Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monicah

living without bread?

You want to stop bread totally? Why? I'm just wondering, because if you just want to stop eating wheat bread or something like that, then there's tons of alternatives. But otherwise you can eat rice breads, crackers, cakes to replace bread.

I want to stop totally. I found out recently that bread is upsetting my stomach. So I was wondering if I stop eating bread, my stomach problems will go away and also my back acne. I've tried eating other breads than wheat breads, but it still upsets my stomach.

Have you tried spelt bread? I'm allergic to wheat so I eat the spelt stuff instead and it seems fine for me. Of course, everyone is different but its worth a shot since bread is fairly hard to cut out of your diet completely. The only annoying thing about it is that it likes to crumble a lot but it tastes pretty good. smile.gif

If you have trouble with all breads including rice, have you checked into what type of stomach disorder you have? Ever heard of the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle? There's a diet in there called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet that allows you to eat bread products, via nut or legume flour. Here's a link: http://www.scdiet.org/

Thanks for the replies!

It's hard to get other types of bread here where I live, so that's why I want to stop eating it. I already know I'm allergic to wheat, and I want to see if the acne on my back disappears if I stop eating bread completely. I get cysts on my back and I'm pretty sure it's diet related.

I ate raw carrots and cooked rice today at school, lol! I guess I just have to be creative and try out new things. I'll let you know how it goes! I already cured the acne I used to get on my face by taking zink and Primrose oil everyday. I also take 1 tablespoon brewer's yeast every day.

Soba noodles made with 100% buckwheat have no wheat or gluten in them (despite the name, buckwheat is actually a type of rhubarb). You can make noodle salads, they're tasty and quick.

Soba noodles made with 100% buckwheat have no wheat or gluten in them (despite the name, buckwheat is actually a type of rhubarb). You can make noodle salads, they're tasty and quick.

Living with someone who owns a bakery I thought it would be difficult to stop eating bread, but it was quite easy. First I cut out the white bread, then the the other wheat breads, rye, malt, leckerbrot, etc.

I don't see cakes as a good alternative as they are still flour based, not to mention all that extra sugar, the butter fat would balance the glycemic index somewhat but it'd still be as bad as bread.

Since I stopped bread, the acne has improved a lot, and I can get ripped a lot easier with less exercise.

I haven't eaten bread since I started this thread and the acne I have on my back is clearing up! yaay! I eat rice when I'm at school and when I come home I eat other stuff. It's working great! eusa_dance.gif