Notifications
Clear all

"mattifying" Powders For Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/03/2014 7:56 pm

My skin is on the oilier side and usually by the afternoon I get a light "sheen" on my face. It never gets super oily but I just don't like having a shiny face. I set my makeup every day with the Urban Decay De-Slick mattifying powder and if I set it again in the afternoon my face will be fine but the problem is I have to use SO much of this product.... It's $45 for a compact and I swear I go through them in like 2-3 months.

Anyone have any suggestions for setting powders that'll help keep the shine away but won't make me broke? Other products I've tried: CoverFX matte powder (didn't work as well), MUFE microfinish powder (broke me out), UD de-slick spray (too heavy). Thanks :D

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 10/03/2014 10:41 pm

I like covergirl's oily skin compact powder. I hear really great things about Neutrogena's oil control powder with rice protein but they don't sell it where I live.

MemberMember
(@highheelsandmakeup)

Posted : 12/05/2014 4:19 am

Definitely rimmel stay matte! They have translucent and I believe about 4 color shades if you want extra coverage. Its only about 4 or 5 dollars at the drugstore and its a good amount of product for the price. Haven't noticed any breakouts from it either.

MemberMember
(@periiwiinkle)

Posted : 12/31/2014 8:42 pm

Revlon color stay powder is worth a shot

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/01/2015 11:34 am

I have three powders that I rotate around.

MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder

Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder

The Balm Sexy Mama Powder

The MAC and Smashbox one have some coverage to it while The Balm one is a translucent powder.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 08/17/2015 11:35 pm

i have tried many and i think hard candys fast and falbulous translucent finishing oil control pressed powder takes the cake. i was overlooking it because it is so cheap but it is amazing. i think they only sell that brand at walmart too.

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 08/24/2015 9:51 pm

My favorite is Origins Silkscreen powder. It's all I ever need to use :D Good luck in your search!

MemberMember
(@awwdear)

Posted : 08/29/2015 3:56 pm

My absolute favorite is Nyx Twin Cake. It's not cheap, but it keeps my skin matte for a long time, it has never given me any breakouts and you don't have to use a lot of it because it has a pretty good coverage. I bought mine 8 months ago and there is still soo much left (really, it looks almost the same as it did when I bought it). I'm afraid I'll have to throw it away and buy another compact because powders expire after 12 months. Right now I'm using only this product (no bb cream, no foundation, no concealer) and I'm 100% happy.

Before, I used to buy GOSH BB Powder. It was also very good, mattifying and didn't break me out but I was using it up very quickly and it's difficult to find it where I live.