Notifications
Clear all

Pih >2 Years

MemberMember
(@blackjaqk)

Posted : 09/15/2014 12:42 am

Hi guys,

I'm 15, and I started getting acne 2 years ago.

I have brown PIH on my left cheek that has not faded for nearly 3 years now.

When I first got acne, I went on Proactiv, not knowing better. I used BP very intensively, applying it many times a day. I didn't know that it could irritate skin so much. It also didn't help that I would pick and pop pimples a lot. I didn't know better either.

Eventually, I got the PIH and I started using sulfur and hydroquinone, both from Proactiv. It helped a little, but now it has no effect.

I started using lemon juice and milk, and it doesn't show much signs of fading. I also used pearl powder, which I read might help. It helped a little.

Do you guys have any tips or help?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 09/16/2014 2:18 pm

Hyperpigmentation can last a long time but there are a few things that can help.

Exfoliation can help shed the skin and reveal the newer skin underneath. I prefer to do it chemically via a chmical exfolaint like Glycolic acid (Sk:n do a nice one). I masssage it in. You could also do it manually with a facial scrub but i find that i end up scrubbing too hard in a bid to try and get rid of the marks and end up irritating my skin.If you use a scrub remember to be gentle.

Using suncream is a must as it prevents the marks from getting darker.

You could use a whitening cream?

Drink lots of water and keep your skin hydrated with a good moisturiser, massage it in.

Exercise, helps blood circulation.

You could use a stronger cream called a retinoid, they are a exfoliant but must be used with caution (extra suncream! and may make you purge which could result in more pih)

I hope this helps.

PIH doesnt bother me as the marks are flat so can be easily covered with makeup unlike depressed or raised scars.

count your blessings and good luck :)

MemberMember
(@blackjaqk)

Posted : 09/16/2014 6:13 pm

Thanks! I will apply your tips.