Red Skin After 6 We...

Notifications
Clear all

Red Skin After 6 Weeks With The Regimen

MemberMember
(@matiastorresz)

Posted : 09/24/2014 2:26 pm

Hi... i'm currently in the week six doing the regimen. Week 4 and week 5 my skin was very dry and with a lot of flakiness, now my skin isn't so dry and flaky anymore but, sometimes it is red and sometimes it is normal, i don't know why, yesterday my skin was OK and now it is red again, especially my chin and cheeks, it can be because of the sun? I dont usually wear sunblock because i usually don't have so much exposure in the sun. Somebody have the same issue? Please answer!

P.S: I'm using 2 pumps of BP as the regimen follow says.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 09/30/2014 7:15 pm

Yes, benzoyl peroxide may make you more sun sensitive. Try using a sunscreen each day and see if that helps. Also, I've found jojoba oil to be very soothing to irritated red skin. Try adding some extra jojoba oil drops to your moisturizer when you apply it.

Here are Dan's spf tips. http://www.acne.org/spf.html

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 10/01/2014 1:40 pm

You can stop doing the regimen for one or two days and then start using less benzoyl peroxide once a day.

MemberMember
(@matiastorresz)

Posted : 10/02/2014 6:54 pm

@brandy Thanks for answer, now i bought the Avene Cleanance 30 SPF sunscreen, i'm little afraid of use it because it says "water resistant" and Dan says those who are water resistant are more irritant but it is for acne prone skin and sensitive skin so im gonna try. One more thing, can the redness of my skin be because the way i sleep? these days i didn't take care of it... the funny thing is that since i started the regimen my skin never were so red like it is now