Should I Stop? Plea...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I Stop? Please Help...

MemberMember
(@matiastorresz)

Posted : 10/05/2014 9:38 pm

I'm on my week 7 and i still have redness and flakiness on my face, mostly of the time my skin is dry and flaky, some random days it looks good and i can laugh without it cracked up. I have tried thermal water and a moisturizer from avene that went bad on my skin increasing the redness and the sensibility of my face. I have never used a sunscreen so i thought that the redness could be because of it, so i tried an avene sunscreen and it burned my face (again) and now my face is looking so red and when i took pictures i can see that my face is so much darker than my neck skin and i have 6 new pimples for the first time since i started the regimen! What can i do??

P.S: i have light skin so the acne.org moisturizer leaves my face tinted but when i wash my face i can see the redness of my face

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/06/2014 3:53 am

redness is a pretty normal reaction while your skin is adjusting to BP, but certain moisurisers also have an adverse reaction. Perhaps try changing your moisturiser to a different brand, such as cetaphil.

I would have expected that the redness would start to lesson by week 7 though....you may be one of the unlucky ones whose skin will always react to BP. Try a new moisturiser and if that doesn't work, it just might mean that the regimen isn't the best option for you.

Good luck! smile.png

MemberMember
(@matiastorresz)

Posted : 10/11/2014 7:22 pm

Thank you and i will try the cetaphil moisturizer, i hope it helps me because i'm very tired of my acne! haha

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/12/2014 8:25 pm

Acne is tiresome, I agree! :D