Notifications
Clear all

Have To Stop Accutane For 1 Month ....will Acne Return ?

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 09/29/2014 1:29 pm

hi guys ....im 20 years old guy ....i been on accutane for 4 months now .....2 months on 10 mg ...2 months on 20 mg ...but today i had high test result ...ALAT and ASAT were so high (180 where they suppose to be 40)....and my doctor said i have to stop taking it for 1 month ...then re do my tests .....i was wondering will this mean ...my acne will return in that time ....please help ...im freaking out and going trough sh*t already

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/29/2014 1:45 pm

Yes, it will return with 100% certainty.

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 09/29/2014 2:06 pm

It might. Don't stress about it. Seriously. Stress causes breakouts alone.

But your acne may not even return, and if it does, it may not even be that severe. So don't stress about something that may not even happen!

LuvLee liked
MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 09/29/2014 5:40 pm

oh thanks man....that eased my concerns :(

It might. Don't stress about it. Seriously. Stress causes breakouts alone.

But your acne may not even return, and if it does, it may not even be that severe. So don't stress about something that may not even happen!

i know but i hate for my progress to go like that ..... do u have an i dea how long can i go withount this drug and not loose any progress

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/29/2014 11:55 pm

oh thanks man....that eased my concerns

>It might. Don't stress about it. Seriously. Stress causes breakouts alone.

i know but i hate for my progress to go like that ..... do u have an i dea how long can i go withount this drug and not loose any progress

Haha, it seems that people in here wanna believe in fairy tails, they don't want to face the reality.. I could tell you fairy tails like paigers here but IMHO the truth helps people more..

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 09/30/2014 12:21 am

Haha, it seems that people in here wanna believe in fairy tails, they don't want to face the reality.. I could tell you fairy tails like paigers here but IMHO the truth helps people more..

Lol, it's not 100% certain his acne will return. Many people have quit Accutane early and had their acne not come back or only come back mildly. Some people have had their acne return. Who's to say? I'm not saying it's guaranteed he will have clear skin, but it's definitely not 100% he will get all his acne back. Neither of us know his body or his skin, so don't make such large assumptions.

The best thing you can do, fouzi94, is to not stress about something you aren't sure about. If it does return, you now know Accutane works for you, so there's always that. (:

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/30/2014 12:46 am

Lol, it's not 100% certain his acne will return. Many people have quit Accutane early and had their acne not come back or only come back mildly. Some people have had their acne return. Who's to say? I'm not saying it's guaranteed he will have clear skin, but it's definitely not 100% he will get all his acne back. Neither of us know his body or his skin, so don't make such large assumptions.

The best thing you can do, fouzi94, is to not stress about something you aren't sure about. If it does return, you now know Accutane works for you, so there's always that. (:

Ha ha, I have taken a couple rounds of accutane and my acne was gone always after two weeks from starting new round and always came back after two weeks of stopping taking it. It's been over ten years since and now i'm 99% clear all the time and not thanks to accutane. I have found a natural cure for acne, too bad that I still have all the accutane side effects even after ten years accutane free life.. So yeah, the most likely scenarion is that after your accutane round your acne will return and you are left with acne AND the side effects from accutane. Remember what I said when this happens to you and regret..

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 09/30/2014 12:17 pm

well in any case ....i may as well enjoy my clear skin while i can .....let thoes problems for ''the future Me'' ....man i dont envy that guy LOL

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/30/2014 12:21 pm

well in any case ....i may as well enjoy my clear skin while i can .....let thoes problems for ''the future Me'' ....man i dont envy that guy LOL

Haha, you're just like me when I was young, I didn't care what side effects I would get, just wanted clear skin today.. I guess you have to live your own mistakes to really understand.

MemberMember
(@sirluminary)

Posted : 09/30/2014 1:04 pm

If you're clear just after one month of Accutane use, hop on The Regimen and upkeep your clear skin with topicals. I was in the same boat as you 3 months ago. Took my second round of Accutane for just 1.5 months and had to stop due to severe side-effects, so I've just been doing The Regimen and I'm now 100% clear, and now I wish I never even took Accutane.

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/30/2014 1:22 pm

If you're clear just after one month of Accutane use, hop on The Regimen and upkeep your clear skin with topicals. I was in the same boat as you 3 months ago. Took my second round of Accutane for just 1.5 months and had to stop due to severe side-effects, so I've just been doing The Regimen and I'm now 100% clear, and now I wish I never even took Accutane.

Hey man, it's useless to tell someone young that, he has to learn it by the hard way. It's never ending cycle. I remember my mom telling me that accutane is a serious drug and you shouldn't use it and I was like "fugg off, I want clear skin right now!". Haha, the memories..

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 09/30/2014 6:16 pm

well i dont really have severe side effet man ....i dont regret taking this drug .....becuz it was my choice ....so fu*k it .....i'll deal with it ....just out of curiosity ...what was the side effet that stuck with you

MemberMember
(@sirluminary)

Posted : 10/04/2014 4:41 pm

well i dont really have severe side effet man ....i dont regret taking this drug .....becuz it was my choice ....so fu*k it .....i'll deal with it ....just out of curiosity ...what was the side effet that stuck with you

I've been feeling a discomfort in my lower rectal area. Feels slightly inflamed and very uncomfortable when I sit or walk for an extended period of time... thanks to this "miracle" drug. I can't wait for it to go away, because it's driving me crazy.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/06/2014 7:37 pm

thanks for sharing man ....this drug is serious ....nd could be dangerous

it been a week since i stopped ....i had very small spot that were gone very fast ...like a day or two ...im really scarred to get back on it after 3 weeks ...im pretty sure im gonna tell my doctor to give me another treatment ...i only tried topical so far and they only work on existing acne ...what do u guys think i should do

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 10/06/2014 11:24 pm

Scared to get BACK on it?

In my experience the acne kept at bay for a good six months. Was your problem high cholesterol? Better to take a drug for that than get off Accutane, but I would consider an antibiotic.

I hope you are free of acne after all this, though.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/07/2014 9:18 am

Scared to get BACK on it?

In my experience the acne kept at bay for a good six months. Was your problem high cholesterol? Better to take a drug for that than get off Accutane, but I would consider an antibiotic.

I hope you are free of acne after all this, though.

yeah actually i am

im scared of starting to loose hair since i had some hair loss in my facial hair ...from dryness i guess ....i already took antibiotics couple years a go but i missed doses and didnt finish my course ...i was lazy lol

a clear face doesn worth loosing my hair ....its what i love the most ....so maybe ill try antibiotics or something ...to stay clear ...what do u guys think ?

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 10/19/2014 4:13 am

This is what I can tell you:

I have been on Monocycline (called Doxycycline/Doryx) for a year and have yeast infections that are causing allergic reactions to it. I suspect I have leaky gut. Can't take a multivitamin without breaking out. I am female, though, and have always struggled with hormonal issues, so maybe its me and you won't have that problem.

There are things you can take to deal with hair loss while on Accutane, shampoos you can use. Google it.

Antibiotics are great, but what you need to hope is that the acne is just dead, period. wish now I had gone on Cefadroxil instead of Doxy, if you still go that route. Google "candida" or "side effects of long time antibiotic use" (fungus and overgrowth of yeast due to "good bacteria" dying with bad. I have pretty crappy hair right now with antibiotics/itchy scalp.

Some people balance low doses of acne antibiotics with probiotics. I wouldn't worry about that for a while, just telling you my longer term experience as someone still battling acne in their 20s and now in a place where I regret taking the antibiotics I did because my gut can't handle the side effects.

You need to ask your prescribing derm about long term side effects of antibiotics. Other options are Solodyn (made me feel sleepy and nauseous all the time, but might have lower risk of candida), Bactrim, etc.

I hope for your sake you can just be off medication.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 10/30/2014 6:57 pm

i; just looking for a way to stay clear ,,,besides good diet ,

MemberMember
(@just-like-you)

Posted : 11/01/2014 7:24 am

I've been user the regimen prior to roaccutane and think i'll use it as top up if i relapse (hope not!). My derm warned me about the side effects and things like blood test levels, said if my cholesterol levels go high he would first reduce the dose and see, but im guessing it depends how high I go lol

I dont think anyone should rush into taking accutane without understanding these issues. But i was desperate too so cant talk lol

good diet...really? i thought diet is irrelevant if your on tane. All those people with rubbish junk food diets and clear skin. The whole point im risking so much with tane is to lead a normal life, not having to worry about diets and regimens every minute of the day.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/02/2014 10:17 am

I've been user the regimen prior to roaccutane and think i'll use it as top up if i relapse (hope not!). My derm warned me about the side effects and things like blood test levels, said if my cholesterol levels go high he would first reduce the dose and see, but im guessing it depends how high I go lol

I dont think anyone should rush into taking accutane without understanding these issues. But i was desperate too so cant talk lol

good diet...really? i thought diet is irrelevant if your on tane. All those people with rubbish junk food diets and clear skin. The whole point im risking so much with tane is to lead a normal life, not having to worry about diets and regimens every minute of the day.

yeah diet doesnt do much if ur on accutane ...i think ....but i stopped accutane half way ...so if the studies are right ....my acne should come back ...thats why im looking for a way to stay clear ....my diest is better now and i wash my face with acne soap and dont touch face and what not ....im just looking for other ways to keep the acne away