Notifications
Clear all

Help With Dim

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 09/12/2014 12:31 pm

Hello,

I have been taking Nature's Way DIM Plus for going on six weeks now and I'm still breaking out! I slowly increased from one to four caps per day and recently added NAC for added detoxification. I used to get severe nodules on my chin a few times a month but now I get cysts more frequently (every few days). I don't know if it's helping because at least they're not nodules but they are more frequent. I also think that I've had a few more facial hairs lately, it's not a dramatic increase so it's hard to attribute it to the DIM.

Can anyone please help guide me or share their experience on DIM? Did you have a similar experience to mine? Anyone switch brands from Nature's Way? Anyone have increased facial hair?

Thanks. Please quote me.

B

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/12/2014 12:37 pm

Hello,

I have been taking Nature's Way DIM Plus for going on six weeks now and I'm still breaking out! I slowly increased from one to four caps per day and recently added NAC for added detoxification. I used to get severe nodules on my chin a few times a month but now I get cysts more frequently (every few days). I don't know if it's helping because at least they're not nodules but they are more frequent. I also think that I've had a few more facial hairs lately, it's not a dramatic increase so it's hard to attribute it to the DIM.

Can anyone please help guide me or share their experience on DIM? Did you have a similar experience to mine? Anyone switch brands from Nature's Way? Anyone have increased facial hair?

Thanks. Please quote me.

B

what is your diet ?

also that brand looks bad because it has other things like soy thats not good

http://store.doctorvitaminstore.com/12555.html

i take this brand before and its just DIM no other ingredients works well and cheap

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 09/12/2014 1:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. My diet is good: no dairy, no alcohol, very limited gluten and sugar (only natural sugar when I do indulge), and only home-made, unprocessed foods. My breakouts also don't correspond to any external forces except alcohol.

Hello,

Thanks. Please quote me.

B

what is your diet ?

also that brand looks bad because it has other things like soy thats not good

http://store.doctorvitaminstore.com/12555.html

i take this brand before and its just DIM no other ingredients works well and cheap

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/12/2014 1:59 pm

well in that case try another dim brand like the one i posted or get rid of natural sugar too because its still sugar

also it can be cause by fluoride toothpaste that happens alot it cause cyst acne around mouth , chin area

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 09/12/2014 4:02 pm

I've switched to non-fluoride toothpaste years ago. Thanks for your reply.

well in that case try another dim brand like the one i posted or get rid of natural sugar too because its still sugar

also it can be cause by fluoride toothpaste that happens alot it cause cyst acne around mouth , chin area

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 09/13/2014 9:55 am

Has anyone had success by adding liver support along with DIM?

MemberMember
(@xipp)

Posted : 09/24/2014 4:47 pm

I use DIM by Estroblock and I love it! I haven't had a cystic breakout in a few months. I used to get them weekly and especially before my period. I use Estroblock along with liver support (NOW brand), fish oils, burdock root, multivitamin, Hair skin and nails (bluebonnet Brand), and a probiotic! I can't pinpoint what exactly is helping me stay clear but this entire natural/herbal combo has helped me out a lot! I did not want to fix my diet because...well...I love to eat and even being on my regular diet (crappy foods lol), this has helped. I do try to stay low dairy instead of dairy free. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

brenmc liked
MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/07/2014 2:38 pm

Has anyone had success by adding liver support along with DIM?

Hi brenmc,

Sorry DIM isn't working well for you. I take olympian labs DIM because I don't like it mixed with other ingredients in case I react to those.

I tried calcium d-glucarate but it caused a breakout for me...maybe it was a detox reaction or just a random breakout, but I didn't stick it out long enough to find out.

DIM works for some, and doesn't for others...not everyone is the same.

Btw, since you already switched to fluoride-free toothpaste, do you also avoid products (cleanser/ toothpaste/ mouthwash) with sulfates? For me, those matter more than fluoride. Also, not sure if this would apply to you, but I had some weird welt-like breakouts around the mouth and chin area when I was using a toothpaste with xylitol. I also got them when chewing xylitol gum, which was strange, but they stopped once I switched to another toothpaste and stopped chewing gum.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/08/2014 3:24 am

Btw, have you tried niacin? I was taking vitamin zero water when I started DIM, now I stopped because I can't find it in Europe, but it had niacin in it (80% RDA) so that could have been all the liver support I needed. Also, glutathione could be another option for gentle liver detoxification. I wouldn't recommend anything drastic unless you suspect you have liver issues and problems with removing excess toxins from your body.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/08/2014 9:30 pm

Hey WishClean,

I mentioned in my other response that I tried NAC with bad results, so I quit it. Three weeks ago I added CDG with good results, until this week (I just got another nodule). I added the liver support since a) many forums and reviews recommend doing so and b) I thought it might improve my DIM results to detox bad estrogens and other medications I've taken over the last few years (especially the spiro).

I'm not using xylitol in my toothpaste and I believe all of my products are sulphate-free. I try to use ¼ber natural products for the environment and my sensitive skin. My acne is nodular, generally, not rash-like in nature.

I haven't tried niacin.

B

Btw, have you tried niacin? I was taking vitamin zero water when I started DIM, now I stopped because I can't find it in Europe, but it had niacin in it (80% RDA) so that could have been all the liver support I needed. Also, glutathione could be another option for gentle liver detoxification. I wouldn't recommend anything drastic unless you suspect you have liver issues and problems with removing excess toxins from your body.

I've heard such mixed reviews about Estroblock, but Nature's Way definitely isn't giving me the results I want. Another poster suggested DIM Detox brand as well. What do you guys think, should I switch brands?

I use DIM by Estroblock and I love it! I haven't had a cystic breakout in a few months. I used to get them weekly and especially before my period. I use Estroblock along with liver support (NOW brand), fish oils, burdock root, multivitamin, Hair skin and nails (bluebonnet Brand), and a probiotic! I can't pinpoint what exactly is helping me stay clear but this entire natural/herbal combo has helped me out a lot! I did not want to fix my diet because...well...I love to eat and even being on my regular diet (crappy foods lol), this has helped. I do try to stay low dairy instead of dairy free. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/09/2014 5:04 am

Hi,

I have same problem as you, brenmc. 10 weeks on DIM and no significant improvement. I used Olympian Labs DIM for the first 4 weeks, then switched to Nature's Way. I take liver support (milk thistle with dandelion, burdock root and artichoke) with DIM. I've also been taking Source Naturals Inositol powder for 6 months, 1000-3000mg / day. No help with that, too.

I'm 32 year old female. My acne is mild/moderate and mostly on my jawline. My periods are regular. I haven't used hormonal bc for over 10 years. The only times I have been clear were my two pregnancies and time after them until my periods returned (6 and 8 months after delivery). No periods - no acne, but sadly I don't want more babies.

Until Nature's Way DIM my cheeks were completely clear, but now breakouts have moved from jawline to cheeks and near ears. Why?

I would appreciate any help and sorry for my bad english!

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/11/2014 2:04 pm

Hey everyone, I'm writing this from work, so I apologize if it's abbreviated.

My recent nodule went away without an injection. Yippee! Here's what I did: I swapped one of my three Nature's Way DIM Plus for one DIM Detox. My mom also takes DIM, but she takes it for hot flashes (she started a month after me). She had ordered the DIM Detox brand after I had mentioned it because of LeksiBabi's positive posts on this forum. My mom was thinking of swapping brands because Nature's Way was giving her headaches (a common complaint). I also iced the nodule twice everyday. I also switched from almond milk to rice milk. I have no idea if any of these changes helped or it was going to flare up and go away on its own based on what I was already doing. Normally I have to get the nodules injected with cortisone. I hope to continue to see progress and not have the nodules flare up at all.

Lionne, maybe you should try calcium d glucarate with milk thistle, I had better results with this than NAC (another liver support supplement).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/12/2014 7:20 am

Lionne, maybe you should try calcium d glucarate with milk thistle, I had better results with this than NAC (another liver support supplement).

Thanks! I will try CDG next.

Nice to hear that your nodule went away. Are you going to switch brand from NW DIM Plus to DIM Detox? I'll be interested to hear how it's working for you, if you do so.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/12/2014 9:52 am

Hi Lionne,

For now I'm going to stick with one Dim Detox and two Nature's Way, but if I continue to have issues, I may switch completely.

Many people rave about the combo of GDG with DIM.

Thanks! I will try CDG next.

Nice to hear that your nodule went away. Are you going to switch brand from NW DIM Plus to DIM Detox? I'll be interested to hear how it's working for you, if you do so.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/12/2014 11:45 am

My recent nodule went away without an injection. Yippee! Here's what I did: I swapped one of my three Nature's Way DIM Plus for one DIM Detox. My mom also takes DIM, but she takes it for hot flashes (she started a month after me). She had ordered the DIM Detox brand after I had mentioned it because of LeksiBabi's positive posts on this forum. My mom was thinking of swapping brands because Nature's Way was giving her headaches (a common complaint). I also iced the nodule twice everyday. I also switched from almond milk to rice milk. I have no idea if any of these changes helped or it was going to flare up and go away on its own based on what I was already doing. Normally I have to get the nodules injected with cortisone. I hope to continue to see progress and not have the nodules flare up at all.

HI bren,

Looks like you are making some progress!!! Be patient and don't get discouraged if you break out a little here and there, it's perfectly normal. Just remember, as long as the breakouts are decreasing, that's a good sign. Mine have not completely stopped, but they are way more manageable and take less time to heal (usually 1-2 days).

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/12/2014 3:26 pm

Thanks WishClean!

I am still getting non-inflamed acne often, I do hope that will subside as well, but it's most important to me that I stop getting nodules, since they're painful and scar. However, I'm glad to see improvement in the healing time of the last nodule, it only took about three-four days.

HI bren,

Looks like you are making some progress!!! Be patient and don't get discouraged if you break out a little here and there, it's perfectly normal. Just remember, as long as the breakouts are decreasing, that's a good sign. Mine have not completely stopped, but they are way more manageable and take less time to heal (usually 1-2 days).

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/15/2014 10:02 am

Boo! It seems as though I might have spoken too soon. I got another nodule a few days ago and so far it hasnt gone the way of the last one (that is, to shrink over the course a few days and not require an injection). I was hoping that I was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but to have another nodule come up a day after the last one dissipated is definitely not an improvement. I would have been surprised if adding a DIM Detox could have performed such a miracle, but I was hoping that the DIM (either brand) was finally taking hold of this thing, since Im going on four months on the supplement now.

Prior to this recent double whammy of nodules, I had about three weeks of nodule-free skin (mid-September till mid-October). Since then, the only thing that changed is that I consumed almond milk and a few almond granola bars. I never had an issue with almonds before, but is it possible that this could be a new sensitivity that could have sparked these recent breakouts? I hope so, because if not, its a deeper and more confusing issue.

Any input?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/15/2014 2:44 pm

Boo! It seems as though I might have spoken too soon. I got another nodule a few days ago and so far it hasnt gone the way of the last one (that is, to shrink over the course a few days and not require an injection). I was hoping that I was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but to have another nodule come up a day after the last one dissipated is definitely not an improvement. I would have been surprised if adding a DIM Detox could have performed such a miracle, but I was hoping that the DIM (either brand) was finally taking hold of this thing, since Im going on four months on the supplement now.

Prior to this recent double whammy of nodules, I had about three weeks of nodule-free skin (mid-September till mid-October). Since then, the only thing that changed is that I consumed almond milk and a few almond granola bars. I never had an issue with almonds before, but is it possible that this could be a new sensitivity that could have sparked these recent breakouts? I hope so, because if not, its a deeper and more confusing issue.

Any input?

Hi bren,

Don't get discouraged...hasn't the frequency of the nodules decreased? If so, that's a positive sign. I still break out here and there every once in a while, but considering the mess my face was in, I'm happy with the progress.

How about cutting out almonds and granola for a while to see if that helps? I personally break out if I have more than 1 granola bar in 1-2 days, so I try to stay away.

How about topicals? Are you using anything topically? I use witch hazel and have also tried Avene's mineral toner for sensitive skin with decent results. I also put aloe vera sometimes, and do yogurt & honey masks weekly.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/15/2014 9:14 pm

Hi WishClean, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I hope you dont mind, but Ill respond to the comments from both posts in this one, just to be sure that I dont miss anything.

Three weeks without a nodule was good progress; however, two in six days was/is not. At the start of the three weeks sans nodule, I dropped NAC and started CDG. Do you think its possible that even though I saw initial improvement, that its the CDG thats causing this bout of nodules? Perhaps it took a few weeks for a reaction to surfaceOr do you think the almond stuff is more likely? I have stopped eating granola bars and anything with almonds, but do you think its possible that a food could cause nodules?

As for topical stuff, I use all organic products with very limited ingredients. I havent noticed any change to my nodules from topicals, only to my small non-inflamed breakouts.

I have been taking three Natures Way DIM per day, but a few days ago I swapped one of those for a DIM Detox. Im thinking of switching back to Natures Way because I did breakout on the DIM Detox, so I guess it wasnt helping with that nodule that went down after all.

Any input?

Hi bren,

Don't get discouraged...hasn't the frequency of the nodules decreased? If so, that's a positive sign. I still break out here and there every once in a while, but considering the mess my face was in, I'm happy with the progress.

How about cutting out almonds and granola for a while to see if that helps? I personally break out if I have more than 1 granola bar in 1-2 days, so I try to stay away.

How about topicals? Are you using anything topically? I use witch hazel and have also tried Avene's mineral toner for sensitive skin with decent results. I also put aloe vera sometimes, and do yogurt & honey masks weekly.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/16/2014 3:27 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure. Perhaps stress also has to do with it.

I read that some people take up to 6 nature's way pills, but personally I wouldn't go that high. Maybe in your case you can try 4 per day, and maybe even experiment with taking them on an empty stomach to see if they are more effective?

I have been also reading some articles on facebook's PCOS support forum, and then I also search this forum for information on methylation and homocysteine levels...here's the gist if you are interested in another possibility for acne (not to make you paranoid or anything, lol)

One way to counter low methylation is to increase antioxidants...also, some sources recommend NAC, but for you it wouldn't work since you already tried it. I was recommended NAC a few years ago, but never took it. DIM is an antioxidant though, so hopefully it can help.

I take on and off Enzymedica's Free Radical Defenze, but since I don't take it regularly it's hard to say if it's working. Anyway, just another thing to be mindful of...getting enough antioxidants every day.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/17/2014 7:14 pm

Hey WishClean,

This stuff about methylation is very interesting but kind of over my headI definitely dont have an understanding of the human body, or the complexities of acne, that compares to yours! Quite frankly, I really hope thats not my issue and instead its estrogen dominance, since thats what Ive been treating for the last few months. Plus, although my acne has not cleared up since starting DIM, I have lost weight and feel less emotional.

Either way, Im not quite ready to rule out DIM as a possible solution. Based on the overlap of my symptoms with the list of ED symptoms, as well as the sheer number of people who have been helped by DIM (hundreds of amazon reviews), I am stillsomewhathopeful. One thing that I have been considering is trying a more potent form of DIM. EstroBlock seems to be the most polarizing example. Many reviewers claim to have tried other brands of DIM with little relief, only to be cured by EstroBlock. Even Steph from Epic Beauty Bar (great site by the way) said she got minimal results from DIM Detox, but obtained completely clear skin from EstroBlock. What do you make of this phenomenon and EstroBlock specifically? Im nervous to try EstroBlock because it also has some horrendous reviews (making peoples acne worse, making peoples hair fall out, and so forth).

Anyone else try EstroBlock? If so, please share your timeline and experience.

Thanks!

Bren

http://www.epicbeautyguide.com/ (Blog)

http://www.epicbeautybar.com/ (Shopping)

I read that some people take up to 6 nature's way pills, but personally I wouldn't go that high. Maybe in your case you can try 4 per day, and maybe even experiment with taking them on an empty stomach to see if they are more effective?

I have been also reading some articles on facebook's PCOS support forum, and then I also search this forum for information on methylation and homocysteine levels...here's the gist if you are interested in another possibility for acne (not to make you paranoid or anything, lol)

One way to counter low methylation is to increase antioxidants...also, some sources recommend NAC, but for you it wouldn't work since you already tried it. I was recommended NAC a few years ago, but never took it. DIM is an antioxidant though, so hopefully it can help.

I take on and off Enzymedica's Free Radical Defenze, but since I don't take it regularly it's hard to say if it's working. Anyway, just another thing to be mindful of...getting enough antioxidants every day.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/18/2014 4:54 am

Hey Bren,

Thanks for the links, I will check out the sites you recommended!

The point about methylation is that antioxidants are essential in immune system responses. So basically, do what you can each day to get some antioxidants in...of course, DIM also helps because it's an antioxidant, but also some pomegranate & honey maybe or other berries if you can tolerate them raw. As I understand it (I'm still reading up on it), poor methylation can cause hormonal disruptions. It's all interconnected. So I think the takeaway would be to make sure you are getting enough antioxidants each day, as extra support.

About DIM...when I read reviews online, there are differences between brands. The same thing with inositol reviews...some brands seem to cause headaches, while others work quickly with no side effects. It also varies from person to person, and another thing would be that sometimes competitors post negative reviews online & also companies post positive ones. So I take everything with a grain of salt, but if the majority says positive things, then that's encouraging. The hair issues with DIM I think are caused when people megadose on it...just like people megadosing on B5 and then wonder why their hair falls out. Any abrupt changes to what you take each day can shock your system, that's why I recommend a gradual approach to supplements, which you are already doing Have you tried Olympian Labs DIM btw? That's what I've been using and I'm happy overall but some days I feel like I need something extra. I was nervous to try Estroblock too due to the extra ingredients, but if I ever tried it, I would start with a low dose for a couple of weeks just to be safe. My guess is that, if you are doing fine on DIM now, you probably won't react badly to Estroblock unless one of the other ingredients causes an issue.

EDIT: I checked the ingredients of Estroblock, and it contains I3C, which is supposed to be less safe than DIM....i3C is the precursor, and it can be both anti-cancerous but might also cause cancer according to some sources I read...?!??! Not sure though, but in my knowledge it's best to go for DIM rather than I3C (I think hearts was also saying that too in her older posts...)

Hey WishClean,

This stuff about methylation is very interesting but kind of over my headI definitely dont have an understanding of the human body, or the complexities of acne, that compares to yours! Quite frankly, I really hope thats not my issue and instead its estrogen dominance, since thats what Ive been treating for the last few months. Plus, although my acne has not cleared up since starting DIM, I have lost weight and feel less emotional.

Either way, Im not quite ready to rule out DIM as a possible solution. Based on the overlap of my symptoms with the list of ED symptoms, as well as the sheer number of people who have been helped by DIM (hundreds of amazon reviews), I am stillsomewhathopeful. One thing that I have been considering is trying a more potent form of DIM. EstroBlock seems to be the most polarizing example. Many reviewers claim to have tried other brands of DIM with little relief, only to be cured by EstroBlock. Even Steph from Epic Beauty Bar (great site by the way) said she got minimal results from DIM Detox, but obtained completely clear skin from EstroBlock. What do you make of this phenomenon and EstroBlock specifically? Im nervous to try EstroBlock because it also has some horrendous reviews (making peoples acne worse, making peoples hair fall out, and so forth).

Thanks!

Bren

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/19/2014 11:30 am

Thanks WishClean! This stuff about antioxidants makes more sense to me now . I do try to consume antioxidants on a regular basis, including honey, leafy veg and fruit. I actually just ordered some manuka honey, which is supposed to be the best. I cant use salicylic acid or tea tree oil as a spot treatment, so Ive been using honey, which seems to work well enough.

I have not tried Olympian Labs brand of DIM. I have only tried Natures Way and recently DIM Detox. The reason why I mentioned EstroBlock Pro (forget to mention the Pro part, which has some different ingredients: http://www.amazon.com/Estroblock-PRO-TRIPLE-STRENGTH-Anti-Estrogen/dp/B007TXK40M ) is because it is touted for more severe cases of acne. Steph, from Epic Beauty Guide, told me that (similar to you) she had been using another brand of DIM to good but not exceptional results. Then when she switched to EstroBlock Pro she got full results. She sells both DIM Detox and EstroBlock Pro on her website, so I dont think she has an agenda or biases. Although, I completely agree with you that some of the reviews of the stuff do seem to be forged, so there is definitely a grain of salt to be taken when considering EstroBlock.

I do recall hearts saying that I3C is more volatile than DIM. Im not sure what to make of whether or not it is a carcinogen though. Would you consider trying EstroBlcok Pro or regular, since you mentioned you sometimes feel like you need something extra?

Hey Bren,

Thanks for the links, I will check out the sites you recommended!

The point about methylation is that antioxidants are essential in immune system responses. So basically, do what you can each day to get some antioxidants in...of course, DIM also helps because it's an antioxidant, but also some pomegranate & honey maybe or other berries if you can tolerate them raw. As I understand it (I'm still reading up on it), poor methylation can cause hormonal disruptions. It's all interconnected. So I think the takeaway would be to make sure you are getting enough antioxidants each day, as extra support.

About DIM...when I read reviews online, there are differences between brands. The same thing with inositol reviews...some brands seem to cause headaches, while others work quickly with no side effects. It also varies from person to person, and another thing would be that sometimes competitors post negative reviews online & also companies post positive ones. So I take everything with a grain of salt, but if the majority says positive things, then that's encouraging. The hair issues with DIM I think are caused when people megadose on it...just like people megadosing on B5 and then wonder why their hair falls out. Any abrupt changes to what you take each day can shock your system, that's why I recommend a gradual approach to supplements, which you are already doing Have you tried Olympian Labs DIM btw? That's what I've been using and I'm happy overall but some days I feel like I need something extra. I was nervous to try Estroblock too due to the extra ingredients, but if I ever tried it, I would start with a low dose for a couple of weeks just to be safe. My guess is that, if you are doing fine on DIM now, you probably won't react badly to Estroblock unless one of the other ingredients causes an issue.

EDIT: I checked the ingredients of Estroblock, and it contains I3C, which is supposed to be less safe than DIM....i3C is the precursor, and it can be both anti-cancerous but might also cause cancer according to some sources I read...?!??! Not sure though, but in my knowledge it's best to go for DIM rather than I3C (I think hearts was also saying that too in her older posts...)

Hey WishClean,

Thanks!

Bren

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/20/2014 10:14 pm

Bad news: I got two more nodules and one is the worst I have ever had. Im guessing that Ive reacted poorly to something in the DIM Detoxsince its a cocktail of different herbs. So frustrated! Im back on DIM Plus, even though I was never getting full results on it. Does anyone think that any of the filler ingredients in DIM Plus could be preventing success, like the soy? Anyone have any other recommendations? Ive been on it for over three months and still no success. Even a distributer of the product said that one should see results in 4-6 weeks.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/21/2014 5:55 am

Bad news: I got two more nodules and one is the worst I have ever had. Im guessing that Ive reacted poorly to something in the DIM Detoxsince its a cocktail of different herbs. So frustrated! Im back on DIM Plus, even though I was never getting full results on it. Does anyone think that any of the filler ingredients in DIM Plus could be preventing success, like the soy? Anyone have any other recommendations? Ive been on it for over three months and still no success. Even a distributer of the product said that one should see results in 4-6 weeks.

Hi bren,

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind posting a photo (or sending me one in a PM) of the nodules? I'm curious to see if they look like the deep ones I used to get. I still get one from time to time, especially if I eat too much sugar or carbs, but they subside much quicker and don't seem to leave more scars.

I'm not sure which one I would pick actually...sounds like the DIM detox is a bit risky due to all the herbs it contains. How about trying one that has both DIM and vitex? Maybe in your case you need both?

Don't despair...distributors usually overestimate the time it takes for a product to work. If the nodules are less frequent, that's still encouraging. Maybe add a little bit of vitex with the Dim Plus to see if that helps? Or evening primrose oil?

I will need to look into the DIM supplements more carefully...I have to order herpanacine from iherb in a few days because I'm running low and can't find it in Europe, so I might try purchasing another brand of DIM to see if it's better than the one I'm currently using. I personally would not take anything with soy or I3C for too long..maybe it's good short-term while hormones are rebalanced.