Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AKL737

23, Female, Mild/moderate Acne-40Mg Accutane

Hello everyone,

I am a 23 years old and looking back, I never thought my acne would ever be classified as "severe" enough to go on Accutane. I have struggled with breakouts since I was 12, starting on the area beside my nose, eventually migrating up to my forehead and then most recently, (within the last 6 months) my chin. I feel like I have exhausted most available topical's from the dermatologist/doctor to little to no avail. I have also dabbled in several holistic options from implementing a drastic change in diet (no dairy, soy, gluten, sugar) to intense supplementation (Zinc, Fermented Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Probiotics, Vitamin C, Woman's Multi-vitamin, Liver Cleansing pills) to Candida cleansing to natural external skincare options (Manuka Honey, Baking Soda, Lemon, ACV, Grapeseed Oil,Argan Oil, Oatmeal). Not to mention, of course, my first over-the-counter choices as a young adult...basically every Clean and Clear, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Clearasil, ProActiv product catered towards troublesome skin. Nothing has worked to prevent my acne in the pas 11 years.

Needless to say, I am completely tired of Acne ruining my life! I start 40mg of Accutane on September 28. I have researched this drug for several months now and I would like to say that although I am terrified of the side effects, I have very high hopes that this will work. I will update as I go along. If anyone has any relevant advice in support of my journey such as useful skincare/haircare products to use while on this medication, please feel free to share!

Edited by AKL737

Your situation sounds extremely similar to mine. I feel like I could have written this post! I'll be looking forward to updates! I have yet to take the Accutane plunge, so it'll be nice to follow along with your journey. My new dermatologist suggested that I really give it some thought, but I'm still in the process of working my way through topicals. If I may ask, what is your weight and proposed dosage plan? Will you be taking 40 mg a day for 6 months? How is your course going thus far? Have you had an initial break out? Thank you for sharing your journey! Please update as often as you can!