Notifications
Clear all

Any Hope ?

MemberMember
(@itdidntwork)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:11 pm

Hello, guys, this is my first post on this website .

Looking for advice ... I can't get rid of these scars .

I had cystic acne for two years before I was finally able to get rid of it with acutane... Left me with some pretty severe scars ....

I did 5 Fraxel laser treatments and saw minimal improvement .

Willing to try anything ...

Will anything help?

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/11/2014 7:55 am

It looks like you have rolling scars which can respond really well to subcision.

here are two examples of members on here who had amazing results from this procedure. It works best if you combine it with the suction method.

I'm not surprised you didn't respond well to laser resurfacing as your scarring is more than likely tethered down, which is why subcision is great for these scars.

A couple perks of having subcision done is that it has fewer side effects than most other treatments and it's also fairly inexpensive compared to lasers.

MemberMember
(@itdidntwork)

Posted : 09/11/2014 8:11 am

It looks like you have rolling scars which can respond really well to subcision.

http://www.acne.org/...bcision-photos/

http://www.acne.org/...tments-ive-had/

here are two examples of members on here who had amazing results from this procedure. It works best if you combine it with the suction method.

I'm not surprised you didn't respond well to laser resurfacing as your scarring is more than likely tethered down, which is why subcision is great for these scars.

A couple perks of having subcision done is that it has fewer side effects than most other treatments and it's also fairly inexpensive compared to lasers.

Thanks for responding .

Those guys had amazing improvement .Its something I should put some thought into.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/11/2014 8:16 am

The pics are kind of small, but I do agree that you have mostly rolling scars that typically respond more to subcision. Personally, I think nonablative lasers like Fraxel Restore are a complete waste of time. I'm assuming you had the Fraxel Restore because I doubt you did 5 sessions of the much more aggressive Fraxel Repair, which is the C02 fractional version.

If you research this forum, you will find that the people who have had the most success combined multiple types of procedures like subcisions & suction, ablative lasers, and possibly fillers to fine tune results. Fillers usually should be done after a few subcisions, because you need to release the tethered scars.

Usually it takes many sessions to see noticeable improvement if one has moderate to severe acne scars.

Is there hope? I think so as long as you have realistic expectations and money.

Check out this guy's review on Realself. He had extremely severe scars and got tremendous improvement. It will never be perfect, but I think this case is one of the best outcomes I've ever seen on the internet given the severity of his scars. Most likely he will need more procedures to get to more improvement. Recently another member on here also got treated by this doctor, but she is only several weeks out from her surgery.

http://www.realself.com/review/salt-lake-city-ut-acne-scars-treatment-acne-scar-treatment-subcision-fotoma

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 09/11/2014 8:56 am

Hi, the scars you got had no other way to get rid off except extreme exfoliation. I know harsh exfoliation is no good but what I suggest is exfoliate three times a week and this will take time to heal. If your skin is good and could regenerate healthy skin fast I think this could work. There is this Japan product called Natural Aqua Gel - Cure it works by exfoliating gently and leave your skin smooth after that. You could get this on ebay or amazon. This works amazing although it tells you to use it only twice a week. You could do it more provided your skin can tolerate it.

MemberMember
(@itdidntwork)

Posted : 09/11/2014 9:05 am

The pics are kind of small, but I do agree that you have mostly rolling scars that typically respond more to subcision. Personally, I think nonablative lasers like Fraxel Restore are a complete waste of time. I'm assuming you had the Fraxel Restore because I doubt you did 5 sessions of the much more aggressive Fraxel Repair, which is the C02 fractional version.

If you research this forum, you will find that the people who have had the most success combined multiple types of procedures like subcisions & suction, ablative lasers, and possibly fillers to fine tune results. Fillers usually should be done after a few subcisions, because you need to release the tethered scars.

Usually it takes many sessions to see noticeable improvement if one has moderate to severe acne scars.

Is there hope? I think so as long as you have realistic expectations and money.

Check out this guy's review on Realself. He had extremely severe scars and got tremendous improvement. It will never be perfect, but I think this case is one of the best outcomes I've ever seen on the internet given the severity of his scars. Most likely he will need more procedures to get to more improvement. Recently another member on here also got treated by this doctor, but she is only several weeks out from her surgery.

http://www.realself.com/review/salt-lake-city-ut-acne-scars-treatment-acne-scar-treatment-subcision-fotoma

Yeah , those are fantastic results . I know I'll never be 100% , I'm not delusional . Anything close to that guys level of Improvement would be fantastic though. Thanks for the post , gives me some

Hope .

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/11/2014 5:28 pm

Glad this is working out for you but if exfoliation worked on scars, then everyone who uses Retin-A would be scarless.

Hi, the scars you got had no other way to get rid off except extreme exfoliation. I know harsh exfoliation is no good but what I suggest is exfoliate three times a week and this will take time to heal. If your skin is good and could regenerate healthy skin fast I think this could work. There is this Japan product called Natural Aqua Gel - Cure it works by exfoliating gently and leave your skin smooth after that. You could get this on ebay or amazon. This works amazing although it tells you to use it only twice a week. You could do it more provided your skin can tolerate it.

MemberMember
(@amicus)

Posted : 09/11/2014 6:38 pm

I, too, did laser, which didn't help much. I think it made things worse, to be honest.

It seems like 1. the best results are coming from India for some reason and 2. Subcision is the key.

Check these out:

http://www.idoj.in/article.asp?issn=2229-5178;year=2014;volume=5;issue=1;spage=95;epage=97;aulast=Kaur

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

Both procedures have a few things in common: they primed the skin with tretinoin cream (ret a) and used used subcision, they also both used TCA to different ends and one used microneedling.

My last consult with a ps, he told me I needed 3 $600 microneedle and prp treatments for a total of $1800 and then more laser for who knows how much? Both of these procedures in the links can probably be done for $500 to $1,000 total. We get ripped off and bad results because they (the doctors) are just trying to sell us whatever they can instead of what works.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/11/2014 9:10 pm

I think scar treatments nowadays have become totally dominated by doctors who push lasers for any and all scars. A lot of doctors have forgotten the fundamentals of scar revision because they have to push the lasers to recoup their investment. Lasers are an important part of acne scar revision, but you cannot fix significant scarring without a combination of surgical procedures (subcisions, excision, punch grafting), resurfacing (dermabrasion, lasers), and volumizing (fillers).

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 09/13/2014 10:03 pm

I've stated my opinion on this subject matter a numerous times over the many years I've been on this site, but i will repeat it again. I truly believe the utmost effective ways in eradicating pitted scars are by employing a co2 fractional laser/subcision in combination with recell or perhaps a true fat stem cell graft with the Celution machine can be just as good if not better. I feel very strongly about these particular treatments because I have seen some remarkable before/after pictures from people being benefited by it. If you have extremely mild scars or red marks then fraxel restore, derma rolling, tca cross or needling may help a bit but mostly it will be a big waste of time and money. if you're seeking an improvement to pitted scars it will require much more drastic actions such as the ones I've mentioned above..