Notifications
Clear all

Finally Took The Step...

MemberMember
(@missc1990)

Posted : 09/29/2014 8:20 am

Hey guys,

So I finally got enough courage to ditch the pill (mercilon)!! Such a relief.. I have a copper IUD inserted at the moment to prevent pregnancy. At first (first 3/4 weeks) my skin went really well. It was even better than when I used the pill, but now I notice I start breaking out more... Its been 6 weeks since I stopped taking BCP. I have a past with pcos. Are there any tips to naturally balance hormones? I live a pretty decent lifestyle, with enough essential fatty acids, vitamines, and stuff. II never eat added sugar (no sweets, pie, other junk and not too much carbs). I don't think take any supplements at the moment. I have no other health complaines besides my still abscent period and some mild acne.

thanks!!!

MemberMember
(@hamdinger)

Posted : 09/29/2014 9:38 pm

Hey,

I take this supplement for a ton of PMS symptoms and irregular periods and it really helps: [Removed]

Lots of people take the main ingredient, chaste tree berry or vitex, to get their ovulation/periods going. Check it out!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/30/2014 5:16 pm

Hey guys,

So I finally got enough courage to ditch the pill (mercilon)!! Such a relief.. I have a copper IUD inserted at the moment to prevent pregnancy. At first (first 3/4 weeks) my skin went really well. It was even better than when I used the pill, but now I notice I start breaking out more... Its been 6 weeks since I stopped taking BCP. I have a past with pcos. Are there any tips to naturally balance hormones? I live a pretty decent lifestyle, with enough essential fatty acids, vitamines, and stuff. II never eat added sugar (no sweets, pie, other junk and not too much carbs). I don't think take any supplements at the moment. I have no other health complaines besides my still abscent period and some mild acne.

thanks!!!

From what I've seen, for the majority of people with acne, these two steps help the most:

1) Reducing testosterone and increasing estrogen

2) Reducing elevated blood sugar

"Natural" ways to do the first are saw palmetto or stinging nettle standardized extract supplements. For the second, use curcumin or berberine.

Going the natural route for #1 will probably take a lot longer, just so you know. I cleared up after 8 months on spironolactone, a prescription med that is a lot more powerful than saw palmetto. Your acne probably isn't as bad or chronic as mine, but just keep in mind that patience is key here.

missC1990 liked
MemberMember
(@missc1990)

Posted : 10/01/2014 10:09 am

On 9/30/2014 at 8:38 AM, hamdinger said:

Hey,

I take this supplement for a ton of PMS symptoms and irregular periods and it really helps: [Removed]

Lots of people take the main ingredient, chaste tree berry or vitex, to get their ovulation/periods going. Check it out!

Hey thanks a lot for responding! I heard about vitex many times before... little scared to take it though, since it does mess with your hormones. I think I'll wait until my next ultrasound (next friday to see of my IUD still is in the right place) and then I also let her check my ovaries to see of they are free from any cysts. If not, I will start some supllements. I'm mostly considering NPC... that seems to me the most fitting thing to help my periods get back on track.

On 10/1/2014 at 4:16 AM, Green Gables said:
On 9/29/2014 at 7:20 PM, missC1990 said:

Hey guys,

thanks!!!

From what I've seen, for the majority of people with acne, these two steps help the most:

1) Reducing testosterone and increasing estrogen

2) Reducing elevated blood sugar

"Natural" ways to do the first are saw palmetto or stinging nettle standardized extract supplements. For the second, use curcumin or berberine.

Going the natural route for #1 will probably take a lot longer, just so you know. I cleared up after 8 months on spironolactone, a prescription med that is a lot more powerful than saw palmetto. Your acne probably isn't as bad or chronic as mine, but just keep in mind that patience is key here.

Hey green,

Thanks for your post and also for your personal email you sent me last July! Very helpful and kind. I really don't wanna take anything anymore with synthetic hormones, because I feel like those med's caused me my more ''severe'' acne problem. I still believe diane 35 started all this... despite what any doctor says. Spiro would only be if my face went bad shit out of control. That's not (yet) the case. Hopefully it won't happen. With some make up on it's hard to tell there's even acne, but it's still bad compared to the skin of all my girlfriends!

I think I will wait for my ultrasound next week to see if my ovaries are free from cysts.. hopefully!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2014 7:01 pm

Just so you know.

Spironolactone does not contain hormones, it blocks androgens and promotes the estrogen pathway. But it is synthetic.

Saw palmetto extract is just a plant that blocks part of the androgen pathway when eaten.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/07/2014 2:30 pm

Hey missC,

Good luck! I already gave some advice a few months ago regarding diet and supplements....also try to keep your stress levels low and enjoy life whenever possible!

missC1990 liked
MemberMember
(@missc1990)

Posted : 10/13/2014 8:06 am

Hey missC,

Good luck! I already gave some advice a few months ago regarding diet and supplements....also try to keep your stress levels low and enjoy life whenever possible!

Hey! Yes you did! How are things working out for you atm? Skin still doing good? Mine still is... just need to have some patience for my first period... My face looks still the same as it did when I was on the pill; mild acne I would say. Last friday I had an ultrasound for my copper IUD. The gyn couldn't see any cysts on my right ovary, but she couldn't see the left one. My blase was covering it, lol! I think that's good news right?

Still being in doubt of using NPC. I'm afraid it will make things worse, but it's so hard for me to have patience. Also thinking about trying DIM... but those two supplements would be a complete reach in the dark, since I have no idea at which stage my hormones are.

Should I wait?