Notifications
Clear all

Does Cbd (Cannabidiol) Really Reduces Sebum Secretion

MemberMember
(@duke-1234)

Posted : 10/08/2014 11:25 am

Hello everyone,

Excess sebum affects my life for fifteen years, and makes me acne, seborrhea and rosacea.

Because I suffer from a background of Autoimmune disease, I must not take Roaccutane.
(In the past I took a low dose for a year and a half with a benefit, but since then things in my health have changed, and as of today I can not take).

I Would love to hear if you found a topical solution to balance oily skin..

I found these studie aboud CBD (Cannabidiol)
Has anyone tried?

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/64628

Many thanks and appreciate your help

MemberMember
(@freshpowder)

Posted : 10/16/2014 1:16 pm

I cannot directly answer your question, but can say that I have mass dosed on both 'simpson oil' and 'edibles'. The 'edibles' contain the CBD as well as THC and other goodies (CBN, CBD, CBG, etc), while the 'simpson oil' (made using a solvent) only contains the THC, and cooks out the other chemicals. I took both internally and increased dosage.

With both methods, I noticed increased healing in my skin. This was before I realized ANY grain messes me up, and I was eating the 'edibles' infused in oats, and other grains, etc. It is not a cure all, but defiantly helps with overall healing.

I know I have read that people who try chemo, fail, then try 'edibles' or 'simpson oil' usually take 2-3+ times longer to heal their cancer than people who just take the 'simpson oil' / 'edibles'. This shows that the digested CBD, etc, works on healing the overall body, and does not just target one area, although if you eat it it will by default cure your stomach, liver before attempting to heal lungs, lower intestines, etc, because of the way it builds up when taken orally.

As far as topical solution, I have only tried it with 'simpson oil', which helped, but also seemed to aggravate / clog pores, but it was not a cream, it was a thick oil.

I cannot say for sure, but I honestly think a CBD cream applied topically would do wonders.

With that said though, if you live in a non-medical state and can only get CBD via some online website that sells the oils, they seem to all be super diluted and may not be worth the efforts.

MemberMember
(@bsider)

Posted : 10/23/2014 6:59 pm

I also saw that study and was very intrigued, especially with this blurb:

Although the levels of CBD seen in the plasma of patients receiving Sativex are below (73) the CBD doses (= lower micromolar range) that exerted the most robust effects in our studies, such doses could easily be achieved after topical CBD application, using appropriate vehicles already used in current standard acne management. Due to its high lipophilicity, CBD is expected to preferentially enter the skin via the transfollicular route and to accumulate in the sebaceous gland (74, 75).

A couple months ago, I tried applying the "Wellbe" brand cbd oil to the left side of my face for a few weeks, but there was no decrease in sebum or acne.

I've been debating whether to try a higher concentration cbd oil, but these types of cbd oils can very expensive.

MemberMember
(@duke-1234)

Posted : 10/25/2014 9:23 am

Thanks for sharing :)

MemberMember
(@bacterion)

Posted : 11/19/2014 4:31 pm

I can tell you that whenever I smoke weed my skin gets drier and the epidermal inflammation goes almost completely away. When I still had pimples, they would also subside.

I haven't tested all the substances individually though.

MemberMember
(@jimmygold)

Posted : 05/05/2017 7:51 am

On 10/8/2014 at 9:55 PM, duke 1234 said:

Hello everyone,

Excess sebum affects my life for fifteen years, and makes me acne, seborrhea and rosacea.

Because I suffer from a background of Autoimmune disease, I must not take Roaccutane.
(In the past I took a low dose for a year and a half with a benefit, but since then things in my health have changed, and as of today I can not take).

I Would love to hear if you found a topical solution to balance oily skin..

I found these studie aboud CBD (Cannabidiol)
Has anyone tried?

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/64628

Many thanks and appreciate your help

Too much sebum produces surface oiliness, blocks pores, provides nourishment to bacteria that live upon the skin and contributes to acne flare-ups.You suffer from sebum , and you can get your hands on CBD oil, I encourage you to give it a try.