Notifications
Clear all

The Beginning Of A Caveman Life

MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 09/11/2014 10:24 am

I just begin the caveman regiment and I will post my positive and negative feedback during this 2 month trial.

Im 23 years old, male. live in canada.

Please note that****: I never really had acne problem BEFORE other than the occasional pimple here and there. I had bad breakout when i was 20 and my sister buy me some cleaser, moisturizer, treatment for oily skin etc etc etc...

I saw a little improvement first but now here I am, on the web site, I just completed 100 days (3 months and a haft) into Dan's regiment and wasn't happy with the result.

Im just tired of searching for the right product, and tired of always putting some chemical product on my face.

Right now I have oily skin, 5-6 pimples, 6-7 scars (red marks), and some bumps (Whitehead) here and there.

So wich me the best luck, I will try my best and keep you posted. I heard is good thing to share with people, its a first for me lol.

Day 1:

my skin feeling oily, feel a little bit disgusting because im washing my face morning and night normaly, but it is expected and is just the beginning so I just need to focus on positive things.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/11/2014 11:19 am

y do u do the cavmen regimen? y nyone does? they had a apes face lmao n probs lived like 10 yrs n if they were tht healthy of a ancestors then y r we even hving a medicine today

MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 09/12/2014 8:08 am

Because before i was 20, I didnt have problem with my skin and I was just putting water on it in the shower... I feel that all these product can be the problem for some people. Alot of people had success with the caveman regiment and I feel like its the last solution for me.

Day 2:

My face is still very oily, one of the bump on my chin that I had for the last 3 week start to pop out... thats kinda of a good news I guess. But beside that, nothing very new.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/13/2014 8:48 am

it probs just doesnt work

MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 09/13/2014 5:17 pm

Day 3:

my face is less oily today, still really nothing new, got 2 new pimples on my chin but they were probably already suppose to pop before I start this...

MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 09/14/2014 12:03 pm

Day 4:

Last night I had a game of hockey so when I took my shower I splash my face for like 10 sec... it was the first time something touch my face in 3 days. After the shower my face didn't feel dry or tight, so I think im gonna splash water in shower every 2-3 days.

Right now my face is still less oily and the two new pimples on my chin are already Healing a little bit. I notice that i start to have some little Whitehead on my forehead but you gotta be real close to me to see them so nothing Im worry about.

Take note that I am eating healty and taking zinc 50mg and vitamin D3 1000UI (its just a little supplement)

my next post gotta be at day 7.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/15/2014 11:33 am

it will never work

bt wait nope, caveman didnt hv zinc n d3 supplements so it might work

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 09/16/2014 11:24 pm

dude you should have never bought that cleanser or whatever it was that your sister bought you, taht was literally what fucked you over and brought you here

nas777 liked
MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 09/17/2014 8:26 am

@teenacnebodybuilding

yeah I know man, thats why Im trying this regimen, hope it will works... whats yours?

Day 7:

Well right now I have mix feeling about this, I have more whiteheads but you have to be close to see them, I still have some pimples but no one that is big or paintfull red. I know it take some times to see good results so I will be patient. On the positive side, my skin is not really oily anymore, and I've always had oily skin in the last 2 years lol. I will update at day 10.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/17/2014 11:08 am

it just nt gonna work....

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/17/2014 11:16 am

I haven't used any kind of soap or cleanser for years. They interfere with skin function which includes sebum composition (the difference between sebum that does what it should and makes skin glow and sebum that's sticky, looks greasy and clogs pores) Not to mention production of retinoids and vitamin D which are both involved in normal cell turnover and exfoliation, which is at the root of acne formation. And ceramides & other substances that make the epidermal barrier strong and thus less prone to irritation & infection. Also normal sebum inhibits DHT production.

However, most of this so-called caveman regimen is nonsense. Such as dead skin masks and avoiding water. You might want to avoid chlorinated water though as chlorine weakens the epidermal barrier.

Personally, I cleanse my face by wiping with a damp cloth. And oil cleanse when I have makeup to remove.

More info on skin function:

nas777 liked
MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 09/20/2014 9:33 pm

@teenacnebodybuilding

yeah I know man, thats why Im trying this regimen, hope it will works... whats yours?

Day 7:

Well right now I have mix feeling about this, I have more whiteheads but you have to be close to see them, I still have some pimples but no one that is big or paintfull red. I know it take some times to see good results so I will be patient. On the positive side, my skin is not really oily anymore, and I've always had oily skin in the last 2 years lol. I will update at day 10.

i wash my face every other day with water in the shower but i just started this, if anything comes up ill let you know

nas777 liked
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/21/2014 12:14 am

aint guna werk...

MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 09/21/2014 11:57 am

Day 11:

so right now im very sick because of the winter so I look like shit lol, but my scar (red marks) look like they fading.... well more then when i was using the bha or the aha. So thats a good news. For the rest, it is still the same. I got much more witheheads but i was expecting that. I begin to see some deadskins but not alot and nothing to worrry about.

I cant say for now if is going to work or not, but I didnt have bad breakout, the oilyness is less then before and my red marks are not really red anymore but still there.

The negative side is the little whiteheads, a occasional pimple here and there, a little bit of deadskins in the morning.

The thing that I really like: not wasting my time in front of the Mirror morning and night for washing my face, very less stress about acne because I dont look in the mirror and dont think about it like I used too when I had my routine twice a day.

I keep you guys in touch, thanks for the positive advice

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/21/2014 7:20 pm

looks like its nt going to work c:

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 09/23/2014 9:33 pm

Day 11:

so right now im very sick because of the winter so I look like shit lol, but my scar (red marks) look like they fading.... well more then when i was using the bha or the aha. So thats a good news. For the rest, it is still the same. I got much more witheheads but i was expecting that. I begin to see some deadskins but not alot and nothing to worrry about.

I cant say for now if is going to work or not, but I didnt have bad breakout, the oilyness is less then before and my red marks are not really red anymore but still there.

The negative side is the little whiteheads, a occasional pimple here and there, a little bit of deadskins in the morning.

The thing that I really like: not wasting my time in front of the Mirror morning and night for washing my face, very less stress about acne because I dont look in the mirror and dont think about it like I used too when I had my routine twice a day.

I keep you guys in touch, thanks for the positive advice

what i like about this regimen is when i go on it only after maybe like 2 days my forehead clears up like 95% but the rest of my face is where i get breakouts still, its less but i still get them

nas777 liked
MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 09/30/2014 8:14 am

Day 20:

I dont have good news right now, I have alot more of tiny Whitehead. I saw that my forhead is getting clear, but my cheeks are getting tons of little Whitehead and a couple of tiny red pimples. All the others area are getting more clear but my cheeks got worse on the last week. Maybe is still a purging phase since i didnt really had a purge on those area the first 10 days. Its a hard week for me.

if someone had the same experiment with the caveman regimen, plz help me. Thx alot.

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 09/30/2014 8:25 am

I think Acnewonderland is a big pimple that just won't go away and is painful as fug but in this case the guy is right.. If you have a bad fatty lipid profile and you don't wash that bad sebum of your face, you gonna have a serious problem! In this case it seems that you really do have a bad sebum and doing nothing is gonna bring you big problems, boy you gonna suffer if you continue on this path..

nas777 liked
MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 10/01/2014 12:17 pm

@alternativista Can you help me with your personal advice? when i say tons of Whitehead, I talk much about clog pore. Before the caveman regimen, I was using bha daily and before that, was using aha daily, so now my skin have tons of clog pore but what can I do about it? I dont want to use some products back.

I went to the drug store today to buy me some omega3 oil fish supplement, so I will take it daily.

I notice that my skin feel dry too.

Please anyone had that same result?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2014 6:46 pm

My sebum isn't the "right" kind of sebum. I can't get away with no washing. I haven't had a lot of success changing my sebum composition with good oils (oral or topical).

The biggest help for me has been changing my hormonal balance and controlling my blood sugar. Second to that has been Betaine HCL with Pepsin for digestion. It's not perfect but my pimples and cysts are gone and my clogged pores are greatly reduced. I stay on top of the clogged pores with high potency salicylic acid.

kirks and nas777 liked
MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 10/03/2014 9:45 am

i stopped this and washed my face 2x a day with water so far not to shabby my cheecks have gotten better ( i never got cheek acne before trying this regimen just, fore head and chin and temple areas) since i do sports though i shower once a day ob days that i dont do sports and 2x a day on days that i do and i gotta say i think it willl work. anyways good luck bro you have 10 more days keep going at it

nas777 liked
MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 10/10/2014 9:48 am

Day 30:

I did a light and gentle exfoliation with my fingers in the shower on day 24 and it really help with the clog pore. I think the dead skin mask didn't let my skin breath and thats why I end up whit a tons of clogged pore. Right now, the clog pore are no longer a issue, there are almost all gone, Almost. But it kinda left me with a little breakout on both of my cheeks, not big red pimples or anyting really bad, but I have somes new red marks that wasnt there before.

Maybe is the past clog pore that lead to a pimple and left a little mark.

The good side right now is that my forehead is 99% clear an free-acne, we'll see if that keeps going in the positive way.

Im still dealing with a little bit of dry skin, and I have alot of dead skin because I wasn't able to exfoliate them all in one time.

MemberMember
(@nas777)

Posted : 10/27/2014 1:45 pm

I have the bad news to annonce that I stop the caveman regimen on day 42. It just didn't work for me. I think that I may have dry my skin to much with water because every time I splash my face or wash it with a wet cloth, it lead me to break out. my forehead that was clean also break out. I won't lie to you but I end up with pretty bad skin, worse then before, but less red marks. Now I will go back to a gentle cleanser and a gentle moisturizer, I have to found a good exfoliation too, but i will do it only once a week.

Im sorry i didn't go all the 60 days, but at the end, I was going too badly to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 10/28/2014 7:57 pm

I have the bad news to annonce that I stop the caveman regimen on day 42. It just didn't work for me. I think that I may have dry my skin to much with water because every time I splash my face or wash it with a wet cloth, it lead me to break out. my forehead that was clean also break out. I won't lie to you but I end up with pretty bad skin, worse then before, but less red marks. Now I will go back to a gentle cleanser and a gentle moisturizer, I have to found a good exfoliation too, but i will do it only once a week.

Im sorry i didn't go all the 60 days, but at the end, I was going too badly to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

i stopped also when i did this only went 25 days because my skin got worse, so worse peopel started to point things out which is something that never happened to me before. i now wash once a day with cetaphil cleanser and since im on accutane i moisturize with cetaphil moisturizer