Notifications
Clear all

Subcision~ My Journey So Far~

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 10/07/2014 12:58 am

In my opinion I think the laser would work much better for your type of scars. My understanding is that subcision is for rolling scarring that is tethered down in the deeper layers of the skin. Your's looks to be closer to the surface with jagged edges. I had scarring of a similar type that is a lot less noticeable after two rounds of mixto.

You liked
MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 10/07/2014 8:23 am

You can definitely see improvement, especially in your right cheek, it looks much less red and your scarring seems to have smoothed out a lot, a bit harder to see the left pic, but going by the right one it looks like everything is going in the right direction! Have you been happy with your results so far? A lot of people don't follow up after their treatment or don't get the results that they wanted so it would be good to hear a story with a happy ending :)

You liked
MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 10/07/2014 11:14 pm

The worst part about mixto by far is the cost, I dont know what your doctor charges but holy shit mine was expensive. Aside from that it really wasn't too bad, and my doctor went fairly aggressive. I looked pretty horrid for the first 3 nights, literally leaking yellow fluid that would form a nasty crust over my face. This was the worst part about recovering because it is so god damn itchy and makes sleeping next to impossible. After the leaking period is over the next three days feels like a cakewalk because your face just develops a tight brown layer over it that will eventually peel off, around day 6. Every few hours I would soak my face in a mixture of water and white vinegar and then reapply a laser balm. I think some people's doctors give them vaseline or aquaphor but that stuff is really thick and feels disgusting. I did my first one in march and my second in august. The second was definitely more aggressive but like I said, its only the first few days that really suck.

You liked
MemberMember
(@lightninginaskillet)

Posted : 10/08/2014 9:28 am

How did the actual procedure go? Any pain or anything?
Your profile picture is awesome btw!

MemberMember
(@ronron)

Posted : 10/12/2014 1:29 am

Hi Nom,

Luckily your scars are rather shallow and not deep. Do you think subcision has worked on your shallow scars ? I would think few deep peels and time might improve it. Also was the subcision done using a diabetic syringe needle or a nokor needle?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/12/2014 7:12 pm

do you still have active acne or is the redness from the sub ?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/12/2014 9:17 pm

Who was your doctor?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/12/2014 10:10 pm

i did a at home subcision and it left me with major bruising lol ...i member goin to the gym and people giving me the wierdest looks....its crazy how people that don't stress from bad skin think we are all nuts

swen liked
MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/19/2014 7:18 pm

A little update, too lazy to take pics though, but it looks like a little bit of the scarring is coming back in some areas that were treated, but they certainly aren't as deep as before. Still about a 15%-20% improvement overall~ I'll try and take pics this week sometime.

My next subcision is next week, I think I may use some copper peptides I had bought a while ago after my next treatment or msm, or both... i'll see lol.

Who was your doctor?

Sorry but I'm not really comfortable giving the doctor's name out quite yet. I know he's been mentioned on this board before and he's a great doc so far but I wanna see how the next subcision goes first/ or after I get my laser procedure (if I decide to go with one) before I say the name and recommend him... just cause its the internet and stuff lol. XD

>

i did a at home subcision and it left me with major bruising lol ...i member goin to the gym and people giving me the wierdest looks....its crazy how people that don't stress from bad skin think we are all nuts

Oh wow, that took some guts! XD I don't think I could do a subcision at home like that, at least not yet. How did it go? Did you get any results?

no ...but i think if i had it done professionally i would have ...one this ive done here lately thats helped my skin and get rid of big pores is take a 5 min shower on freezing cold water...i only take cold showers now and feel better and look better i thank

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/19/2014 10:07 pm

A little update, too lazy to take pics though, but it looks like a little bit of the scarring is coming back in some areas that were treated, but they certainly aren't as deep as before. Still about a 15%-20% improvement overall~ I'll try and take pics this week sometime.

My next subcision is next week, I think I may use some copper peptides I had bought a while ago after my next treatment or msm, or both... i'll see lol.

Who was your doctor?

Sorry but I'm not really comfortable giving the doctor's name out quite yet. I know he's been mentioned on this board before and he's a great doc so far but I wanna see how the next subcision goes first/ or after I get my laser procedure (if I decide to go with one) before I say the name and recommend him... just cause its the internet and stuff lol. XD

>

Oh wow, that took some guts! XD I don't think I could do a subcision at home like that, at least not yet. How did it go? Did you get any results?

that gives it away, dr rullan :_)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/20/2014 12:49 pm

shouldnt you wait atleast 3-6 months before doing another subcision to let the collagen kick in ?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/04/2015 7:46 am

Keep it up. Even the smallest of improvements are worth it

You liked
MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/27/2015 6:22 am

try not go for the laser if you can. Go for PRP instead with the needling. Do some research before doing the laser.

Cotton liked
MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 03/31/2015 7:52 pm

How aggressive did your doctor go? I'd recommend going aggressive at least until the last session. Great improvements btw.

You liked
MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/24/2015 6:38 pm

So did you do the laser yet? What kind of scars would you call yours? Mine are so similar...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/26/2015 7:31 am

try not go for the laser if you can. Go for PRP instead with the needling. Do some research before doing the laser.

I'm definitely going to try less invasive things like micro-needling and subcision first, before thinking about using lasers or dermabrasion, considering all of the horror stories I've read. Do you know which would be more effective: 1) dermapen + topical PRP or 2) dermal filler PRP injection (with or without subcision)?

Subcision suction and home needling. You really need to give this a try...I can't recommend it enough.

You liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/27/2015 4:23 am

Seriously, I wished I would have gone down this route in the beginning of my scar revision journey, speaking as someone who's dropped massive amounts of money and more importantly lost time in the process. Funny thing is, I actually did start out doing a couple of subcisions, but it was with a not so talented physician and I was not aware of the suctioning protocol at the time. I think the suctioning is really the key element to prevent the scars from reattaching during the first few critical weeks post-subcision.

NomNom, your results are really amazing! Keep it up.

Maxzide, Ang22 and liked
MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/29/2015 3:03 pm

I don't know what I'll do. I can't find anyone in my area who specializes in subcision, who has a lot of experience with it. Do you guys know anything about Infini Microneedle Fractional RF? I'm really interested in this. I think it's very new, I couldn't find anyone in my area who offers it. I found an article online "Evaluation of Microneedling Fractional Radiofrequency Device for Treatment of Acne Scars", the results with pictures were good. I also found an article on "Scar Treatments Evolve with Non-Traditional and Emerging Therapies" in the Autumn 2012 issue of the European Aesthetic Guide where they talk about this new "multi-modality laser" and other lasers that combine wavelengths such as the YouLaser MT. I don't understand why these lasers are available in Europe, Australia, and Canada, but not here

I would call several practices and ask. One by one. You may even have to travel out of state. Subcision success ultimately relies on the doctor performing it, really.. Make sure you incorporate suction after you find a doctor you're comfortable with.

You liked
MemberMember
(@rarryrison83)

Posted : 05/29/2015 9:08 pm

what are you using for the suction? Anyway to remedy the prolonged bruising from the suction?

MemberMember
(@rarryrison83)

Posted : 05/31/2015 12:08 am

what are you using for the suction? Anyway to remedy the prolonged bruising from the suction?

I used a chinese cupping set I got from amazon. As for the bruising, I didn't try to do anything for it, so I'm not sure.

-I just ordered the same one. got the recommendation from robertitoo.=) Prime shipping is the best

Any advice?

-How was your bruising after a week or two with suction. Is it anything I should worry about? I'm just worried about being self conscious when I return to work.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/31/2015 12:28 pm

NomNomWaffles, on 30 May 2015 - 21:41, said:

Alright, I scheduled an appointment for laser and subcision towards the end of June. :D After a lot of thinking, I decided I'm not going to get ultherapy done. I'm sure the doctor's skilled at it and knows what he's doing, but there's just too many mixed reviews and I don't want to risk it at this time since my scars aren't all that bad anymore. I am sooooooooo curious about ultherapy though, because when my skin gets pulled almost all of my scars are gone... but my gut was uneasy with it, so gut wins. Damn gut. lol

Giselle1, on 29 May 2015 - 10:46, said:

I don't know what I'll do. I can't find anyone in my area who specializes in subcision, who has a lot of experience with it. Do you guys know anything about Infini Microneedle Fractional RF? I'm really interested in this. I think it's very new, I couldn't find anyone in my area who offers it. I found an article online "Evaluation of Microneedling Fractional Radiofrequency Device for Treatment of Acne Scars", the results with pictures were good. I also found an article on "Scar Treatments Evolve with Non-Traditional and Emerging Therapies" in the Autumn 2012 issue of the European Aesthetic Guide where they talk about this new "multi-modality laser" and other lasers that combine wavelengths such as the YouLaser MT. I don't understand why these lasers are available in Europe, Australia, and Canada, but not here

:( I would keep looking for someone who does subcision, I think its the major first step to getting rid of scars (especially combined with suctioning). I don't really have any experience with RF needling, so I can't really comment. It seems to help some, but not others. As for lasers, it tends to have more to do with the doctor's skill, than the laser itself. But again, I haven't had laser quite yet, so this is just speculation. What works for some, doesn't work others, just depends on the person. Best of luck with finding a doctor and your journey

rarryrison83, on 29 May 2015 - 19:15, said:

I used a chinese cupping set I got from amazon. As for the bruising, I didn't try to do anything for it, so I'm not sure.

What's the laser again?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/31/2015 7:59 pm

shouldnt you wait atleast 3-6 months before doing another subcision to let the collagen kick in ?

I had a lot of scars, so the doctor didn't treat them all at once. So the doctor recommended doing subcisions once a month as well as a laser to help with the redness :)

Alright its been a while since a last updated, but I decided to make a gallery. After the second subcison, I broke out from the numbing injections, and I didn't have the nerve to take any pictures. There's still improvement though! :) I probably had about 15% improvement from the subcisions even though the breakouts caused a setback. Right now I'm just alternating tca chemical peels and needling (dermastamp/dermaroller/single needling) about every two weeks.

Here's the gallery:

I'm lazy at the moment, so I just posted before pics from when I started, and pics now. Sorry the lighting's all over the place. The now pics may have a little microswelling since I just did a TCA peel a week ago, and I'm still peeling a little. But since I started treating my scars back near the end of September, (5 months ago) there's probably at least a good stable 30-40% improvement :D Some days it looks better, some days worse. I still have a ways to go, but I think by the end of the year I will be satisfied with my scarring, fingers crossed. ^.^

My routine right now:

when i needle (i use either a 1.5- 2.0 mm dermastamp or roller and sometimes single needling):

-wash my face with dr bronner's soap

-during needling i mix copper pepetides (super cop 2x) with msm, and an ointment that has aloe, vitamin a, e, and zinc. then roll

-then i wash the blood off my face and reaapply that mix. Let it dry.

-Then i mix MRM msm cream with Cellfood, and Reservage Collagen powder (which contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin c)

-Let it dry then I apply tanamu oil for the first day.

Next day in the morning:

-wash with warm water only

-if i have a breakout from the needling, i just put mix some epsom salt in water and apply to my face; and then I mix MRM msm cream with the Reservage powder and apply.

-and then apply some tallow balm.

-At night, I wash again with water, if there's any breakout, I'll put some epsom salt on, I mix the Reservage powder, Cellfood and MRM MSM cream (and for the first couple days afterwards I'll mix copper peptides in it)

-Then I apply tallow balm to keep my face moisturized until my face is healed.

For the chemical peel:

-I started off with the 15% for the first couple times, then I spot treated with 30% once, and now I'm doing 22.5% tca.

-I wash my face with Dr. Bronner's soap.

-Apply chemical peel then neutralize with baking soda mixed in water, then rinse off.

-Let face dry.

-Apply a mix of copper peptides, Reservage powder, MRM msm cream, (and for the first night Derma E tea tree and E Antispetic Creme).

-Then I apply tallow balm to keep skin well moisturized.

-Then I pretty much do the same morning and night routine as I do after needling.

My skin heals much better when I use topicals vs when I don't. And I try to make sure to take it easy with excercise while healing, eat healthy and to try to eat a lot of calories.

And randomly, I may use a red LED light, High Frequency device, and cupping. But not very routinely XD Its so rare I do them, I don't think it's contributed much lol.

I'll probably be wandering off this site again for a while so I can try to focus my mind on other stuff rather than my scars XD I'll try to update on my progress in a few months :)

God, I love how savage you are with your treatments and routine. Just like myself. We're heading towards complete resolution, one step at a time.

Here's hoping your Subcision and Mixto goes well. Are you going to incorporate the suction protocol? Did you ask your doctor if that's a good idea? :o

You liked
MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/31/2015 8:26 pm

i didn't have any luck with the suctioning ...i haven't rolled in over a year and didn't see much from dermapen . I would love to do the subcision

MemberMember
(@rarryrison83)

Posted : 06/06/2015 9:30 pm

NNW, Just got subcison last Wednesday. Been suctioning as well. Did you ice your face during the suction period? I iced my face but realized the iced is putting pressure on my skin which is concerns me because I don't want to help re-attach the scar tissue in anyway. I also got cool touch, this really helped with the redness. Thanks again for everything!

You liked
MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 06/19/2015 8:35 pm

You liked