Notifications
Clear all

Updated Pics

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 09/28/2014 8:09 pm

so i'm about 6 months out from my 4th 25% tca peel ...and a year out from dermarolling my skin prolly 10 times ...i have been working alot so i haven't had time to do anymore treatments just use vit e lotion and sunscreen everyday ...my skin has tightened up alot lately i think its still healing and the exposure to the sun i am in daily ...i have red where the sun is actually good for your skin...i did about 4 peels within a year and my consultant mr matt said it would heal even more over time ...i have some low places i would like to get filled in ...anyway here is a pic from before my 1treatment and new ones

old

rightcheek.jpg
front.jpg

lus4279 liked
MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/28/2014 11:05 pm

subcision method looks like it would work for you

have you tried it ?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 09/29/2014 8:40 pm

nope but i will one of these days

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 09/29/2014 9:57 pm

have u tried any lasers yet?I'm thinking fraxel repair may help or fat graft

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 09/30/2014 7:53 pm

no...maybe fat grafts...i have indentions lasers wouldn't do anything

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 10/01/2014 9:36 am

Did you do a full face peel? Or just spot treat? I've heard promising things about interspersing rolling with peels...

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/01/2014 7:56 pm

yeah i did 4 stage peels really scorched my skin

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/04/2014 8:24 am

Hi Rob,i would not recommend subcision bc it made my scars worse years after having sub done.I still believe dermaroller is the way forward to improve acne scars once every 6 to 8 weeks apart.Try Obagi blender No 5 mixed with Retin A 0.5% cream after dermarolling to improve you scars and don't bother to buy the full Obagi regime.If you want to lighten your skin slightly then try the blender with Retin A 0.025% gel.

Leave Laser alone it does not go deep enough to improve your scars.You can only take 1/2 mm of skin of your face in anyone treatment, otherwise it may scar you.

Fat Graft did not help me.The Dr told me you loose 40% of the fat once you inject it into your face.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 10/05/2014 2:12 am

How did subcision make it worse? Do you mean the scars resurfaced years later?

Hi Rob,i would not recommend subcision bc it made my scars worse years after having sub done.I still believe dermaroller is the way forward to improve acne scars once every 6 to 8 weeks apart.Try Obagi blender No 5 mixed with Retin A 0.5% cream after dermarolling to improve you scars and don't bother to buy the full Obagi regime.If you want to lighten your skin slightly then try the blender with Retin A 0.025% gel.

Leave Laser alone it does not go deep enough to improve your scars.You can only take 1/2 mm of skin of your face in anyone treatment, otherwise it may scar you.

Fat Graft did not help me.The Dr told me you loose 40% of the fat once you inject it into your face.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/05/2014 7:48 am

Yes

How did subcision make it worse? Do you mean the scars resurfaced years later?

Yes.It seems the entry area of the Nokor needle as sunken in over time and left rolling scars close to my cheek bones.Dr Chu did a few entry points close together,just below the cheek bones which as left me with a big area of rolling scars.I am also finding new scars appearing at every entry point where the Nokor needle was inserted.

I believe that once the skin is injured then the chances of it scarring would out way the chances of it not scarring.I would never have subcision done again bc the Nokor needle is too large (18g) to not leave a scar behind at the incision area.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@stayinghopefull)

Posted : 10/08/2014 5:28 pm

Wow that's incredible. Congrats on all the progress. How would you time the TCA peels and the rolling?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/08/2014 6:33 pm

just because it didnt work for you , doesnt mean it wont work for him because theres alot of case that achieved good results and same thing for lasers ofc it takes more then 1 treatment of laser and time

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/09/2014 5:43 am

just because it didnt work for you , doesnt mean it wont work for him because theres alot of case that achieved good results and same thing for lasers ofc it takes more then 1 treatment of laser and time

I never said it would not work for Rob,I only advised him of my experience with subcision.I Know different treatment can work for one person and not the other,we are all unique.

As for the Laser,i had Co2 Laser done back in 2001 and i doubt if this Laser would give you good results.Maybe if you have alot of money and time (years, which i don't) you probably could get good results with this laser.

I have no experience with the more advanced Lasers of today.

MemberMember
(@noobischernoob)

Posted : 12/23/2014 2:49 pm

Amazing improvement that really gives hope! Thanks a lot for sharing your journey in such a detailed fashion.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/23/2014 7:27 pm

how was your acne before it got well?