Notifications
Clear all

Please Help- Post Acne Red Marks/scars

MemberMember
(@oliviaaa20)

Posted : 09/11/2014 4:29 pm

I have said this in many of my other posts on this website but I will say it again for those of you who have not read my other posts. Almost 4 months ago I started a new birth control called ortho try cyclin. I went on it strictly for bad Cramps and acne. Before the birth control my acne was mild to moderate.

Now almost finishing my fourth month I have the worst skin I have ever had and I need your help.

I am left with the worst red marks from pimples that have left my skin almost 2 to 3 months ago. The marks left behind from those zits will not go away. I have tried almost everything. I don't know what to do anymore. I have become very discouraged, I wear a lot of makeup to cover it up each and every day, and it is getting very old very fast. I don't know what to do! should I stop the birth control pill? My skin never scarred like this before I went on this pill. Or should I continue just in case my skin will clear out because of the pills please give me your personal advice. I have tried many many home remedies. I have no self-esteem left and I need help as soon as possible.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 09/12/2014 1:24 am

Is the birth control helping with the cramps? My daughter was placed on the same BC pill by the OB/GYN. She was taken off it by her primary care because so many people had been having issues with it. She now uses Sprintec, and although she still cramps, it's manageable. It seems to aid with her acne in addition to her topical products as well. You may want to speak with your doctor about switching.

What are you using topically?

I would suggest cleansing with black soap. It does help the scars slowly. Also, use of salicylic acid will slowly help as well.

There is no quick fix to acne scars. Have faith though, at one point my daughter really broke out and got many marks on her skin. Through her topicals and time, they are now barely visible.