Notifications
Clear all

My Skin Cannot Stand Moisturizers At All, What To Do?

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 09/09/2014 7:48 pm

Soo... I've tried tons of moisturizers and every single one of them makes my acne worse. I don't get new acne I think but it makes the existing acne so much worse than before.

By just using water seems to be the best regimen for me.. But I get so dry after showering for example... So what the heck can I do? :(

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 09/09/2014 8:11 pm

You could try AHA is extremely hydrating but isn't considered a moisturizer. Have you tired jojoba oils?

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 09/09/2014 8:30 pm

You could try AHA is extremely hydrating but isn't considered a moisturizer. Have you tired jojoba oils?

I have tried these already 🙁

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 09/09/2014 8:42 pm

Hmm let me think on this then. Have you tried the ceraVe product line?

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 09/09/2014 9:28 pm

I have dry sensitive skin and my skin hates moisturizers too D: I was convinced that all moisturizers were a bad choice for acne prone skin because all the ones I tried (even the "special" ones for acne prone skin) made things worse and broke me out. Over the years I have, however, found products that work and don't bother existing acne or give me new acne.

Also, Its good look for moisturizers with minimal ingredients. Here is a DIY recipe for a 2 ingredient moisturizer! The fewer ingredients, the fewer things that could cause acne!

I use Hemp seed oil as a moisturizer. This is completely non comedometic. yay! It does leave your face shiny depending on how much you use though. It works as a good night time moisturizer because of this.

Ever heard of or tried Hyaluronic acid? This should not bother your acne. It has minimal ingredients and works good under creams or by its self. I us it and my skin is still happy :)

I am still on the search for more ways to moisturize my skin. This is what works so far for me.

Having a regimen that is kind to your skins natural moisture barrier is also a good idea!

Wish you luck^^

denrich liked
MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 09/09/2014 10:20 pm

Soo... I've tried tons of moisturizers and every single one of them makes my acne worse. I don't get new acne I think but it makes the existing acne so much worse than before.

By just using water seems to be the best regimen for me.. But I get so dry after showering for example... So what the heck can I do?

seriously.... you dont need to moisturize. Skip it- have a simple cleanser and there you go

MemberMember
(@eminem-isback)

Posted : 09/10/2014 3:33 am

Maybe just stop using moisturizers if your skin does feel dry it's just your skin getting use to not having a layer of stuff on it so the feeling should go away also don't shower in real hot water that can do more harm then good maybe lukewarm then cold before you get out and just let it run over your face and let your face air dry too

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 09/21/2014 5:15 pm

oh wow..

after I listed EVERY moisturizer I have ever tried, there was one thing that stood out:

They were all LOTIONS. shifty.gif

Can someone be more stupid than me? I had never EVER tried a gel...

So I went to my fathers bathroom and found a Loreal Men Expert Anti-Shine Moisturizing Gel and it works FANTASTIC. I get a liiiittle dry here and there but its like a 300% improvement of my skin already..

Cheers

Stupid

MemberMember
(@bilelriley)

Posted : 09/22/2014 6:14 pm

It seems like you have very dry zones.. I personally had some dry zones but I applied an oily cream for several times and Yeah! It worked well. It doesn't matter what kind of moisturizers you need but it should contain oils. And also you should not apply oils on the oily zones on your face.