Notifications
Clear all

Starbucks Coffee - Caffeine

MemberMember
(@wtv31)

Posted : 09/14/2014 6:11 pm

Hello everyone,

Here's my story, I'm very lucky my face is perfect, no zips at all but my back is a mess. I got nodular acne, they are big and it hurts when i sit on a chair or in a bed.

I'm on Accutance since 2 months and a half now. It's getting better but sometimes my zits are getting so dry that it bleeds... Not a cool feeling.

In the last few weeks i realized that coffee is probably the cause of my breakouts. I used to go to Starbucks everyday and drink one or even two medium sized coffee so i didn't really noticed how it started or how bad it went over time.

I went to Cuba in March and Mexico in July so i had no coffee for a week and i noticed that my skin was better, but i thought it might be the sun and the water that helped.

So i did the test. I stopped drinking coffee from Starbucks for a week and try again this morning with a double expresso just the see how my body would react and there you go, i got 2 zits on my chest and i can feel another big one on my back.

I know this topic has been already discussed, but i wanted to share my experience.

Feel free to comment:)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/14/2014 8:38 pm

coffee is full of caffeine, sugar , milk so yeah gonna cause alot of acne

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 09/15/2014 3:03 pm

Even black coffee is dehydrating and activates adrenal action, a recipe for dry skin + oily pores = acne.

If you found the beach therapy helped, try taking a mermaid bath: sea salt and kelp powder- and supplementing your Vitamin D (ask your doctor how much to take based on your blood test.)

MemberMember
(@11111111111111)

Posted : 09/16/2014 10:02 am

Hello everyone,

Here's my story, I'm very lucky my face is perfect, no zips at all but my back is a mess. I got nodular acne, they are big and it hurts when i sit on a chair or in a bed.

I'm on Accutance since 2 months and a half now. It's getting better but sometimes my zits are getting so dry that it bleeds... Not a cool feeling.

In the last few weeks i realized that coffee is probably the cause of my breakouts. I used to go to Starbucks everyday and drink one or even two medium sized coffee so i didn't really noticed how it started or how bad it went over time.

I went to Cuba in March and Mexico in July so i had no coffee for a week and i noticed that my skin was better, but i thought it might be the sun and the water that helped.

So i did the test. I stopped drinking coffee from Starbucks for a week and try again this morning with a double expresso just the see how my body would react and there you go, i got 2 zits on my chest and i can feel another big one on my back.

I know this topic has been already discussed, but i wanted to share my experience.

Feel free to comment:)

Hey there! Thanks for sharing 🙂 Along those similar lines, I was never a coffee drinker until the research, exams and essays that began piling up in what I call "college" that kickstarted my newfound caffeine binge. Through no fault of my own, I began noticing much deeper and prolonged cystic acne along my face, neck and entire back. The true test was the day I left for Europe. This marked two months of no caffeine and, what do ya know, no acne! Oh the things they don't tell you on the back of that Cup O Joe