Notifications
Clear all

Sexual Dysfunction And Acne, Is There A Link?

MemberMember
(@dubya_b)

Posted : 09/27/2014 2:35 pm

Hello all.

There are an inordinate number of posters (1/4 - 1/3) in the main "Accutane Side-Effects" thread on acne.org who are suffering from mild to severe sexual symptoms, even though no sexual side-effects are listed in the drug information.

This has also been discussed elsewhere on acne.org over the years:

The only apparent links among people who developed erectile dysfunction or other sexual or reproductive symptoms while taking Accutane are that we all obviously took Accutane, and we all had or have acne.

So, the question is, has anyone who DID NOT take Accutane noticed a correlation between their acne first appearing or worsening, and the development of genital numbness, erectile dysfunction, or loss of sex drive?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/27/2014 9:18 pm

i hv no idea wht ur talking abt y would i notice correlation between smth like tht? y r there sexual side-effects??? of wht?? nd wht r severe sexual symptoms?? r u becomeing severely sexy suddenly? (afterall..)

well i guess severe sexual symptom for u could b loosing ur shet acne?? so in a way ur right tho!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 09/28/2014 12:48 am

Some people have reported about it. Zinc and colustrum/kefir might help. Low dose accutane can lower the side effects.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/28/2014 3:03 am

help for wht? :/

MemberMember
(@dubya_b)

Posted : 09/28/2014 9:58 am

i hv no idea wht ur talking abt y would i notice correlation between smth like tht? y r there sexual side-effects??? of wht?? nd wht r severe sexual symptoms?? r u becomeing severely sexy suddenly? (afterall..)

well i guess severe sexual symptom for u could b loosing ur shet acne?? so in a way ur right tho!

I'm talking about problems achieving an erection or losing one's sex drive when taking Accutane or after.

The question is, do these types of problems happen relatively often in young people with acne who didn't take Accutane?

Some people have reported about it. Zinc and colustrum/kefir might help. Low dose accutane can lower the side effects.

Really!? Could you refer to any of these reports of people with acne having sexual dysfunction?

It would be much appreciated.

Taking low-dose Accutane would nullify this argument. There are people who said they have developed sexual side effects on doses as low as 20mg daily.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/28/2014 3:00 pm

I'm talking about problems achieving an erection or losing one's sex drive when taking Accutane or after.

The question is, does these types of problems happen relatively often in young people with acne who didn't take Accutane?

lmao wtf mayb u should like search meds for not being able to pee every minute of ur life either xPP

hey mate castrate urself nd u will get rid of this dysfunction man?

MemberMember
(@dubya_b)

Posted : 09/28/2014 7:34 pm

lmao wtf mayb u should like search meds for not being able to pee every minute of ur life either xPP

You're starting to understand. Accutane seems to have chemically castrated some unlucky small percentage who used it.

Having some type of pre-disposition to sexual dysfunction that is involved with having acne is the only other explanation if it is not Accutane that caused these symptoms.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/28/2014 7:41 pm

You're starting to understand. Accutane seems to have chemically castrated some unlucky small percentage who used it.

Having some type of pre-disposition to sexual dysfunction that is involved with having acne is the only other explanation if it is not Accutane that caused these symptoms.

like eat more more more of accutane then

MemberMember
(@dubya_b)

Posted : 09/30/2014 4:19 pm

Many of us think it is because we took Accutane, but I figured it was worth asking if anyone else with acne had reproductive or sexual symptoms.