Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid + Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/04/2014 6:31 pm

both of these work very well togethor way better then bp and aha

i have been using it for a week now and my existing acne dried off so much faster , really does work give it a try guys

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/05/2014 5:10 am

I agree!....I use Panoxyl acnegel (BP) until it was discontinued and Garnier Pure A (Salicylic Acid) together for many years and seemed to work very well together. Had to switch to Panoxyl "aquagel" (water based) a few weeks ago and sadly doesnt work as well tho.....

Any tips on why water based product wont work as well as alcohol base would be great?!...

thank you

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/05/2014 10:49 am

I agree!....I use Panoxyl acnegel (BP) until it was discontinued and Garnier Pure A (Salicylic Acid) together for many years and seemed to work very well together. Had to switch to Panoxyl "aquagel" (water based) a few weeks ago and sadly doesnt work as well tho.....

Any tips on why water based product wont work as well as alcohol base would be great?!...

thank you

these 2 ingredients works well but the important thing about salicylic acid is the ph lvl needs to be right to work

im using clean and clear advantage oil free treatment 2% salicylic acid with a ph of 3.2 combine with dan's bp and moisturizer honestly i can say it works reallly well and you will be amazed from just 1 week if you already got your acne under control

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/07/2014 11:01 am

i been using BP for years ...i use it on pimples i have in night ...it does make your acne go faster but it doesnt prevent it on its own ....any idea how he should be used to prevent the acne ....cause im 98 percent clear and i want to stay this way

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/07/2014 11:39 am

i been using BP for years ...i use it on pimples i have in night ...it does make your acne go faster but it doesnt prevent it on its own ....any idea how he should be used to prevent the acne ....cause im 98 percent clear and i want to stay this way

well i honestly think salicylic acid 2% is better then benzoyl peroxide now that i used it for like a week its incredible but ofc the right product one

if youre still forming acne then that can be internal problems cause probably from bad food ? eat healthy never cheat on it

sleeping early around around 10 - 11 also helps really alot because if you sleep late your body doesnt have enough time for digestion and breaking down the bad stuff

if you decide to use SA and BP , def add in a good moisturizer and you will be fine

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/07/2014 12:55 pm

thanks man ...i actually just stopped accutane becuz of side effects and i'll like for my face to stay clear ...one question ...is 'erythromycin the same as SA''

and im eating healthy ....latelly ...didnt have junk food in months exepts for soda ...cant stop it lol

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/07/2014 1:37 pm

thanks man ...i actually just stopped accutane becuz of side effects and i'll like for my face to stay clear ...one question ...is 'erythromycin the same as SA''

and im eating healthy ....latelly ...didnt have junk food in months exepts for soda ...cant stop it lol

im actually gonna post a picture before and after in a month to show the results because i know its working

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/07/2014 1:52 pm

I use a moisturizer with salicylic acid and zinc in it.....Garnier Pure A. Seems to work well with BP...My face is very oily and it also takes the shine off my face...

erythromycin? I did take this for a while many years ago and it did a good job for a while but my body built up a resistance.......in my view this only works as a short term option and couldn't take it as a long term treatment for acne....roaccutane worked better for me when I had a 6month treatment on it about 6-7years ago....different treatments work best for different people and don't think there is one rule for all.......

Sleeping?...it is true that the body's "digestion and break down the bad stuff" does most of it work when you asleep?....didn't know that! thanks...

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/07/2014 2:07 pm

I use a moisturizer with salicylic acid and zinc in it.....Garnier Pure A. Seems to work well with BP...My face is very oily and it also takes the shine off my face...

erythromycin? I did take this for a while many years ago and it did a good job for a while but my body built up a resistance.......in my view this only works as a short term option and couldn't take it as a long term treatment for acne....roaccutane worked better for me when I had a 6month treatment on it about 6-7years ago....different treatments work best for different people and don't think there is one rule for all.......

Sleeping?...it is true that the body's "digestion and break down the bad stuff" does most of it work when you asleep?....didn't know that! thanks...

also do not eat at night meaning if you sleep at 10 pm eat at 6 or 7 pm give it atleast 3 hr for your body to digest it before going to sleep right away before you eat

i cant find the resource but i remember long time ago

you want to try your best to be asleep 10 pm to 3 am because thats when you body is digesting and breaking down food all that bad stuff

so the longer you sleep between those hour the more hour it has to digest

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/07/2014 3:03 pm

thanks LeadingForce! ;)

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 10/07/2014 8:31 pm

Are you using both sa and bp twice daily? How much bp u using?

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/08/2014 2:09 am

Hi JJ,

I'm using 10% (BP) twice a day, once in the morning after I wash my face and once in the evening after a shower....I use my moisturizer (which has SA and zinc in it) once a day in the morning after the BP.......I've been doing this for almost 15years so my skin is use to this now...I think the thing is to find something that works for you and stick to it. Every time I've change my soap, gel, moisturizer etc my skin doesn't like it and can cause breakouts......so I think its important not to keep changing to different products once you find something that works for you......take care

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/08/2014 9:36 am

Are you using both sa and bp twice daily? How much bp u using?

2% sa and 2.5 % bp i use them both twice a day daily

no dry skin or anything when i moisturize after or redness

when i was using aha with bp tho , i would get red dry patches that felt leathery so yeah with this regimen its way better completely dries out the acne without having to pop or touch it

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/08/2014 1:21 pm

i dont get it ....u guys use BP in mornings
i been always told to use it only at night with the lights turned off ....it speed the process for a pimple to go away but does nothing to prevent them in the future
my face is almost clear now and i wanted to keep this way (i just stopped accutane due to side effects) ...any advice will be great :)
MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/08/2014 2:49 pm

i dont get it ....u guys use BP in mornings
i been always told to use it only at night with the lights turned off ....it speed the process for a pimple to go away but does nothing to prevent them in the future
my face is almost clear now and i wanted to keep this way (i just stopped accutane due to side effects) ...any advice will be great

you can use bp anytime you want , i apply it twice morning and night

it helps with inflammation and getting rid of it yes , i already fixed my diets and everything that is causing my acne i just need to get rid of the existing ones so yeah

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/08/2014 3:47 pm

what did u stop eating to prevent acne

i been avoiding junk food and milk for 4 months now ...and eating a lot of fruits and vegetables ....like a lot

exept for soda and juice ....cant stop them

what did u stop

sorry for my english

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/08/2014 4:28 pm

what did u stop eating to prevent acne

i been avoiding junk food and milk for 4 months now ...and eating a lot of fruits and vegetables ....like a lot

exept for soda and juice ....cant stop them

what did u stop

sorry for my english

i avoid all dairy , junk food , anything with basically lots of sugar or sugar in general if i can

i only drink water

any fluoride products

also i avoid fruits because they do have natural sugar which still isnt good for acne imo so i eat vegetables , lean chicken

i also take supplements and etc

and lastly WILL power to stay consistent with my diet to achieve

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/09/2014 1:49 am

I use BP in the mornings and evenings.....I find that when I miss one my skin becomes very oily.....As mentioned, there isn't one rule for everyone as we are all different, so if once a day works for you then stick with it, that's fine.....Diet?...the only change I made was drinking less tea/coffee and drinking more water....I've read dairy products can make acne worse but cutting out completely also means your body is missing out on important things......I just believe that having a healthy balance is most important....drinking lots of water is VERY good for healthy skin.........again, its not going to be the same for everyone so just try to find what works for you....take care

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/09/2014 5:44 am

thanks guys .....i always tough fruits are good ....i been eating apples like crazy ....i guess i should cut down on them

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/09/2014 10:57 am

I use BP in the mornings and evenings.....I find that when I miss one my skin becomes very oily.....As mentioned, there isn't one rule for everyone as we are all different, so if once a day works for you then stick with it, that's fine.....Diet?...the only change I made was drinking less tea/coffee and drinking more water....I've read dairy products can make acne worse but cutting out completely also means your body is missing out on important things......I just believe that having a healthy balance is most important....drinking lots of water is VERY good for healthy skin.........again, its not going to be the same for everyone so just try to find what works for you....take care

dont drink less tea/coffee just completely remove it because drinking it less wont do anything unless it causing acne then i guess its fine but you will know the next day if it was from that or not

also dairy can make acne so much worse cause of the inflammation it has and hormones , healthy balance is important but you get acne then thats your choice

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/09/2014 11:42 am

I agree.....I just think the concern of cutting dairy out completely means your body will be missing out on calcium rich foods, things that are important for your body (i.e bones/teeth etc,etc....) which is why...its important (if possible!) to find a healthy balance...but I do agree dairy is a big factor.........thanks again for the info!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/09/2014 12:13 pm

How did you figure out that the PH balance was the key? I think SA and BP could work great together if you are already clear.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 10/09/2014 12:24 pm

DebraYR - if you look at Paula Begouin's site www.beautypedia.com she talks about how some products have to be a certain PH level to be effective and how SA and BP can work together because they do different things.

Of course things work differently for everyone as we know!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/09/2014 12:40 pm

Thanks Hope, I'd never heard of PH balance being a consideration when combining certain ingredients like SA and BP...this is good to know...I've flagged Paula's site for future reference, looks like a good site with good info!

LF: How did you find out the PH balance of your Clean and Clear SA product?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/09/2014 2:46 pm

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/best-skin-care-products/Skin-Care/BHA-Exfoliants/_/clean-and-clear--Advantage-Oil-Absorbing-Treatment-Oil-Free

any SA products with a ph of 3-4 will work anything out of those number wont do a thing so its pointless to buy it

the way i use these product is , i put on the SA first for 15-20 min to let it dry and also because bp can/might oxidize SA from what i read but im not sure but just incase i wait 15-20min then apply bp after and letting it dry for 10min also then put on moisturizer after