Notifications
Clear all

Natural Vs Synthesized

MemberMember
(@lcsoap)

Posted : 10/01/2014 12:00 am

Hello Everyone,

I stumbled upon this site and was so intrigued by the postings on the forums I've read. I was wondering how many people on this forum have tried using all natural soaps (handmade soaps made with only all natural ingredients), and how many have used synthesized soaps for treating acne? When I speak of synthesized I am referring to products such as Neutrogina, Dove, Ivory, Irish Spring, Aveeno, etc... Just curious....

LCSoap

"Do one thing every day that makes you happy!"

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/03/2014 3:47 am

Hi, I am using natural soap rather than synthetic soap because it has no side effects. If you are familiar about the Manuka honey, I have been using that for quite sometimes and contented with the result. I am using the natural soap because it softens and calms my skin. Even for treating acne, I am also using natural products I found at http://bit.ly/1r5wIwZ.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/03/2014 10:09 am

Natural or synthetic, I think for a lot of us it boils down to whether or not it will clog pores. Not all natural soaps are acne-friendly...

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 11/18/2014 5:01 pm

I don't recommend soaps. They tend to leave a residue every time you use them and the build up can cause irritation.You can probably see this residue on your sink and in the shower. Instead look for a gentle, fragrance-free, water soluble cleanser. As for synthetic vs natural, natural isn't becessarily better. A lot of natural ingredients like fragrant extracts and fragrant plant oils can be irritating to the skin and do more harm than good.