Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rbex672

Cystic Acne Gone... Pales/pustles Arrive

i have battled with cystic acne since my 20's... i have tried many things including orals and changes in diet... but it seems a combination of retina a + bencaclyn is the best thing for me. at 35 i felt like i had my cystic acne semi under control. i seemed to have one month of ok skin, one month of alright skin, and one month where everything was a mess... the biggest bummer is the discoloration caused from cysts + malasma has really taken a toll on my complexion... but hoping laser will help with that at some point.

i write because i recently got the sunburn of my life. i was hiking in the himalaya and the sun came out after a three day blizzard and severely burnt everyone coming down the snowfields. really bad burns, 2nd degree, super swollen, scabbing... the airport looked like a burn ward... but ever since this burn my cystic acne has completely disappeared. i am getting zero cysts for months now but my jawline is now covered with papules/pustles... something i have never dealt with before. i think i prefer this white headish type acne to the cystic acne but hoping i can curb it across the board. wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this and any success they have had getting rid of jawline papules/pustles.

thx.