Notifications
Clear all

No Carbs For Acne ?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/27/2014 8:27 pm

so what can i replace white rice with since im asian and thats like everyday thing i eat ?

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/27/2014 11:04 pm

Why should you avoid carbs? Because of the high glycemic thing? That's horseshyt, I'm a bodybuilder and eat high glycemic carbs and all kinds of carbs 500 grams every single day, no effect on acne. I have been on a low carb diet, just ate vegetables for carbs and no effect on acne. The only thing that has truly changed my skin to perfection is eating 3 grams of omega-3 EPA and DHA and lot's of linoleic acid and GLA every single day. And it's vital to keep your oleic acid intake as low as you possibly can! I have only two little pimples right now and it's getting better and better. My face looks smooth as a new born babys. The only thing I do for my skin topically is wash with acne.org cleanser gently every morning and night, I don't even moisturize, and you shouldn't either, the good omega-6 linoleic acid and GLA will take care for your skin INTERNALLY, no need to slap anything on your skin, just wash and go, easy.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/28/2014 11:47 am

Why should you avoid carbs? Because of the high glycemic thing? That's horseshyt, I'm a bodybuilder and eat high glycemic carbs and all kinds of carbs 500 grams every single day, no effect on acne. I have been on a low carb diet, just ate vegetables for carbs and no effect on acne. The only thing that has truly changed my skin to perfection is eating 3 grams of omega-3 EPA and DHA and lot's of linoleic acid and GLA every single day. And it's vital to keep your oleic acid intake as low as you possibly can! I have only two little pimples right now and it's getting better and better. My face looks smooth as a new born babys. The only thing I do for my skin topically is wash with acne.org cleanser gently every morning and night, I don't even moisturize, and you shouldn't either, the good omega-6 linoleic acid and GLA will take care for your skin INTERNALLY, no need to slap anything on your skin, just wash and go, easy.

isnt gla omega 6 ? i heard you should keep omega 6 and 9 low and just intake on omega 3s but i cook with organic coconut oil which is filled with good omega 6 i believe

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/28/2014 12:00 pm

isnt gla omega 6 ? i heard you should keep omega 6 and 9 low and just intake on omega 3s but i cook with organic coconut oil which is filled with good omega 6 i believe

Yes, I always thought too that you should avoid omega-6 but that means just all those bad hydrogenated oils, not good oils like cold pressed grapeseed oil. It seems that my body was deficient in good omega-6 fats and that caused all the skin problems. Omega-3's don't affect skins well being that much, it's the omega-6 fats that take care of your normal skin functioning. Coconut oil is not a good omega-6 source. Evening primrose oil and grapeseed oil are great choices to get good omega-6 fats. And yes GLA is omega-6 fat, linoleic acid is converted into GLA, but in some people the conversion is not so good so it's a good idea to take evening primrose oil because it has GLA in it. GLA (400mg per day) has also been proven to reduce inflammatory acne by 50% in just 10 weeks!

ANd one final note, GLA must be taken with high EPA fish oil, or else GLA might actually cause inflammation. EPA blocks the pathway that may cause iflammation.

gla_metabolism.jpgIf you take EPA with GLA it blocks it turning into Arachidonic acid which causes inflammation.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/28/2014 3:40 pm

i mean you eat about 500g of carbs a day ? dam dude thats alot of inflammation too and it also affects the insulin , hormones o.o

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/28/2014 11:02 pm

i mean you eat about 500g of carbs a day ? dam dude thats alot of inflammation too and it also affects the insulin , hormones o.o

You need carbs to get big.. And no, it hasn't caused me more oil production or acne, not even 1% more.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/28/2014 11:02 pm

Carbs don't affect acne.

when i eat alot of it , it does and i think for most people too maybe

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/29/2014 2:01 am

Carbs don't affect acne.

As I'm writing this I drink my post-workout shake, 60 grams of protein from whey and 150 grams of liquid high glycemic carbs and no acne babyyy! I guess supermens don't get acne then?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/29/2014 11:05 am

Carbs don't affect acne.

As I'm writing this I drink my post-workout shake, 60 grams of protein from whey and 150 grams of liquid high glycemic carbs and no acne babyyy! I guess supermens don't get acne then?

i always wanted to workout like hardcore but whey protein cause hormonal acne for me and high carb cause cheek acne for me so that sucks

hate my genes lol

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/07/2014 2:27 pm

No need to avoid all carbs. Personally, I think if you are going to have some carbs to fill up, you might as well have rice instead of other grains. Everything in moderation of course.