Notifications
Clear all

I Can't Believe I'm About To Do This...*pics Included*

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/06/2014 12:01 am

So I'm a female, in my 20s and I suffer from moderate/severe acne. I use to have very severe acne about three or four years ago, I still think it's still severe to an extent, but not as bad as it was before.

Anyway, this is what I'll be using for three months:

Clean & Clear 5% BPO wash (or the PCA Skin31 5% BPO wash)

Acne.org Treatment (Only at night)

Acne.org AHA+ (Only apply at night 2/3 a week)

BPO mask (one to twice a week)

Taking:

Multi+ Daily Glow Multi Vitamins

Stress Pills

GNC Hair, Nail and Skin Pills

Perfect Skin Pills

I will limit my intake of sugar (I consume way too much sugar),drink a lot of water, coconut water, green tea and Chinese "Anti-Acne" tea.

Attached are photos of how my skin looks like at the moment...This is the first time I've ever posted anything like this online or anywhere so...Please don't be so harse on the condition of my skin, I'm very senstive and very embarrassed about it.

If anyone would like to give me some advice on some things that I could do for my skin, I would be so greatful and happy. I've done a lot of things so far in the past, and nothing has really worked for me. I know these pictures are really disgusting looking...so please bear with me.

I don't have a picture of my temples or forehead because those areas are not an issue. I have uneven skin tone on my forehead, but barely any acne. I have acne mostly on my chin, cheeks, jawline and under my jaw as you can see. I have tried given up dairy (I did for two to three years..I saw some improvement, but not that much...I have limited my intake as much as I can now). I have tried antibiotics, spiro (not a full course), retin-a, chemical peels,tree tea oil and so forth and this is what my skin looks like today. Very depressed and I am just looking for something that will work for me (which I believe BPO does work). I'm on the fence on if I should drop my BPO wash and buy the acne.org wash or something similar to it. As I recall in the past Cetaphil worked for me, but I don't like the fact that it uses sulfates in the wash I have used in the past. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, can someone tell me if I have any acne scars in these pictures? I know I have dark marks from acne (hyperpigmentation), but I was wondering if anybody sees any rolling scars, box scars or anything of that nature? And does anyone know what type of acne that I mostl have? I know I have some inflamed, but the majority to me looks like non-inflamed. I love to hear others' intake. Thank you!

post-178926-0-78097800-1409978978.jpg

post-178926-0-33170100-1409979007.jpg

post-178926-0-90386000-1409979029.jpg

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/06/2014 6:40 pm

Have you considered talking to your dermatologist about possibly taking Accutane? Also about those stress pills what are they called? Are they over the counter or are they antidepressants? My dermatologist also says I have quite a bit of stress and it would help if I could find ways to turn it down a bit. Also don't feel too bad about your skin it will get better!

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/06/2014 10:58 pm

Have you considered talking to your dermatologist about possibly taking Accutane? Also about those stress pills what are they called? Are they over the counter or are they antidepressants? My dermatologist also says I have quite a bit of stress and it would help if I could find ways to turn it down a bit. Also don't feel too bad about your skin it will get better!

I can't take Accutane. I have spoken to my dermatologist about it, and we came to a conclusion about a year ago that I will not be able to take it. I bought it over the counter, thy are just B-Complex pills, with Vitamins A, C and E added. I bought them in Canada, but I'm sure you can find some online or at your local drug store.

Today I went out and bought some vitamin E oil for my dry patches of skin that the BPO is causing, I really hope it works and doesn't make me break out more....I've never put oil on my face before, so I don't know how it will react.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:16 pm

Just out of curiosity, why did you only choose to do the DKR only at night? It seems to yield the best results if you do it night and day and stick to it for a bit?

Also, why did you stop taking spiro? I was going to suggest the pill, since that is what has worked for me and a lot of other women out there. I find that for hormonal acne, using only topicals doesn't really help. Perhaps you could consider other supplements like DIM/saw palmetto. I'm not too well versed on that but there's a bunch of people talking about it in the hormonal acne forum, if you haven't taken a look yet :o

And hang in there, things will definitely get better just keep your head up. :)

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/09/2014 7:15 am

Just out of curiosity, why did you only choose to do the DKR only at night? It seems to yield the best results if you do it night and day and stick to it for a bit?

Also, why did you stop taking spiro? I was going to suggest the pill, since that is what has worked for me and a lot of other women out there. I find that for hormonal acne, using only topicals doesn't really help. Perhaps you could consider other supplements like DIM/saw palmetto. I'm not too well versed on that but there's a bunch of people talking about it in the hormonal acne forum, if you haven't taken a look yet

And hang in there, things will definitely get better just keep your head up.

Because it leaves a white film on my skin and if I put it on with my SPF, which I have two different kinds of, it makes my skin sticky and it doesn't look good. Matter of fact, I just got a chemical burn on my neck (I think, it's a large, dark dry patch that just happened to appear on my neck and burns anytime I wash my face with a cleanser)...I believe I just got it from using too much BPO. It's healing fine now since I started putting Vitamin E oil on my face.

I've used so many supplements, from MSM, B-complex pills, flax seed oil, fish oil, saw palmetto...none of them worked for me. I gave up on Spiro because I am not able to take blood tests regularly as my doctor wants because I travel around too much. Plus, I wasn't cool with the fact it lowered my sex drive, gave me worse back aches than I had before and sort of messed up my cycle.

And thanks! I've been struggling with acne for 10+ years and honestly this is the best it has ever looked. Which is good and kind of sad at the same time...

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/09/2014 9:28 pm

Okay, so this is what is looks like about five days later..I have stopped using vitamin e oil in my face and only apply it on my neck which has a chemical burn from the BPO. Right now in these pictures I have BPO on my face. That is the white film you are seeing..

I don't think my acne looks any better...:(

post-178926-0-06343900-1410315987.jpg

post-178926-0-37486600-1410316018.jpg

post-178926-0-44774500-1410316036.jpg

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:16 am

Judging by the location of your acne I would make a educated guess it's hormonal. Personally I am on spiro and have been for almost two years and have had no issues with a film being left behind, I have very fair skin though. I would also think that if your using SPF that's something that often leads to a white film on your face. It wouldn't be the spiro causing that if it only happens after apply SPF. Have you tried Birth Control pills to control your acne before?

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/10/2014 6:15 pm

Judging by the location of your acne I would make a educated guess it's hormonal. Personally I am on spiro and have been for almost two years and have had no issues with a film being left behind, I have very fair skin though. I would also think that if your using SPF that's something that often leads to a white film on your face. It wouldn't be the spiro causing that if it only happens after apply SPF. Have you tried Birth Control pills to control your acne before?

It's not hormonal. I took a hormone test about two months ago and the only thing that was abnormal about it was I was a little high (like four points over) with DHEA-S. My doctor didn't see it as an issue and I have to agree to an extent, that four points isn't bad or overly abnormal. Everything else was perfect. I wasn't allergic to nuts, dairy, and everything seem to be okay. I was on spiro and I stopped because of the side effects.

No, the thing that is leaving white film on my skin is the BPO. My SPF that I am using works fine. I am against taking BCP so no I've never taken it and most likely never will.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:03 pm

Today my acne isn't looking any better to me...I honestly think I'm more concerned about the marks than the acne itself, but I know if I can stop the acne or reduce it, the dark spots will fade fast and stay away longer. Just ordered something else to replace my wash because I found what I have now is way too drying.

I have been looking for a BPO that offers green tea extract and aloe vera in it since I last used one years ago and it cleared up my skin in a week! I think I may have found a great alternative. After I try the product I will be asking my derm for a prescription if it works out for me. :)

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/13/2014 7:37 pm

I am getting my new face wash on Monday! I will update this on Wednesday or Thursday with pics.

My face is super dry right now from putting the BPO on all night, even with a moisturizer, my face is super dry...

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/19/2014 3:52 am

I am SO excited. No, I don't have the pictures I promised I'm going to post them next week, but I just got this NEW BPO wash that is based in aloe vera (not water) and has some green tea extract. It's SO amazing, it doesn't dry out my skin and my acne is actually going away with my acne marks. I also have a new handmade foundation that I bought online on etsy...It's by the shop OHsudz and it also has helped with my discoloration and my acne also! :)

I will be updating again soon with pics, I don't know what day this is, but I got the face wash on Monday and today is Friday.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/20/2014 10:31 am

Feeling so amazing today!

I did pop a pimple of mine the other day...but it was like a pimple/whitehead under a dark spot (piece of dead skin) on my face...does anyone else experiance something like this? It's already healing and it doesn't look like it's going to leave a scar or dark spot *knock on wood*. So happy my face is looking much better! Can't wait to post pics :)

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/21/2014 7:54 am

Okay, so here are the pictures I've promised! Please excuse my spot treatment. I am trying to get rid of my cyst or whatever it is...

That's about almost a week into using my new cleanser and I'm so happy with it! :) No more dry skin!!

post-178926-0-99466500-1411303618.jpg

post-178926-0-46390400-1411303670.jpg

post-178926-0-60745600-1411303703.jpg

post-178926-0-80064300-1411303740.jpg

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/22/2014 9:11 am

Today, I did have a few more pimple...but just whiteheads, not major and they already popped on their own and are healing.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/25/2014 9:51 am

Again, some more pimples...about two or three, but are already popped and are healing on their own. I just want to say that I love the BPO from acne.org, it's very nice, doesn't leave a white film and it's perfect for my sensitive skin. My skin is flaking where there are dark spots...Might most new pictures this weekend or next week.

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 09/27/2014 12:19 am

Keep it going. The Regimen on this site works wonders for me and I kind of regret not buying it during my Highschool years. It cleared all of my active pimple and acne, then I went after the AHA and it cleared my face and evens out my skin tone a lot. Then I got depressed because my face is cleared and my acne scars are more visible and I heard it's the most difficult to get rid of. I'm still getting adult acne here and there on my chin but nothing serious and I can treat it easily and be gone under a week. So keep fighting, your outcome will come out good!

I forgot to mention I apply the Regimen every night and in the morning though. As for the AHA I apply 5 times a week at night only, when I go to sleep and let all of my face absorb it.

Angelspit liked
MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/29/2014 4:02 am

Thanks for the kind words!! Kind of depressed though, not over the acne...but the marks that it has left...

Does anyone know how long it will take for them to fade with the aha if I applied it five/seven times a week?

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/29/2014 9:16 pm

Here are some pictures of my skin...the bottom ones are most recent...how does it look to you guys? My skin is so dry. :(

post-178926-0-17094600-1412043295.jpg

post-178926-0-77294400-1412043314.jpg

post-178926-0-14478400-1412043326.jpg

post-178926-0-98478700-1412043343.jpg

post-178926-0-24863200-1412043359.jpg

post-178926-0-91828900-1412043387.jpg

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 09/29/2014 11:33 pm

Wow impressive improvement. Keep it up. About the AHA I didn't get it and use it after a couple of weeks gone by using the Regimen. But I think the way I was using it was a little bit intensive, 5 times a week. I don't know if that was the key or not but I'd say keep it at 2 or 3 times a week like you said before.

Angelspit liked
MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 10/01/2014 12:11 am

Broke out on my jawline...and I think I'm getting a cyst on my right cheek. I tried a moisturzer that had shea butter in it and it was a no go for me. :(

MemberMember
(@sbbh)

Posted : 10/01/2014 9:18 pm

Hello Angelspit,

I actually have the answers you need to cure your acne. Let me qualify myself. I am a male that lived through acne from 12 years old to 16. The acne left after 16 because I went to a dermatologist that gave me antibiotics, x-ray, ultra violet light. Non of these things are the actual cures and they are not good for you. This man only wanted to make money from me. He told me from the start that it would take six months to stop the acne. Now, how did he know that it would take 6 months? If it took 2 weeks, do the math, this doctor would be out of business unable to pay his rent.

After all of this, the best years of my life taken away because doctors all want to make the money rather than tell you what the cure is. The cure isn't in any medicine or magic ointments. It's in what we eat. I used to notice that no matter how good I washed my face the excess oil would always come back and there would be more pimples.

Except when I would get sick with a fever I would never eat until the fever left me. In these 4 days until I felt better the acne kept going away more and more each day. I realized that it must be the food I was eating, but I knew it would come back as soon as I started eating again and it did.

My diet was crazy. From the stress of school and social stress I would run to the comfort foods (big mistake). These types of foods, ice cream, chocolate bars, milk shakes, are not your friends. I needed real friends. These kinds of foods only calmed me for a little while only to bring me more nervous energy the next day along with more pimples. Back then in the 60s acne was worse on teens because fast foods restaurants would sell foods with a lot higher fat content. They would cook french fries in lard and fry hamburgers in lard. It wasn't a good selling point when their very own workers most of which had acne. Vegetable oil is less likely to cause acne, but it will.

So, what causes acne is a high fat, high in grease diets. Now, it's hard for a teen to know what foods have the oily fat and what foods do not. You can't believe the people that have the fancy brain washing ads to tell you the truth. They have both feet in hell and just love the money too much.

The teens that drink milk even twice a week are 50% more likely to develop severe acne, I did.

I drank milk like it was water. 6 and 8 cups a day. Milk is very high in fat and hormones. It's for cows. I would eat 2 or 3 bowls of ice cream everyday and the dermatologist said that was OKAY. He was nuts.

I'd eat as much home made fudge as I wanted to. I loved pecan nuts. They are good for you, but only in moderation. I didn't know moderation. My family never spoke that word.

Here it is, learn to eat vegetables every day religiously. I mean it. Remember this, "Think good about yourself and eat good food." That's right, "Think good about yourself and eat good food." Vegetables are full of good nutrients that you desperately need.

I have two boys that both started to get acne. They loved to eat chocolate and other junk foods. Once I got them to eat better their acne when away.

These fad acne cures will never cure anything. It's all hype and brain washing.

There is a true story of a girl that went on vacation. To save money she decided she would just eat sardines. When the girl came back home her parents and friends kept saying how nice her complexion looked. This girl had cured her acne with a change of diet. Less and simple was the trick here.

You can buy sardines for a dollar in a 4 oz can. Sardines have 25% of your daily requirement of calcium because the bones are in the fish, but they dissolve somehow in the canning process. Calcium is very important for calming the mind and satisfying the appetite. Most people will get used to the strong taste if they will fry sardines in some vegetable oil. Once the pan is hot put the fish in on top of onions. Then after you have cooked them but don't burn them put ketchup and mustard on them. Top is off with Premium saltine crackers or Ritz crackers. You will get used to this. You might not want them everyday, then again you might.

Steam broccoli and asparagus for 20 minutes after the steam starts coming out from the lid. At this point turn down the flame to low.

I like Cardini's Caesar salad dressing on the broccoli and asparagus to make it taste better. Cardini's has all natural ingredients of herbs and spices, even has eggs in it. Don't use too much because you have to go easy on the oil.

Eat tossed salads daily. Go to a salad bar to learn how to make your salad, get inspired. Buy frozen mixed vegetables, they are good for you. These raw veggies will dilute the oils in the food you eat. People that eat vegetables always have healthy looking skin and you will to.

All you have to do to stop your acne is to cut off the food or supplements that are causing the acne, that's all. You don't need vitamins. They will get you out of balance real fast and make you nervous and give you insomnia. Better skin always comes after a good nights sleep, so eat in a way that allows you to sleep.

Lean meat like ground sirloin, fish, chicken, ham. It's all good. Beans are another good source of protein. See, I've told you what the good foods are. Now go buy them and eat them. You are what you eat.

The oily supplements I see people buying are the Omega 3, flake seed oil, fish oil vitamin A&D, etc. Don't buy it. An article even said that flak seed oil will give you acne. Vitamin E oil always gives young guys in the gym acne, even the ones that are beyond their years for having acne. It makes the acne come right back. Avoid much butter. Butter can raise some really bad acne.

Avoid all dairy. You don't absorb much calcium from dairy products of any kind whether it be milk shakes, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, Jamba juice, yogurt. It's all bad for you. The AMA has done some very long term and expensive studies to prove that the more milk you drink the weaker you bones will get. This study was done on 80,000 nurses. Yet, they will also says that milk is a great source of calcium, not.

I hope this info has helped you. It has worked for my two sons, Brian and Jeff.

Please email me back with results and questions at [removed].

Stan

MemberMember
(@sbbh)

Posted : 10/01/2014 11:08 pm

As far as soft drinks go. A lot of teens drink them and a lot of teens have diabetes, very unfortunate. Drinking a coke for instants is like drinking sugar water. It is way over the moderation point, and coke is full of caffeine. I watched a friend of mine as he drank a coke on a hot summers day. Pretty soon his skin had become oily, not just sweaty, but oily. The caffeine in that amount in the summer heat over stimulates the oil glands. He also had acne on his back and shoulders and he was about 35 at the time. Too much sugar and caffeine can over stimulates and just push a person too hard. It's another drink that's excessive. Not good for the teeth or the complexion.

I knew a man once that told me when he had a paper route as a kid of 12 he went to the dentist. Dentist said he had 10 cavities. He had to pay for the fillings out of his own money he made on the paper route. After that he stopped eating candy and sweets. I asked him how his teeth are. He smiled and said he hadn't had a cavity since. His teeth looked great and he was 70 years old at the time.

Getting back to acne, there are a lot of people that had acne as teens. Later in life the poor diet that they still have give them high blood pressure, and heart disease. A smart diet of eating good food in moderation is very important and shouldn't be over looked.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 10/04/2014 1:15 pm

Here is an update!

post-178926-0-33021800-1412446455.jpg

post-178926-0-27442600-1412446500.jpg

MemberMember
(@sbbh)

Posted : 10/06/2014 9:07 pm

Wow, that's some improvement. You must be very happy. Looks like it will totally clear up. Congratulations!!

Stan

Angelspit liked
MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 10/08/2014 12:36 am

I've been really stressed out a lot...broke out with two pimples on my forehead (a place I rarely break out) because of it. :/ Stll doing the same thing to my skin and added two more products to use once a week, replaced others, got rid of some.

I'll post my full regimen in a couple of days.

Wow, that's some improvement. You must be very happy. Looks like it will totally clear up. Congratulations!!

Stan

Thanks! :)