Notifications
Clear all

Acne After Accutane, Deadline?

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 09/30/2014 11:30 am

So, first of all sorry for my poor english, i had in at the begining of 2013 bad acne and mainly depression from acne. It was worst part of my life, really insane i was crying all day and just wanted to end my life. Then i started accutane and it was life changer my whole life changed and i was finally happy and living normal, it was miracle. Now three months after accutane. 6 months i havent got single pimple. It was fantastic no depression for half year, but now on sunday i got

First two pimple , monday other one , and now other one. After 6+ months without nothing, iam freaking out now crying all day iam afraid that my nice skin will come back to worst and i will jump back to depression and suicidial thought, and i did have gf when i first had that depression now i dont, i have nothing to live for except friends, even parents cant understand my depression and they are saying iam weird i think this is the end. Or second course of accutane? But will it ever cure me? Or this was just some breakout due to something and it wont worsen? I dont know now. Wish me luck ... And thanks for advice

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 09/30/2014 1:07 pm

So, first of all sorry for my poor english, i had in at the begining of 2013 bad acne and mainly depression from acne. It was worst part of my life, really insane i was crying all day and just wanted to end my life. Then i started accutane and it was life changer my whole life changed and i was finally happy and living normal, it was miracle. Now three months after accutane. 6 months i havent got single pimple. It was fantastic no depression for half year, but now on sunday i got

First two pimple , monday other one , and now other one. After 6+ months without nothing, iam freaking out now crying all day iam afraid that my nice skin will come back to worst and i will jump back to depression and suicidial thought, and i did have gf when i first had that depression now i dont, i have nothing to live for except friends, even parents cant understand my depression and they are saying iam weird i think this is the end. Or second course of accutane? But will it ever cure me? Or this was just some breakout due to something and it wont worsen? I dont know now. Wish me luck ... And thanks for advice

Hello rolileisztner. I can understand your stress with having clear skin and suddenly getting new breakouts. My advice to you would be to stop stressing. Stress is a big factor in breakouts, so take a deep breath and calm down.

Now that you're off Accutane, do you still keep a healthy diet? Do you wash your face regularly to maintain oil buildup? What are you putting on your current breakout? Do you ever touch your face throughout the day, even accidentally? Do you drink a lot of water?

These can all play a part in preventing acne.

Also, if it does end up getting to the point where you think you want to try Accutane again, and it worked for you in the past, go for it.

I don't have very much experience with Accutane, so I can't offer any help beyond that, but I'm sure plenty of other users here can help you out.

Don't let your acne get to you. I promise it's not the end of the world. You have to stay strong to get through it. It'll be worth it.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 09/30/2014 1:44 pm

I just wash morning and evening my face and use moisturizer, i got braces and then smal whiteheads start but its not connected i think. But i dont know . That my skin now on the photo iam now posting, iam clear and confident, happy. If this face will cover acne again i will be unhappy and broken again :/..

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 10/22/2014 7:21 am

its getting worse.. iam thinkinhg avout low dose accutane 20 mg a day and after time 40mg once a week for many months to prolong my life without acne :(

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/22/2014 9:45 am

Stop this nonsense. You got MILD acne. You don't need accutane. I told you not to take it when you first did.

Just use a simple cleanser + AHA+ 3 times a week before you go to bed or in the shower before bed. Your acne will be gone.

Sleep on your back (not letting the face touch the pillow) and don't touch your face.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 10/23/2014 3:23 pm

Hi -

your concerns are totally valid, but I wouldn't go into a spiral of despair just yet. I would start slow, try using a topical first. There is some evidence to suggest that topical's actually seem to work better for people after they have taken a course of accutane, possibly because of the changes accutane makes to your skin. It's totally normal to have a pimple every once in a while, even after accutane, so try to keep your expectations within a normal range.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/24/2014 9:56 am

Hi -

your concerns are totally valid, but I wouldn't go into a spiral of despair just yet. I would start slow, try using a topical first. There is some evidence to suggest that topical's actually seem to work better for people after they have taken a course of accutane, possibly because of the changes accutane makes to your skin. It's totally normal to have a pimple every once in a while, even after accutane, so try to keep your expectations within a normal range.

Not to bash anyone, but if you look at OP's previous posts (maybe you have to search for them), you will notice that he get suicidal after only a couple of zits. No one in the world cares if he have just a few. I literally mean no one. Except himself.

I would celebrate for a long, long time, if I had his skin.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 10/24/2014 1:53 pm

Hi -

Not to bash anyone, but if you look at OP's previous posts (maybe you have to search for them), you will notice that he get suicidal after only a couple of zits. No one in the world cares if he have just a few. I literally mean no one. Except himself.

I would celebrate for a long, long time, if I had his skin.

I kind of went back in forth whether I should respond to this, because this is OP's post asking for support not a lecture podium, but I decided it was important because I think my response addresses a crucial "cultural" aspect to the acne.org forums. That is to say that acne is acne, whether it's clinically severe or mild is not what's important (unless it is a topic that directly addresses clinical severity). In comparison to other forums I have been to, Acne. org as a community prides itself on supporting and helping people that have acne of any type and / or clinical severity. It isn't for me to judge any OP's perceptions about his / her acne (even if it's "not that bad" from my perspective) unless they specifically ask for an opinion on severity. I think maybe you are trying to be supportive of the OP by saying his acne is mild and he shouldn't worry about it, but the thing is - that's not what he asked for. He asked if anyone had advice about breakouts post-accutane.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/24/2014 2:04 pm

I kind of went back in forth whether I should respond to this, because this is OP's post asking for support not a lecture podium, but I decided it was important because I think my response addresses a crucial "cultural" aspect to the acne.org forums. That is to say that acne is acne, whether it's clinically severe or mild is not what's important (unless it is a topic that directly addresses clinical severity). Acne. org as a community (in comparison to other forums I've been to) that prides itself on supporting and helping people that have acne of any type and / or clinical severity. It isn't for me to judge any OP's perceptions about his / her acne (even if it's "not that bad" from my perspective). I think maybe you are trying to be supportive of the OP by saying his acne is mild and he shouldn't worry about it, but the thing is - that's not what he asked for. He asked if anyone had advice about breakouts post-accutane.

If that was all he wanted, why did he type all the other text? He could simply ask and not include his personal life. The fact of the matter is, this guy is asking for advice, and taking harder drugs than he should. Why? Because he has a distorted image of what his acne looks like to other people.

He should be taking light stuff, not messing around with Accutane, which can give him something to actually be depressed about. I don't think it's right letting him give himself permanent, life changing damage for a few zits that no one cares about.

If no one is treating him differently and he is not suffering physically, then his acne isn't really a problem worth nearly the attention he is giving it.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/24/2014 6:50 pm

Btw, after looking at your pictures again, I'm sure if you just take zinc supplement alone it will fix it.

Also, your acne will go away when you get a few years older. I recognize it.