Notifications
Clear all

My Job Is Causing Horrible Acne, I Want To Quit

MemberMember
(@leandra123)

Posted : 10/10/2014 12:44 pm

Ive been working at McDonald's for a year and a half and when i started i had no acne. I would only get a zit or two once in a while. But after two months pimples started accumulating and my entire photo album on my phone tracked the breakouts month after month, more and more in each picture. Im so sad and embarrassed of them it makes me not want to be out in public. I want to quit but i feel dumb when i tell ppl that i quit because my face was getting bad. I dont know what to do.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/10/2014 4:17 pm

how do you know its because of your job ?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 10/10/2014 7:18 pm

stay at your job, and hunt for other ones to work at. :)

MemberMember
(@jakitoy)

Posted : 10/11/2014 5:43 am

My elder sister also face the same problem. She goes to her office regularly and the distance between her home and office is so ling and the road is so dirty. As a result her face is now full with acnes .

MemberMember
(@leww)

Posted : 10/11/2014 10:04 am

I wouldn't just quit, explore your options first and seek alternate employment before leaving if you feel you really want to.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/13/2014 2:48 pm

Are you eating mcdonalds as a result of jobbing there? Fries can cause bad acne in some people.

You don't need to tell anyone why you quit. You could talk to your boss and ask not to do the tasks that breaks you out. If you absolutely can't take it, tell him/ her about it, most likely they will have you do other tasks.

MemberMember
(@scatman888)

Posted : 10/14/2014 10:28 am

u seems eat the free meals they offer for the employer just dont eat it u will be fine

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 10/14/2014 5:27 pm

Three possibilities:

1. How old are you? This could just be a recently occurring hormone problem.

2. Have you been eating more McDonalds food as a result of working there? It's greasy and very high GI so that could be contributing to your acne. If so, try to stop eating the food.

3. The dreaded frier! I used to work at Arby's, and I think my acne did get a little worse when I had to work the frier, because of the oil. As other people suggested, you could request other tasks, rather than working the frier... but I honestly would just recommend quitting and getting a retail job where there is no frier! Everyone's hiring now for the holiday season - go get some applications out! And honestly, no one is gonna question why you would want to stop working at McDonalds. People expect working there to be terrible.