Notifications
Clear all

What Are Some Tips For Completely Drying Out The Skin On My Face?

MemberMember
(@tarheel333)

Posted : 09/30/2014 8:04 pm

I know skin-care professionals will say that moisturizing your face is important, but this is not the case for me. The only time I ever get acne is in environments or situations where my face feels a little bit oily/moist. For example, when I lived in Canada over the summer, my cheeks were kind of dry and flaky and I had absolutely no acne for four months and I felt like acne marks were fading quickly then. The week I moved back to the humid southern US, WWII broke out on my face despite using Proactiv.

So really, the only thing causing my acne is having not-dry skin. What are some tips to keep the skin on my face dry, even to the point of flaking a little bit?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 09/30/2014 11:20 pm

I think there is a big difference in weather drying out your skin and trying to dry it out topically. If you use harsh drying products your going to end up with a severely oily face.

MemberMember
(@usar718)

Posted : 10/07/2014 12:27 pm

Rub alcohol, 70%.

MemberMember
(@justtfx)

Posted : 10/07/2014 8:11 pm

Do NOT use anything that isn't intended for use on your face.

To answer your question though mario badescu drying mask works well. However make sure you are using an oil free moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@usar718)

Posted : 10/08/2014 12:03 am

Do NOT use anything that isn't intended for use on your face.

To answer your question though mario badescu drying mask works well. However make sure you are using an oil free moisturizer.

Your first sentence and second one contradict one another.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 10/08/2014 5:54 am

Vitamin D. Pearl Powder. Acids (dissolve sebum.) Sulfur.

But the best? Spend a week in the desert, if you can.

MemberMember
(@usar718)

Posted : 10/08/2014 5:58 am

Vitamin D. Pearl Powder. Acids (dissolve sebum.) Sulfur.

But the best? Spend a week in the desert, if you can.

I don't think temperature and humidity level affect how much DHT your body produces.

MemberMember
(@jakitoy)

Posted : 10/08/2014 9:00 am

You can use cucumber as it is a natural treatment. One of my friend used it to make her skin most dry and she got the result within 6 months. And I am using Acne-Aid bar to dry out my skins on face.