Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icutoo23

Acne. Should I Go On Accutane?

I'm 19 yrs old and I've had acne for 4 years now. My acne is not severe . First I had small pimples on my forehead I took an antibiotic called tolexine and it cleared it up. Recently I started getting acne on my cheeks and on the sides of my chin. I have like 3 pimples on my cheeks but little bumps and scars everywhere. basically i can't go out without makeup. I am so good at doing my makeup that people compliment me on my skin and ask me how my skin is so perfect when in reality I have acne. I am just sick of spending hours getting my makeup done every morning and not being able to go swimming or anything. Now I am wondering if I should go on accutane to clear up my skin once and for all. I am scared of the initial breakout and that I won't be able to hide it with foundation the way I do right now. But at the same time I can't even hang out with my family without putting on makeup. I know it's pretty superficial of me but I feel gross because of acne. Help!

No! Absolutely not. Can be some terrible side effects (search the forums here) and should only be used in extreme cases. I use a vitamin supplement for acne and it does wonders for my skin.

Have you cleaned up your diet, cut out dairy, tried a probiotic yet? Lots of things that you can try and can have a very positive effect.