Notifications
Clear all

Food Intolerance Test

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 10/05/2014 5:51 am

i am currently on a low dosage of accutane (10 mg) and i will probally stop taking it in 1-2 month. i am sure that after i will finish taking it my skin will turn crazy oily again and my skin will go bad. i already noticed how my skin got abit oily after i lowered from 40 mg to 10 mg.

so im desperate for a solution and i wanna try taking a food intolerance test and eliminate the bad foods for me, and see if it helps.

i found out i can do a test for about 500$ for 200 different foods in some private lab.

i have 3 main corcerns:

1. is it ok if i do the test while on accutane?

2. for that much money i wanna know this test is legit but i dont know much about these tests, so how do i know the test i found is good?

all these igg food intolorence tests r pretty much the same?? are there ones that r particularly less good than others?

what is ur experience with those tests?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:29 am

A couple things. First, oily skin coming back does not mean the acne will come back. Oily skin does not cause acne.

Secondly, if you're having problems with oily skin, you might want to do a nutritional profile first to see the levels of vitamins and metabolites in your blood. This will probably be more useful for you.

Lastly, accutane changes your immune system. I would not take any food sensitivity test until you've been off the medication for at least a month.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:32 am

I just wento a natropath a week ago and paid $60 to have vega testing done. They don't test for 200 things but over 100. You can find out what the list of things they test for and then bring in stuff that's not on the list that you eat all the time and have them test it. They also test your candida level which I was pretty high and that can cause acne and cause your hormones to act out. It's cool that they do it right there and you find out the results right then. My mom had actually got an extensive lab allergy test done and it said she wasn't allergic to a single thing, which she knew she was. So she did the vega test and showed she was. Pretty weird.

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:45 am

I just wento a natropath a week ago and paid $60 to have vega testing done. They don't test for 200 things but over 100. You can find out what the list of things they test for and then bring in stuff that's not on the list that you eat all the time and have them test it. They also test your candida level which I was pretty high and that can cause acne and cause your hormones to act out. It's cool that they do it right there and you find out the results right then. My mom had actually got an extensive lab allergy test done and it said she wasn't allergic to a single thing, which she knew she was. So she did the vega test and showed she was. Pretty weird.

Well no shyt sherlock, allergy and intolerance are two totally different things, allergy does not show up in intolerance test and vice versa. It seems some of you people were born yesterday, SMH.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:52 am

Well no shyt sherlock, allergy and intolerance are two totally different things, allergy does not show up in intolerance test and vice versa. It seems some of you people were born yesterday, SMH.

Oh okay "athleteman" thanks for your polite response

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:54 am

No prob. I'm here to educate the "less gifted" ones.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:56 am

Are you just mad because you tried hitting on me and I didn't think it was cute?

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:57 am

Are you just mad because you tried hitting on me and I didn't think it was cute?

Yes, you got me.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 10/05/2014 11:58 am

A couple things. First, oily skin coming back does not mean the acne will come back. Oily skin does not cause acne.

Secondly, if you're having problems with oily skin, you might want to do a nutritional profile first to see the levels of vitamins and metabolites in your blood. This will probably be more useful for you.

Lastly, accutane changes your immune system. I would not take any food sensitivity test until you've been off the medication for at least a month.

do u have any accurate information regarding the accutane thing? i just dont wanna mess the test, or w8 for no reason.

u are probally from the us, and im not, so im not really sure if i have that test it in my area. basicly i googled 'food intolerance test' and tried to find a place to make a test and thats about the only place i found.

i have also heard about these self-test kits, that any1 can buy, i wonder if any1 here tried.

the candida test is completly seperate though right? i can try look for a place to do it if i want.

u two get a room and stop spamming in my thread

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/05/2014 12:01 pm

do u have any accurate information regarding the accutane thing? i just dont wanna mess the test, or w8 for no reason.

>I just wento a natropath a week ago and paid $60 to have vega testing done. They don't test for 200 things but over 100. You can find out what the list of things they test for and then bring in stuff that's not on the list that you eat all the time and have them test it. They also test your candida level which I was pretty high and that can cause acne and cause your hormones to act out. It's cool that they do it right there and you find out the results right then. My mom had actually got an extensive lab allergy test done and it said she wasn't allergic to a single thing, which she knew she was. So she did the vega test and showed she was. Pretty weird.

u are probally from the us, and im not, so im not really sure if i have that test it in my area. basicly i googled 'food intolerance test' and tried to find a place to make a test and thats about the only place i found.

i have also heard about these self-test kits, that any1 can buy, i wonder if any1 here tried.

dude stop spamming in my thread.

Are you friggin kidding me? Everything I said was the truth. Food intolerance test doesn't show any allergies and allergy test doesn't show any intolerances! How dumb can you be, really I want to know.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 10/05/2014 12:08 pm

>>I just wento a natropath a week ago and paid $60 to have vega testing done. They don't test for 200 things but over 100. You can find out what the list of things they test for and then bring in stuff that's not on the list that you eat all the time and have them test it. They also test your candida level which I was pretty high and that can cause acne and cause your hormones to act out. It's cool that they do it right there and you find out the results right then. My mom had actually got an extensive lab allergy test done and it said she wasn't allergic to a single thing, which she knew she was. So she did the vega test and showed she was. Pretty weird.

lockquote>

>

dude stop spamming in my thread.

Are you friggin kidding me? Everything I said was the truth. Food intolerance test doesn't show any allergies and allergy test doesn't show any intolerances! How dumb can you be, really I want to know.

i was referring to the chit-chat u were starting here.....

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/05/2014 12:10 pm

You are incredibly rude. It's a shame that as an adult you are not able to offer advice or state an opinion that does not insult someone else. Instead of responding to threads you may want to spend your time learning some basic people skills.

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/05/2014 12:15 pm

Good luck with your acne guys, I think I'm gonna leave this site for good. I have already cured my acne naturally and thought that I could help other people get acne free too. That was a bad idea it seems, people are too dumb to listen. I honestly think that acne is god's way of letting you know how dumb you are. The way you guys are going I don't see a clear future for you in this life, pun intended. Enjoy your acne.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 10/05/2014 12:21 pm

You are incredibly rude. It's a shame that as an adult you are not able to offer advice or state an opinion that does not insult someone else. Instead of responding to threads you may want to spend your time learning some basic people skills.

exactly. well said.

Good luck with your acne guys, I think I'm gonna leave this site for good. I have already cured my acne naturally and thought that I could help other people get acne free too. That was a bad idea it seems, people are too dumb to listen. I honestly think that acne is god's way of letting you know how dumb you are. The way you guys are going I don't see a clear future for you in this life, pun intended. Enjoy your acne.

to me, its just hilarious that u think u are helpful or smart. seriously dude.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/05/2014 6:11 pm

i am currently on a low dosage of accutane (10 mg) and i will probally stop taking it in 1-2 month. i am sure that after i will finish taking it my skin will turn crazy oily again and my skin will go bad. i already noticed how my skin got abit oily after i lowered from 40 mg to 10 mg.

so im desperate for a solution and i wanna try taking a food intolerance test and eliminate the bad foods for me, and see if it helps.

i found out i can do a test for about 500$ for 200 different foods in some private lab.

i have 3 main corcerns:

2. for that much money i wanna know this test is legit but i dont know much about these tests, so how do i know the test i found is good?

all these igg food intolorence tests r pretty much the same?? are there ones that r particularly less good than others?

I would wait till i was off accutane for a few months before testing just to ensure the results weren't skewered. Also, you want the intolerance test vs the allergy one as food allergies can be pretty severe most of the time while intolerances could contribute to acne if those foods are continuously eaten.

Good Luck. Be aware that food is not the only cause of acne so don't be disappointed if it doesn't solve all your issues.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 10/06/2014 5:44 pm

i have 3 main corcerns:

I would wait till i was off accutane for a few months before testing just to ensure the results weren't skewered. Also, you want the intolerance test vs the allergy one as food allergies can be pretty severe most of the time while intolerances could contribute to acne if those foods are continuously eaten.

Good Luck. Be aware that food is not the only cause of acne so don't be disappointed if it doesn't solve all your issues.

well, i have my reasons to really not wanna w8 several months for this test.

can u pls give me some information as to why and how would accutane affect this test? i need to know.