Notifications
Clear all

My Scar Turned White?

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/09/2014 7:12 am

My scar that has been red for a long time turned white over just an evening.. I guess this is not good... at all.. What can I do? It looks weird :((

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 10/09/2014 5:41 pm

It means it's a hypopigmented scar. I have a lot of these...it happens due to inflammation and theres not too much you can do. Once the redness faded from some of mine that's when I saw that they were white.

I read that recell can help restore pigment to these scars as well as lasers to a lesser extent. The other option is cosmetic tattooing but you can't have laser resurfacing over those areas because of the pigment used interacting with it and turning black (or just let your doctor know and he/she can avoid those areas)

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/15/2014 1:19 pm

It means it's a hypopigmented scar. I have a lot of these...it happens due to inflammation and theres not too much you can do. Once the redness faded from some of mine that's when I saw that they were white.

I read that recell can help restore pigment to these scars as well as lasers to a lesser extent. The other option is cosmetic tattooing but you can't have laser resurfacing over those areas because of the pigment used interacting with it and turning black (or just let your doctor know and he/she can avoid those areas)

Can it be so that the aloe vera gel I used actually made the scars finally heal and I can now see what's under the scars?

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 10/15/2014 3:19 pm

better white than red right? :)

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/15/2014 6:13 pm

better white than red right?

Yes that is true, but some of the scars was smaller before.. and if you check this image I didnt know that they wasn't flat, thats when I wrinkle my forehead they show up to be small and line-wise... can they be keloids or what are they? Also, would it be wise to dermaroll them or was that what caused them in the first place?

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 10/16/2014 12:46 am

I also had some side effects from the dermaroller: fine irregular lines above my left eyebrow, a bump under my left eye and bulging veins on my forehead. I applied too much pressure to the roller. Dermastamps are safer and I have used only them lately.

As for your scars becoming white or linear I don't know what to say. It may be part of the remodeling process that is going on. Many of my scars are also becoming linear but It doesn't bother me because I read many posts written by people who had this kind of change too. It's common. My white scars are slowly regaining their original skin color, but none of them was red when I started skin needling. Unlike yours, they were quite old.

Right now I'm also confused about skin needling. It has improved my shallow scars but one specific scar, located on my neck, developed a thin layer of red tissue over it. I have no idea of what it may be. If it does not disappear on its own during the next weeks I'll look for a doctor to have it checked.

I don't want to be negative. I still believe there is hope. Many people improved their scars and reported their achievements here, but the problem is that we have to cause damage to the skin to improve it. Sometimes this damage only adds up to the damage we already have.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/16/2014 3:57 am

I also had some side effects from the dermaroller: fine irregular lines above my left eyebrow, a bump under my left eye and bulging veins on my forehead. I applied too much pressure to the roller. Dermastamps are safer and I have used only them lately.

As for your scars becoming white or linear I don't know what to say. It may be part of the remodeling process that is going on. Many of my scars are also becoming linear but It doesn't bother me because I read many posts written by people who had this kind of change too. It's common. My white scars are slowly regaining their original skin color, but none of them was red when I started skin needling. Unlike yours, they were quite old.

Right now I'm also confused about skin needling. It has improved my shallow scars but one specific scar, located on my neck, developed a thin layer of red tissue over it. I have no idea of what it may be. If it does not disappear on its own during the next weeks I'll look for a doctor to have it checked.

I don't want to be negative. I still believe there is hope. Many people improved their scars and reported their achievements here, but the problem is that we have to cause damage to the skin to improve it. Sometimes this damage only adds up to the damage we already have.

Alright!

So were they like the linear scars on the picture or were they atrophic? I got both kinds, but these on the picture are new for me. They stand out whenever I wrinkle my forehead.

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 10/16/2014 9:32 am

My linear scars are indented. They are not raised or leveled with the surrounding skin.

It seems the central part of the scars you circled are elevated. They look normal for me. The remodeling process is unpredictable and some scars may get weird along the way. It's expected.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/16/2014 1:30 pm

My linear scars are indented. They are not raised or leveled with the surrounding skin.

It seems the central part of the scars you circled are elevated. They look normal for me. The remodeling process is unpredictable and some scars may get weird along the way. It's expected.

Yeah, I even wonder if it can be Milia? Seems like Milia can happen after needlign and I should probably stop using the Aloe Vera as you said?

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 10/17/2014 11:00 pm

Julian, maybe try waiting two months before needling again and see if there are changes to the scars until then. It could very likely be caused by needling but it could also be from something else. If you've had success with needling in the past it's probably not a cause for concern, just make sure you keep a close eye for any more hypopigmentation and carefully take pictures to document progress from now on.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/18/2014 8:16 am

Julian, maybe try waiting two months before needling again and see if there are changes to the scars until then. It could very likely be caused by needling but it could also be from something else. If you've had success with needling in the past it's probably not a cause for concern, just make sure you keep a close eye for any more hypopigmentation and carefully take pictures to document progress from now on.

Will do,

Do you think dermaneedling is good for white scars? I'm not sure yet if the Aloe Vera healed or didn't heal my skin..