Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Get Rid Of This (Or Is It Permanenent?)

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 10/05/2014 5:52 pm

This is from past acne that I picked at in the past...I've had it now for about six years. what can i do

for the past few weeks iv been using aha+ cerave foaming face wash and desert essence tea tree oil pads

post-424999-0-02710100-1412549497.jpg

post-424999-0-02710100-1412549497.jpg

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 10/05/2014 11:15 pm

BUMP

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 10/06/2014 1:03 am

I really can't tell what you're referencing. I see what maybe looks like a boxcar scar and i'm just assuming that's what you mean.For Starters I would get your active acne under control first, maybe look into a retin-a its pretty drying but it worked pretty well for me. After you have all of that under control you should work on getting rid of your hyper pigmentation. AHA is already a good start on that, I'd recommend some sort of weekly peel like mandellic acid or maybe lactic. I had a similar sort of hyper pigmentation and mandellic has done wonders. I guarantee once you have the active acne under control and all the hyper pigmentation gone you should probably be happy.

The scars themselves are permanent most likely, they will continue to smooth out and blend in with the skin better as time progresses but if you aren't satisfied with that you could look into something like excision maybe, I'd use that only as a last resort though. First just get everything under control, even out your skin tone and it'll look a lot better. And the scar that I can see doesn't look bad at all, without the hyper pigmentation i'd doubt it'd even be noticeable.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 10/06/2014 8:49 am

I really can't tell what you're referencing. I see what maybe looks like a boxcar scar and i'm just assuming that's what you mean.For Starters I would get your active acne under control first, maybe look into a retin-a its pretty drying but it worked pretty well for me. After you have all of that under control you should work on getting rid of your hyper pigmentation. AHA is already a good start on that, I'd recommend some sort of weekly peel like mandellic acid or maybe lactic. I had a similar sort of hyper pigmentation and mandellic has done wonders. I guarantee once you have the active acne under control and all the hyper pigmentation gone you should probably be happy.

The scars themselves are permanent most likely, they will continue to smooth out and blend in with the skin better as time progresses but if you aren't satisfied with that you could look into something like excision maybe, I'd use that only as a last resort though. First just get everything under control, even out your skin tone and it'll look a lot better. And the scar that I can see doesn't look bad at all, without the hyper pigmentation i'd doubt it'd even be noticeable.

Thanks a lot for this