Notifications
Clear all

Corn Causing Cystic Acne?

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 09/08/2014 3:08 pm

Ok this might sound a bit crazy but hear me out. This morning I had the worst break out of cystic acne on my back and neck that I have had in a long time.

I have had dairy cut out my diet for a while now and noticed an improvement but I still had the odd flare ups every few days so I made an effort to look in to my diet a bit more. I made a chart of such and took note of what I was eating, when I was breaking out and what was the most likely cause of this. Yes this is what my acne drove me too.

So first things first I'm not an avid crisp eater. But i treated my self to a multi-pack last night. I had a good five packs in the space of several hours. (Terrible I know) Woke up this morning, had a bath and when I got out I noticed I had a good four cysts that were bleeding on my back (Assuming from the exfoliating in the bath) and an active one on my neck that I managed to ice down. Anyway I looked at what I ate the previous day and assumed it had to be the crisps.

I did a bit of research and found a few articles that say corn (which these crisps were very high in. Whole corn to be precise) is known to cause cystic acne due to allergies and came across this. 'A corn allergy is caused by a mistake in the immune system. The proteins in corn cause the immune system to react the same way it would to a virus. IgE antibodies are produced and released in the bloodstream to ward off the corn. The antibodies cause mast cells to produce various chemicals, including histamine, the hormone responsible for common allergy symptoms. The hormone causes inflammation and irritation in various parts of the body.'

'Common symptoms of a corn allergy are skin irritation, digestive issues, nasal congestion and asthma'

I found this last one interesting as for a while I have been suffering from shortness of breath and a feeling of tightness in my chest. Not every day but quite frequently. I just shrugged this off and put it down to one of the sides effects of the acne medication I am on? So could this be the problem or am I just clutching at straws here because I'm desperate?

The only other thing that I could think of that flared me up was that I went running for the first time in a while last night, I wear i tight fitted running top and work up a bit of a sweat but I thoroughly showered when I got back to try and avoid aggravating the skin in any way.

Been having sea salt and tea the oil baths for the past two days also and my Non-inflammatory acne has seemed to clear slightly and my skin feels smother but I had a burning sensation on my skin during my bath this morning and for a short period of time after. Im assuming this is from the tea tree oil and using too much? As it come non diluted and i just put it in. Could this have caused the breakout or not? I had the same bath the previous day and didn't flare up the next morning so maybe not?

Sorry if this seems like such a long shot. So desperate to get my acne sorted and not let it beat me but its a pain in the ass nonetheless.

Thanks guys

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/08/2014 4:31 pm

i barely ever eat it nyway, wanna nachos tho bt did u know its better to avoid all grains if u can nd esp wheat/rye/barley, basically gluten bt better get tested if ur gluten intolerant before

how much tto n salt do u put in bath? n wht kinda salt?

my aunt wants me to do baking soda baths, says it should reduce acid in body therfor inflammation tht causes acne as well i guess

MemberMember
(@dreamerhigh)

Posted : 09/08/2014 4:42 pm

well i guess stop eating corn ?

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 09/08/2014 5:58 pm

i barely ever eat it nyway, wanna nachos tho bt did u know its better to avoid all grains if u can nd esp wheat/rye/barley, basically gluten bt better get tested if ur gluten intolerant before

how much tto n salt do u put in bath? n wht kinda salt?

my aunt wants me to do baking soda baths, says it should reduce acid in body therfor inflammation tht causes acne as well i guess

Aye i was thinking about getting rid of wheat and gluten as well. Just so crap because my died would be so limited.

Its a dead sea salt I use you can get them off amazon and they are pretty cheap roughly use about a cup full and about 15-20 drops of tea tree oil. Definitely give it a try man baking soda has a few other un-natural chemicals in so if your going to do it i would go for the sea salt.

well i guess stop eating corn ?

Haha I have done but I wanted to know if this has been heard of before and if its actually realistically going to be the cause? Guess I will find out.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/08/2014 6:43 pm

oh lol its just begining actually, ppl here hv cut out rice n sometimes pies/beans too, even citrus fruits n limiting fruits altogether n so much else i cant even tell u in a sentence. its nuts. oh and yea nuts too lol. it just seems like they r left nly with grass n air to breath sometimes or somekinda superspecific food i dnt even know which mythical forest comes from...

i think just eat 80-90% healthy n if u go out or smth do get tht snack or wtv bt dont get too carried away n just keep it moderate

i just believe u gotta get ur own acne examined asap, like make somekinda tests nd analysis abt ur internal state n also skins state ofc n then see from there

bcs i did a blood test n from how it came out im p sure its not diet thts causing it, i do eat healthy bt i eat some gluten n some snacks n stuff like wrap or kebab from mal from time to time too. ill stay away from mcdonalds tho bcs there is some scary info abt their food...nt sure abt hesburger...gotta cut out high sugar like lemonade tho :c nd just too artifical things..

MemberMember
(@ooo)

Posted : 09/08/2014 8:21 pm

It's not too crazy. Corn is actually pretty high on the glycemic index scale, so it would spike your blood sugar levels.