Notifications
Clear all

How Come No One Answered My Question?

MemberMember
(@kurt-staley)

Posted : 10/02/2014 12:39 pm

I never got a reply on the last one :/ but I'm gonna ask again and see if I have any more luck. Basically, I'm 19 years old and developed forehead acne and scars within a year. I have a picture of my forehead and I think it's quite severe, could you guys tell me how bad it is and if there are any indented scars from what you can see? My skin feels smooth but looks slightly dented under direct light, and also purple. So by this image, could you tell me how bad my forehead is and what treatments there is? I have used bio oil for a month and found no difference.

Cheers

post-424564-0-48743100-1412271536_thumb.

post-424564-0-48743100-1412271536_thumb.

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/02/2014 12:51 pm

I think forehead acne is just typical teenager acne, it goes away on it's own. I too had similar forehead acne as a teen but it went away by itself. Now I don't get any acne on my forehead, ever.

MemberMember
(@kurt-staley)

Posted : 10/02/2014 12:57 pm

I do blame the scars on myself I.e popping them and general neglect of the skin, is there anything out there to reduce the redness and can you see any pitted ones in that photo?

MemberMember
(@iggs)

Posted : 10/02/2014 1:01 pm

I don't see any pitted scars. I use the Acne.org moisturizer and AHA, I feel like the lichocaine in them really helps with the redness!

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/02/2014 1:06 pm

Scars do heal very well on their own over time. When I was teen I did something really crazy one night, I'm really hot tempered by nature and this one night I had enough of acne and I took scissors and cut my cheeks very very deep from a couple of places, there were blood everywhere. It makes me very sick to even think about how stupid I was back then but luckily all the scars healed eventually. My cheeks are now like babys and I haven't done any medical procedures to them, I don't have a single scar anymore.

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 10/02/2014 1:08 pm

Almost 100% of my forehead acne comes from stress. Every time I'm stressed or depressed, I get a huge breakout along my forehead. This might not be the case for you, but it could be a factor if you're currently under stress!

What do you use currently to wash your face?

Do you have hair that touches your forehead often?

Do you sleep on a clean pillowcase or towel every night?

Do you drink a lot of water?

Do you exfoliate?

Judging from your picture it isn't bad. You seem to have more discoloration than acne itself. You can use scar removal products to lighten the redness. (my personal favorite is lemon juice, but there are plenty other options)

MemberMember
(@kurt-staley)

Posted : 10/02/2014 1:19 pm

What do you use currently to wash your face?

Do you have hair that touches your forehead often?

Do you sleep on a clean pillowcase or towel every night?

Do you drink a lot of water?

Do you exfoliate?

Judging from your picture it isn't bad. You seem to have more discoloration than acne itself. You can use scar removal products to lighten the redness. (my personal favorite is lemon juice, but there are plenty other options)

My hair does cover my forehead throughout the day pretty much as I use it to hide the acne

I don't sleep on a clean sheet every night but I do change bed sheets every week

I have began drinking at least 2 pints of water per day

And I don't shed loads of skin, but I do get dry skin sometimes

When I mention about the indented ones, it's in the directlight when it sort of stands out but when I run my finger across it, it feels smooth. I don't know if I'm paranoid or something. But I might try lemon juice on the scars :) any others?

And I just wash my face with ordinary dove soap

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 10/02/2014 1:46 pm

My hair does cover my forehead throughout the day pretty much as I use it to hide the acne

I don't sleep on a clean sheet every night but I do change bed sheets every week

I have began drinking at least 2 pints of water per day

And I don't shed loads of skin, but I do get dry skin sometimes

When I mention about the indented ones, it's in the directlight when it sort of stands out but when I run my finger across it, it feels smooth. I don't know if I'm paranoid or something. But I might try lemon juice on the scars any others?

And I just wash my face with ordinary dove soap

Hair produces oils and when in contact with your skin for long periods of time, the oils can transfer from the hair onto your face, producing breakouts. It isn't always the case, but it's some good information to keep in mind!

Changing your pillowcase every night or sleeping on a clean towel can dramatically decrease breakouts. As you sleep at night, sweat and oils from your face become clogged in the fibers of your sheets and pillows, and since we normally sleep 7-8 hours a night, you spend that time with all that sweat and oil laying dormant on your skin. When I began using this method, I saw a reduction in breakouts on my cheeks in just a few days.

Drinking lots of water is not only healthy for you, but is extremely healthy for your skin.

Exfoliation isn't just for people with dry skin! Lightly exfoliating every few days to a week is a good way to cleanse and renew whatever has built up on the top layer of your skin. Just be sure not to go overboard, as it can cause irritation and make your skin produce more oil.

Have you ever tried using maybe a salicylic or benzoyl peroxide facewash? I know plain soap works for some people, but if you're getting breakouts those two may be able to help. Maybe even just a BP spot treatment after your normal wash.

I know what you mean. I have a handful of those kinds of scars on my face currently. What I've found that works best for me (might not be the case for you, since everyone's skin is different) is buying a lemon from your local grocer, and squeezing some of the juice onto a q-tip or cotton pad, then lightly dabbing it on any red marks you see. Tomato juice supposedly works the same way as well, and I've heard honey or vinegar can too. Just stay out of the sun for extended periods of time if you have lemon juice on your skin, because it makes you extremely sensitive to sunlight and can produce freckles or more scarring. There are also many more chemically-based products that can help, but ever since I found lemon juice I haven't touched those, haha.

MemberMember
(@kurt-staley)

Posted : 10/02/2014 1:59 pm

This sounds like all useful stuff and I was surprised to find it wasn't that severe!

Thanks for the help and I will take all advice on board :)

MemberMember
(@joodez)

Posted : 10/03/2014 9:01 am

Scars do heal very well on their own over time. When I was teen I did something really crazy one night, I'm really hot tempered by nature and this one night I had enough of acne and I took scissors and cut my cheeks very very deep from a couple of places, there were blood everywhere. It makes me very sick to even think about how stupid I was back then but luckily all the scars healed eventually. My cheeks are now like babys and I haven't done any medical procedures to them, I don't have a single scar anymore.

Holy cow man, that's insane. I'm glad to hear it healed up, but holy ****. I mean there was a night when I stayed up a little up on something extra and tore away at my skin with my hands, thinking I was going to be making progress. Boy was I wrong. I had some issues with noticeable scars and what not for about a month, but my face seemed to heal as well.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/03/2014 2:50 pm

Forehead acne for me was closely related to digestion and flora

MemberMember
(@sbbh)

Posted : 10/03/2014 10:36 pm

Hello friend,

A statement to live by to cure Acne. "Think good about yourself and eat good food." That's right, "Think good about yourself and eat good food."

This information should help from someone who lived though acne and raised two kids that cured their acne with this same information.

My uncle was high up at the Dow Chemical Co in MI. He even wrote of book for the Dow. A very smart man. What he said about health is true. The human body is a lot like a machine. If you put the write fuel in it, it runs pretty good.

Now about Acne. I had severe acne from 12 years old to 16. With antibiotics they did leave but the antibiotics are no good for you.

I just had a bone cancer removed. I hope that isn't related to the antibiotics I had many years ago.

I promised myself at 20 that I would learn all I can about acne so by the time I have kids I will know what to do about the problem, so my kids will never have to go through what I am going through.

Looking back on my acne years it was obvious what the problem was. It was diet. No moderation and a lot of junk food. The thing about too much sugar is it makes you so you don't like the taste of the good natural foods. Everything taste too bitter compared to the refined sugar of say, ice cream or home made fudge.

After high school everyday I would come home and binge on ice cream. I'd have 3 bowl regularly every evening before dinner. How stupid was that. This was my comfort food, but not my friend. I think a lot a kids like me back then are shy. Shy kids eat strange to give them some kind of pleasure. For me it was ice cream with chocolate topping, the two worst foods for acne.

I saw a 13 year old girl in the store with her dad. She is carrying a 1/2 gal of ice cream. Hugging it with both arm wrapped around it in front of her. She says, "Daddy, can I get another carton?" The dad says, "no honey, one is enough." Actually I think one was too much. This girl had acne that looked like tomatoes all over her face. For her this ice cream was her best friend. What she needed was some real people friends instead. Wow

So it's the food that is the root cause of acne. The products you put on the outside of your skin might help but it's not the cure. A good diet is the cure. Too much oily foods is the cause. Some might say it's the emotions that cause the strange eating. I say it is sometimes. Some kids grow too fast because they drink a lot of milk with the growth hormone so the result is acne.

Milk and all milk products such as milk shakes, cheeses, yogurts, Jamba Juice, and more are the worst foods for acne After that there are the chocolate bars. They have the cocoa butter in the chocolate that caused the acne.

There are french fries that will cause acne if eaten too often. Potato chips and the dip you eat with them will cause acne. Extra butter on your food, Maybe you are into the oily food supplements that are so popular now days. Supplements like Omega 3 oil, fish oil (Vit A and D), Flak seed oil, wheat germ oil, etc. Did you know that these foods cause acne because of the oil content?

Coconut milk and coconut water are high in fat and cause acne. Too much nut meats will cause acne. You have to get good at back tracking in your mind to remember what you ate that day that preceded the day you broke out with acne.

Drink water instead of soft drinks. The caffeine and the sugar in soft drinks will cause the acne because the soft drinks stimulate the oil glands to over produce thus causing zits.

You will get a lot more calcium from vegetables over any milk product, but you will have to prepare them and eat them regularly.

Milk, cheese, and the rest are too high in acid for human consumption. Because of this it uses up more calcium from the body to buffer the acid than you will get out of the milk or cheese or what ever milk product you are consuming. That is why the testing of 80,000 nurses by the AMA discovered that the nurses that drank the most milk had the most advanced osteoporosis. America has the highest milk consumption and the most osteoporosis.

The vegetables to eat for calcium are broccoli, asparagus (99 cent only stores have it for 99 cents). Some market sell it for about the same. Baby leaf spinach and romaine lettuce had lots of vitamins and minerals and is high in calcium. Almond butter (watch the amount because it's oily) has 8% in two table spoons daily requirement, also 40% of the vitamin E daily requirement.

The highest in calcium is Sardines. They taste strong but you will get used to them over time. Calcium is important because it calms the mind and carries out many important functions in the body like building bone mass and teeth. To make sardines taste better. Put in a pan onions, let heat up, put in the sardines, chop up with spatula while cooking. Take out before you over cook it (doesn't take long). Put ketchup and mustard on it. Then top it off with saltine crackers or Ritz. You will get used to this and it's good for you. Calcium will diminish oil production on the skin. I've experienced this myself.

Tossed salad are good for you to keep the intestines clean and the veins clean. Have many vitamins and dilute oils in the stomach. You can eat some peanut butter for a test. It will stick to the roof of the mouth. Eat some peanut butter with some salad. The salad will mix with the peanut butter and there is no sticking of the peanut butter this time.

People that eat veggies have nicer looking skin every time. Two good breads to eat are Sara Lee's Whole Grain White Bread. Has 120 mg calcium in every slice plus other vitamins and minerals. Has 3% dietary fiber. This can give some people insomnia. I also buy Home Pride bread. Has zero fiber and zero calcium. I eat it for the calories and it lets me sleep better, so I have later on in the day. Start the day with Whole Grain White Bread. It works the me. Most teens might not be effected by the fiber. You will have to see for yourself.

Eat lean red meat for protein. Lean red meat is on lists for a low cholesterol diet. Fish, chicken, ham, and beans (good protein source). I like Staggs Chili with corn bread.

Don't ever starve yourself thinking you will end your acne. This will just make it worse. Your skin will not be able to heal a pimple this way. The pimple will not rise up on top of skin as a pink pimple, then just go away in 5 or 7 days. It will lay level on the skin in a dark red pool of bloody ruptured cells where it will cause a scar if it doesn't leave within 6 months I've heard. If this happens to you just start eating the bread and other calorie sources. The skin will start healing again that same week.

Don't stop eating oils just because they cause pimple. Just eat less of them. To stop all milk products will cancel out tons of oil from your diet. To rarely eat chocolate and butter. To reduce salad dressing but not quit it will reduce oils in your diet.

"Think good about yourself and eat good food". That's right, "Think good about yourself and eat good food".

Please comment on this letter after you've given it a try and let me know if it helped.

Sincerely, Stan

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/04/2014 2:10 am

Hehe, did your acne advice letter come from the 70's Stan? It certainly seems so, must be the biggest horseshyt I've ever read, no offense, have to be honest. I can't even believe that I took the time to read that and respond, I think you're obviously a troll, if not, then I pray to god that you don't ever get children and spread your idiotism around. Again, no offense, just have to be honest.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/04/2014 7:52 am

Hehe, did your acne advice letter come from the 70's Stan? It certainly seems so, must be the biggest horseshyt I've ever read, no offense, have to be honest. I can't even believe that I took the time to read that and respond, I think you're obviously a troll, if not, then I pray to god that you don't ever get children and spread your idiotism around. Again, no offense, just have to be honest.

i dont get why hes a troll ?

bad food is the root of acne

ofc there are also other things that too but mostly food

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/04/2014 8:48 am

i dont get why hes a troll ?

bad food is the root of acne

ofc there are also other things that too but mostly food

He is saying that fish oil and all oils cause acne, when it's proven even in research that fish oils reduced acne by 45% in just 10 weeks! But hey what do I care, I'm clear and that's all that matters. You can continue to struggle, enjoy.

MemberMember
(@sbbh)

Posted : 10/05/2014 9:25 pm

Athlete Man,

You talk out of ignorance. I do have two boys and I cured them both with diet. What I wrote is from my own experience so I know it works. I'm a do it yourselfer. This is why I'm successful. Haven't you ever had a fever and chose not to eat for a few days. And In this time your acne went away? I did and this experience told me that it was in what I was eating but at that young age I didn't know where to start. My parents believed so much in doctors that I just gave up and continued to go to the doctor. Big mistake.

I watched a movie once that was about a beauty pageant. One of the women woke up one day with red spots all over her face. They thought she came down with the measles. No, she had eaten-binged on chocolate the night before, that's what caused her to wake up with red spots all over.

This really happens because my second son Jeff had this exact same thing happen to him with Hershey's chocolate chunks. He binged on them. The next day it looked like he had the Measles.

Athlete Man, you need to open up your mind and understand that what you eat does affect you. The human body wasn't made to have acne. Every disease is curable if you have the experience and know- how.

When a doctor tells you that food and acne are not related he is just lying to you in order to stay in business. You must be a doctor.

Stan

MemberMember
(@sbbh)

Posted : 10/05/2014 11:15 pm

Hey Athlete Man,

Did you do the testing yourself with fish oil reducing acne by 45% in just 10 weeks? I asked that to say that the things I say in my letters are from my own testing. I actually know for sure what I'm talking about. Most companies that pay to have testing done are doing it to try to prove a point that isn't true, but they want to prove to people it is for some material gain.

Personal experiences is what you can believe most. Like the girl that wrote an article I read. She was on a vacation. To save money she lived on a simple diet of Sardines which has fish oil. I think she also ate bread or crackers. Anyway, at the end of her vacation when she got home her friends and family commented on how clear her complexion had gotten. Before she left on vacation she had a very poor complexion.

She said she had tried the fish oil by itself and found it not to work to clear up acne, but when eating the actually fish the fish oil within the sardines definitely did work. It's more complicated than to just isolate an oil or two and expect for them to do what all the nutrients of a whole fish can do in perfect balance. Better to eat the fish with the fish oil. It's not so concentrated this way.

Also, most of us eat way too much. Sometimes our bodies can't handle all that we put in it. She just ate the fish and some crackers or bread. When you have oil gushing out on your skin daily it simply means that you are putting too much oil in your body daily. More than it can handle. Don't leave your health up to the doctors. Know yourself and go for the cure yourself. Have some self confidence.

You would not believe how little some doctors know, and most of you trust your health to them.

Stan