Notifications
Clear all

Understand & Cure Acne- The Skin Is Used For Excretion!

MemberMember
(@tamil)

Posted : 09/05/2014 11:37 pm

As an acne sufferer for the past 20 years I finally found an explanation/ cure that's worth looking into.

Acne is the result when Our body uses the skin as the last resort to eliminate waste (toxins, germs, any other unwanted stuff). That is, our body has tried to eliminate the waste/toxins through the usual channels and we have not allowed it.

Our body's immune system has a few ways to eliminate germs and any unwanted harmful stuff by Sneezing, cold, fever, loose bowels. Some people will notice that their skin clears up during fever/colds. This is because the unwanted stuff is getting out of the body. If we don't allow this elimination then then we are withholding waste and the skin will be forced to eliminate it.

Constipation is another way to withhold waste. When we have improper digestion we constipate. A ton of waste is clogged up. After this clogging most of us will catch a cold. The body tries to eliminate the waste by giving a cold. A sneeze can eliminate many germs. Now when we try to suppress a cold with medicines, we are not allowing the elimination. Next the body raises the temperature and causes a fever. The raised temperature will kill the germs. When we don't allow the fever to take its course we have blocked another elimination channel. Then the body gives us loose bowels. When we suppress a diarrhoea we again withhold the waste. Finally, the body having been blocked on all attempts, tries to eliminate the waste through the skin. If we do not allow this elimination, we will surely get more serious health issues including tumors and cancer(as a result of more accumulation of waste). I am sure acne sufferers have suppressed one or more of the above waste elimination channels by taking medicines for cold, sinus, fever, allergies etc. Or suffer from

Poor digestion. I used to suffer from frequent colds, perennial allergy issues, and fevers. Yes I took medication for all of this and accumulated the waste inside my body.

So to cure acne

1. Get ur constipation cured. Allow for proper digestion. I will explain how to eat right for ensuring proper digestion.

2. If u catch a cold / fever allow the elimination to take it's natural course. Our tongue is a good doctor. Listen to it. Our tongue tastes bitter during fever and we don't feel like eating anything. It is better to listen to the tongue and not eat anything. That way, no energy is spent in digestion and all energy goes to fighting off the germs. If u feel like having fluids, do that. The best medicine for fever is to close your eyes and lie down.

3. If you get diarrhoea allow a few loose bowel movements and let the body take it's natural path to heal. When the stomach is empty your body will have eliminated most of the waste and will begin to heal.

Our body is not an idiot that requires tons of medications and external interventions to function properly. Left alone, any existing acne will heal without the help of benzoyl persoxides and sal.acids. Just as how our body knows to heal cuts, burns, and broken bones a raised acne is no exception. To prevent further breakouts you have follow the above said three points.

Now comes the best part. What causes constipation and how to eliminate it?

Digestion is the process of separating the nutrients from the waste. Whatever you eat, it is important to eat right. By eating right I mean the method of eating and not the content.

1. It is best to sit on the floor and cross your legs. This will restrict the blood to the lower body and more blood will circulate in the abdomen area. This stomach gets good nutrition for digestion. If you cannot sit on floor then sit on the chair but don't hang your legs.

2. Include all six tastes in a meal( sweet, sour, salt, bitter, hot- pepper or chilli, thuvarpu- don't know the equivalent english word, but this is basically the taste of olives). Start with sweet first. (One date fruit/a piece of apple). Sweet will get the stomach ready for digestion.

3. Do not drink water while eating, do not drink water half an hour before and half an hour after eating. Drinking water will dilute the digestive enzymes and the hydro chloric acid and food will not be digested well. I want to stress this point because this is the number one cause of constipation and hence acne and all other diseases. Improper digestion means the waste is not separated from the nutrients and so the good stuff cannot be absorbed by the body and the bad stuff cannot be eliminated.

4. While chewing close your mouth. Do not let air go inside. Chew well to make a nice paste and then swallow. Air will prevent good digestion.

5. While eating look at the food and eat. Do not watch TV or read or book. Doing so will not allow proper secretion of the digestive juices.

When you eat right like this, you will have a small burp. This means the digestive juices have started to act on the food and the gas comes out through the cardiac sphincter. If you feel full at this point then stop. If you feel you need more food to withstand a forthcoming long meeting or something then eat some more. Again you will burp. This is a good sign. It means digestion has started. After eating don't drink water immediately. Drink after half an hour.

If the above explanation makes any sense then try it. It doesn't involve buying expensive products. It is a change in our habits and doesn't cost money. When we get into this habit food will digest well and the waste will be separated well and eliminated well. The blood that is now generated will be fresh and clean.

Blood is the transporter of nutrients. When we have improper digestion , we don't have clean blood. This means our internal organs are feeding on impure blood resulting in all kinds of health issues including acne. Our body's natural ability to heal is compromised. So you will see that acne takes a longer time to heal. Scars take longer to fade. Good digestion is crucial for clear skin.

Before criticising this idea I suggest you try this method for one month atleast. I'm sure you will notice a change in your skin and overall health. You will get your blood sugar level under control, and many chronic aches and allergies will slowly begin to disappear.

Modern science tells us to include all kinds of fibrous foods in our diet but you may wonder why we are still not able to empty our bowels even once a a day( that's the bare minimum). I read many posts here where people have eaten a ton of oranges and prunes and are still constipated. That's because no one told us not to drink water while, before and after eating. It's very sad to see many sites offering advice to drink water before and during eating for good digestion. We don't have blades or stones in our stomach that needs water for lubrication. Our digestion is purely a chemical process and water dilutes chemicals.

Before eating food, there is a way to just spray-wet the throat without letting the water enter the stomach. This is a common technique that many Hindu families will follow. I will post that later.

Thanks for reading.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/08/2014 7:50 am

This is mostly voodoo. There is a lot of science behind and, and it's becoming apparent that the cause is almost always immune dysfunction in some form.

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 09/09/2014 12:12 am

The skin is not an eliminatory organ in this manner. It's role in the excretory system is minimal and passive. "Toxins" and germs are never excreted through the skin. The only waste that is excreted through the skin is water, but the term waste in this sense is a normal byproduct of metabolic processes.

Digestive problems can lead to problems with skin - but that is because digestive problems can cause systemic inflammation and hormonal imbalances.

The one thing I would agree with is that yes, drinking too many fluids before, during and after a meal can reduce stomach acid and make digestion more difficult.

MemberMember
(@tamil)

Posted : 09/12/2014 3:43 pm

The skin is not an eliminatory organ in this manner. It's role in the excretory system is minimal and passive. "Toxins" and germs are never excreted through the skin. The only waste that is excreted through the skin is water, but the term waste in this sense is a normal byproduct of metabolic processes.

The stuff that is inside a cystic acne is basically unwanted bacteria,toxic blood and WBCs. Right? So the body has pushed these things out through the skin! In that sense I guess we could say that the skin is used as an organ of excretion.

Digestive problems can lead to problems with skin - but that is because digestive problems can cause systemic inflammation and hormonal imbalances.

Ok, so how do you solve the problem of inflamed

Gut? Eating the right kind of food is one part of the equation and eating it in the right way as said in the post seems to complete that equation.

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 09/12/2014 8:38 pm

The stuff that is inside a cystic acne is basically unwanted bacteria,toxic blood and WBCs. Right? So the body has pushed these things out through the skin! In that sense I guess we could say that the skin is used as an organ of excretion.

Ok, so how do you solve the problem of inflamed

Gut? Eating the right kind of food is one part of the equation and eating it in the right way as said in the post seems to complete that equation.

No, that is not how it works. Acne is not the result of the body pushing things out through the skin. What is inside an acneic pore did not start off "inside the body", so it is not being eliminated through the skin.

An acne cyst starts with dead skin cells and oxidized oil - which originated in the pore. When those things block the opening of your pore, bacteria, which live in your skin, start to multiply because it is a prime environment. All this causes an infection, which causes inflammation. The body reacts to the inflammation and bacteria build up by sending white blood cells.

I have no idea what you mean by "toxic blood" - regardless, there is no toxic blood involved. It is only your body's natural response to the local infection. Your body isn't getting rid of anything through the skin other than what is going on in the skin.

What links digestive problems to skin problems is that the systemic (whole body) inflammation and hormonal imbalances that can result from an inflamed gut weaken the body's overall immune system and put stress on your skin's ability to heal and deal with infection. Through a series of chain reactions, it can also change the chemical composition of your skin's oil, cause your skin to produce more oil, and speed up skin cell growth in side a pore - all of which leads to pores being more likely to become blocked.

Eating well can help with an inflamed digestive system, yes - but it isn't necessarily the only part of the equation. Other factors affect gut health, such as stress and sleep.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/13/2014 2:33 am

Lol

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/13/2014 8:38 am

This is mostly voodoo. There is a lot of science behind and, and it's becoming apparent that the cause is almost always immune dysfunction in some form.

what if my blood is great and i have no inflammation and have good immunity?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/13/2014 9:01 am

Then you don't have acne

tamil liked
MemberMember
(@tamil)

Posted : 09/13/2014 11:42 am

BrianneG,

I'm having trouble with this quote thing so I'm just going to copy and paste from your post.

" What is inside an acneic pore did not start off "inside the body", so it is not being eliminated through the skin."

This explanation may be applicable to non-cystic acne. Three things that make me question this theory for cystic acne:

1. If acne started at the pore then why aren't cleansers and soaps clearing the dead cells? We should agree that people who have acne take more effort to do deep pore cleansing than others. If necessary I'm sure we will even scrub our faces every hour to clear the dead cells. :)

2. Why is it that only some people's pores are blocked with dead cells? There are people who have taken the no soap challenge and still have No breakouts. It seems like others' skin cells are doing a great job of generating, dying, eliminating and regenerating. Please don't say it's genetic. Blaming it on genes seems like a dead end and a hopeless pursuit.

3. There are people whose skin is fine during teenage years and then they break out as adults. The skin had dying cells even during teens and somehow it managed to do a smooth job of dying and getting eliminated..!

So I am not convinced that acne, specifically cystic type is starting at the pore and that it is not related to something else inside the body. What we see happening in the pore is the last event in the chain of events that happened inside the body.

"I have no idea what you mean by "toxic blood" - regardless, there is no toxic blood involved. "

Blood matters. Blood is the link between digestion issues and acne.

Blood is the carrier of nutrients. Cells need nourishment and they take the minerals (nutrients) in the blood - Iron, calcium, glucose, sodium etc. Every organ is made of cells that take nourishment from the blood.

Where does blood get these minerals? From the food we eat. Food has good and bad stuff. During digestion the good is separated from the bad and the villi absorbs the good nutrients. If the food is not digested well then the waste is not separated, the good and bad are stuck to each other. This results in "contaminated" minerals being absorbed by the villi and dumped in the blood. This is how blood becomes "impure"(maybe I shouldn't use the word toxic, sounds far more dangerous) Now when the organs feed on this blood we get disease in that organ. I agree with you, the ability of the body to heal itself gets weakened. So when the skin takes nourishment from this blood, the skin loses it's ability to repair itself.

But digestion issues alone doesn't explain the acne. There are people who have turned to natural and green foods and have a great functioning gut and still break out in painful cysts. So I think there is another way that blood is contaminated. Which is through suppressing cold and fevers. When our immune system functions normally, we eliminate germs through fever or cold or diarrhoea. What happens to these germs when they are not allowed to go out of the body through these normal routes ? (When we take medicines for fevers and suppress it )You tell me.

Maybe I'm wrong and you have a better explanation.

MemberMember
(@tamil)

Posted : 09/13/2014 12:31 pm

Modern science is very very limited in understanding acne/holistic healing.

Great! Then you are probably free of all diseases.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/13/2014 3:59 pm

Then you don't have acne

r u trying to say im wrong with my diagnosis or r u saying tht im hving something else than acne on me?

bcs i hv pimples, clogged pores, poor healing n regenerating of redmarks, also a cyst sometimes n just everything else lol

apart from shitty skin n uglytus deformus fuckfaceitis im healthy as a horse!!!! retard body couldve use all this health n energy sources to fix my face instead!

n i honestly dnt remember when i had a fever or flu last time which i btw miss bcs during those times i actually got clear n better looking!!!

(there even was thread abt this effect on here)

now how did my immunity suddenly had enough power to also deal with my face in such a crisis situation u tell me?

shit makes no sense!!!!

MemberMember
(@tamil)

Posted : 09/13/2014 7:51 pm

Then you don't have acne

r u trying to say im wrong with my diagnosis or r u saying tht im hving something else than acne on me?

bcs i hv pimples, clogged pores, poor healing n regenerating of redmarks, also a cyst sometimes n just everything else lol

apart from shitty skin n uglytus deformus fuckfaceitis im healthy as a horse!!!! retard body couldve use all this health n energy sources to fix my face instead!

n i honestly dnt remember when i had a fever or flu last time which i btw miss bcs during those times i actually got clear n better looking!!!

(there even was thread abt this effect on here)

now how did my immunity suddenly had enough power to also deal with my face in such a crisis situation u tell me?

shit makes no sense!!!!

Two questions:

1. Are you taking constant medication for any other ailment. ? Like for thyroid? Or rhinitis? Or anything else? Hormonal imbalance medication ? Any other health supplements?? Something other than organic food??

2. Do you drink water while eating food , half hour before food and half hour after food ?

Good Sleep, breathing fresh air ( even while sleeping), exercise, and mind are also issues that matter. But first we have to figure out why the blood is 'unclean'. I'm not surprised that your skin looks better during fever. The unwanted stuff is getting out of your body. I hope you are not taking any medicines to suppress the fever. One of the ways in which our immune system eliminates waste from the body is by raising the temparature of the body. This increase in temp is known to kill some germs. So during fever your immune system killed the germs and there was no need to push anything out through the skin.

Acnewonderland, if you still have painful bumps then there is something wrong with what you are doing to your body. What you eat, the air you breathe (locking ourselves in a room with no constant replenishment of oxygen) , how you sleep. ...My guess is you are probably drinking water while eating.

My theory is you don't need a million creams and harsh medicines for having good skin. Nature did not intend this lifetime dependancy for us. We should be able to eat good food and life a healthy life. If someone says they cured acne by using products .. It is only temporary and acne is not cured. If we are depending on products to keep skin acne free then we should not call it a "cure".

I forgot to ask :

Do you close your mouth when you chew food? Do you chew well and make a fine paste before swallowing?

Are you able to empty your bowels as soon as you wake up ?

MemberMember
(@tamil)

Posted : 09/13/2014 10:22 pm

Dumbest thread ever.

Ok what's your brightest explanation for acne?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/13/2014 11:41 pm

no bcs my thyroids fine, my livers fine, my kidneys fine, i hv no inflammation n immunity issues, my blood is fine.
however i hv increased uric acid, a bit too low vit d3 n elevated 1 hormone which im fine with. bt i hv 60% of my face with clogged pores n acne breaking out on random places on face.
i take d3, a, c, b (1,2,3,5,6,12,biotin), omega 3, zinc citrate
no i dnt drink during food almost allways, if i do its few sips which is ok. i wait ~20-30 min after drink to eat n wait at least 1-2 hrs after food to drink. ive done this regimen for milion yrs now. it improves digestion i guess bt it does nothing to acne. also if u drink together with food i think u just gotta eat less or eat more bt drink less
i sleep when i want n how much i want p much. my windows opened all the time
im freaking a chewing machine n make finest pasta possible! r u srs?
ugh just whenever...bt no i dnt hv a regimen nd calculated timing of when to go poop just yet o~o is tht it?
well so???
nyway can it rly b caused by single hormone?
MemberMember
(@tamil)

Posted : 09/14/2014 3:24 am

", my blood is fine. "

--- any disease in the body indicates that the blood is not clean. Impurities in the blood prevent the body from functioning normally.

however i hv increased uric acid,

--- this is not a good sign. But this will come back to Normal when we figure out what is disrupting the normal functioning of your kidney. That's the good thing about holistic healing. When you correct a fundamental problem everything else will fall in place.

"no i dnt drink during food almost allways, if i do its few sips which is ok."

---No, not okay !!! Never drink water during food.

i wait ~20-30 min after drink to eat n wait at least 1-2 hrs after food to drink. ive done this regimen for milion yrs now. it improves digestion i guess bt it does nothing to acne.

---improved digestion means how? Did it help regularise bowel movements?

"also if u drink together with food i think u just gotta eat less or eat more bt drink less"

-- NEVER drink water along with food. In fact, keep your water bottle far away.

"i sleep when i want n how much i want p much. my windows opened all the time"

-- super!

"im freaking a chewing machine n make finest pasta possible! r u srs?"

-- excellent! yes I'm super serious. Not chewing well will lead to partially digestion in the stomach. Also don't let air into the food pipe. This air will seriously hinder digestion, fill up the intestines and will cause constipation.

"ugh just whenever...bt no i dnt hv a regimen nd calculated timing of when to go poop just yet o~o is tht it?"

--- there... You are constipated. Digestion is not going on fine. Nutrients are not separated properly from junk. Constipation is the killer. It is the root cause of not just acne but a host of other diseases. Modern science is beginning to recognize this link. The body is not able to eliminate junk through regular bowel movements and hence some of it pushed it out through the skin.

Also I had said in my initial post, improper digestion loads the blood with 'undigested' or 'unclean' nutrients which goes to the rest of the body and disrupts the functions of other organs. Healing and repairs take a longer time. Kidneys are also made of cells that die and regenerate regularly. So in your case the kidney is constantly trying to heal itself but it is not finding the correct nutrients or clean nutrients in the blood. If you correct your constipation then uric acid should come back to normal.

Balanced meal is including all six tastes in the natural form (not processed food). Whenever you can please Include all six tastes in your diet. If you are craving salty food by all means have it (not saltine crackers. I mean salt in your real food). If you are craving sweet then have fruits.

Anyway, You must be able to 'go' as soon as you get up. I know our medical field argues otherwise but then again they have not been able to successfully eliminate acne.

If you are allowing few sips of liquids (soups, water, juice, sodas etc) during food please stop it. Few sips are going to dilute the digestive enzymes that much and spoil digestion that much.

Also I'm assuming you are not consuming processed food and white flour. Pease stick to natural food. Fruits, veggies, grains the usual. Also I'm assuming that you are eating only when you are hungry. No intake during the digestion.

Give it two weeks and see if digestion improves.

When you are able to have bowel movement as soon as you wake up then you are in perfect health and your acne will go away, your uric acid level will come back to normal and hormones will balance itself out.

Now since you are having this condition for a long period of time, your intestines probably have some hard stools sticking to the walls. I would start with a strong lax on empty stomach first.

"nyway can it rly b caused by single hormone?"

-- no I don't think so. Whatever is causing the acne is causing the hormonal imbalance.

Sorry for this lengthy post. I hope you will find atleast a teensy bit of something useful.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/14/2014 10:25 am

", my blood is fine. "
--- any disease in the body indicates that the blood is not clean. Impurities in the blood prevent the body from functioning normally.
well how do u know wether ur blood is unclean, i did those tests n like everythings fine with hemoglobin etc bt how to test if its unclean?

however i hv increased uric acid,
--- this is not a good sign. But this will come back to Normal when we figure out what is disrupting the normal functioning of your kidney. That's the good thing about holistic healing. When you correct a fundamental problem everything else will fall in place.
my kidney is supposed to b fine, how am i supposed to know if it isnt? wht test shows tht n y would it do nything with acne at all?

---No, not okay !!! Never drink water during food.

its rly nt tht big of a deal, in fact u need a bit liquid during food too bcs too dry food is nt k too nd ppl eat soup n broth, its like food + liquid b its still considered healthy etc

---improved digestion means how? Did it help regularise bowel movements?

idk, i just dnt get fat n bloated, nly tht...it just kinda feels so, idk how to explain. it is said tht drinking during food dilutes digestive acids therfor slowing down digestion. thts all i know

--- there... You are constipated. Digestion is not going on fine. Nutrients are not separated properly from junk. Constipation is the killer. It is the root cause of not just acne but a host of other diseases. Modern science is beginning to recognize this link. The body is not able to eliminate junk through regular bowel movements and hence some of it pushed it out through the skin.
Also I had said in my initial post, improper digestion loads the blood with 'undigested' or 'unclean' nutrients which goes to the rest of the body and disrupts the functions of other organs. Healing and repairs take a longer time. Kidneys are also made of cells that die and regenerate regularly. So in your case the kidney is constantly trying to heal itself but it is not finding the correct nutrients or clean nutrients in the blood. If you correct your constipation then uric acid should come back to normal.
oh i just remembered y i came to this post in a first place. y in the hell would face excrete anything at all on face???? y not on belly, hands, anywhere rly. why the most important thing face? n like it rly moves all the shit from ur rektum back up aaall the way specially to face???

Also I'm assuming you are not consuming processed food and white flour. Pease stick to natural food. Fruits, veggies, grains the usual. Also I'm assuming that you are eating only when you are hungry. No intake during the digestion.

yeaaa bt im nt some disabled devastated old cancer diabetes pensioneer, y should i eat like tht? wht is the point behind all of this? am i rly tht diseased inside to b eating like this? then wtf is so so wrong with me? idk nyone irl who eats like this super pure at all..

Give it two weeks and see if digestion improves.

i been on diets millionbillion times it does almost absolutely nothing!!

When you are able to have bowel movement as soon as you wake up then you are in perfect health and your acne will go away, your uric acid level will come back to normal and hormones will balance itself out.

k so would like taking probiotics fix this? wht kind of do i need then?

thnx ofc for looking into my case bt im just rly doubtful abt all this. i rly doubt its kidneys or going to toilet thing, mayb its blood thing, it cant be acid bcs it goes up n down bt im hving acne allways. so its either blood either tht 1 hormone unless theres smth more idk abt bt then wht kind of tests should i do nd of wht???

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 09/14/2014 12:03 pm

"1. If acne started at the pore then why aren't cleansers and soaps clearing the dead cells? We should agree that people who have acne take more effort to do deep pore cleansing than others. If necessary I'm sure we will even scrub our faces every hour to clear the dead cells. "

Cleansers don't penetrate pores. They remove surface oil and dirt. The initial trigger happens deep inside a pore. All breakouts, regardless if it's a small whitehead pimple, a black head or cystic acne - start with skin cell build up (often triggered by deep, but tiny, inflammation). If the build up is large enough, it can clog the pore deeper. In which case no cleanser could ever help, because again, those work very superficially. The reaction to this deeper clog can sometimes be more severe, and rather than moving up, it goes down, deeper into the skin where it causes more damage and the body reacts stronger, resulting in cystic acne.

Let me address the next question I assume you're going to ask - then how come the products that are made to prevent skin cell build up, and penetrate the pore deeper, don't always work? Sometimes the product actually triggers the reaction. The ingredients don't just target pores that are blocked, they go to work in all pores. The product "going to work" in an area where it isn't needed can often cause oxidative and inflammatory damage within a perfectly fine pore which leads to skin cell build up.

There are also a lot of moving parts when it comes to what initially triggers inflammation and build up inside a pore, and products can't always address each factor. For example, if the skin is highly sensitive to inflammation and other factors are leading to increased oil production, oxidation and skin cell build up - the products just sometimes cannot keep up with demand so to speak.

2. Why is it that only some people's pores are blocked with dead cells? There are people who have taken the no soap challenge and still have No breakouts. It seems like others' skin cells are doing a great job of generating, dying, eliminating and regenerating. Please don't say it's genetic. Blaming it on genes seems like a dead end and a hopeless pursuit.

That's like asking me how come some people have blonde hair and some people don't - but telling me I can't say genetics... :/

Here are some of the things that contribute to a pore becoming block and turning into a pimple:

- Excess oil production

- Composition of oil is higher in squalene

- Faster skin cell growth

- Hyperkeratosis

- Skin more sensitive to P.Acnes bacteria

- Skin more sensitive to androgens

- Lower blood levels antioxidants

All of those things can be genetic. Genetics are not the only factor, but that doesn't mean you just dismiss them. It is not a dead end nor is it hopeless, because genes really only determines your propensity to have breakouts. Your likelihood. You have things working against you, but learning what they are and how to deal with them as best you can helps immensely. It's the different between fighting a bear and fighting an invisible monster. Once you know what you're dealing with, you can deal.

"3. There are people whose skin is fine during teenage years and then they break out as adults. The skin had dying cells even during teens and somehow it managed to do a smooth job of dying and getting eliminated..!"

Again, there are a lot of moving parts that can result in acne. Just a small list of things that can contribute: changes in stress levels (physical or psychological), changes in diet, changes in environment, other health factors and illnesses, hormonal disorders, products, insulin resistance. There are so many factors to consider it's hard to say what changes lead to having acne.

My first guess as to why someone has adult acne, but didn't as a teen - is usually insulin resistance. Years of minor stress, that doesn't seem like a big deal over all but has hormonal consequences none the less, can lead to insulin resistance. So can years of a bad diet, or even a not ideal diet that's pretty ok, but has a factor or two that's not so great. Years of a digestive problem, even a very minor one, can have the same result.

All of those can lead to excess insulin in the body. Usually not a whole lot, but a small amount. Enough that, when we're young, the body can cope. But eventually cells start to become resistant to insulin, causing other chain reactions that lead to excess androgens in the system, leading to acne. Why it leads to acne is probably due to genetics. Someone with different genetics may have the same factors lead to diabetes, or weight gain, or a combination of things, or something else entirely.

This is just one possibility. Again, there are many factors at play.

My original statement is that skin is NOT an eliminatory organ in the way you are describing. Many factors can contribute to a pore getting blocked - but the body's reaction to a blocked pore has nothing to do with eliminating anything from within the body through the skin. Acne can be a sign of internal issues, just like a check engine light is a sign of something going wrong with the motor. But the skin isn't eliminating the "problem" any more than a check engine light helps the engine.

If you are sick this leads to the body using more of it's antioxidant stores. If the body is using those stores to fight infections inside the body, it has fewer available to help with the inflammation inside the skin.

If you have digestive problems, this also can causes systemic inflammation, leading to lower levels of antioxidants, leading to more breakouts.

And any sort of stress on the body, whether it be physical or emotional, produces cortisol, which leads to higher levels of insulin, which leads to higher levels of free androgens, which leads to more oil production, higher rates of skin cell shedding, and higher rates of inflammation. Not to mention skin cell receptors become more sensitive to androgens during times of stress, so the whole reaction is more likely to occur.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/22/2014 3:08 am

bump

jst answer abt probiotics pls nd why excretes nything on face?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/08/2014 3:43 am

PH balancing.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 10/09/2014 6:38 am

Wow.. lots of pseudoscience in this thread. I do not even know how to respond....but i do have to laugh though about sitting with legs crossed as i am now. It does not restrict blood flow to the extent you think unless you want to apply a tourniquet to your lower abdomen. You do not want restricted blood flow or backed up blood flow through the mesenteric vasculature for many reasons i care not to explain.

Want to promote the GI, maybe understand how it works. Read about the parasympathetic nervous system and the actions of epinephrine and norepinephrine.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/18/2014 5:17 am

A lot of people also do not know the role histamines can play in digestion and inflammation. You can't go wrong with a low histamine diet.

MemberMember
(@excelz)

Posted : 10/22/2014 5:28 pm

I completely agree with OP's advice. I recently just started doing number 2 on a daily basis (yeah everyday), whether or not I have to go. Even if you don't have to use the bathroom, just sit on the toilet even for a few minutes, I bet you'll release something. Don't get me wrong, this is an embarassing subject, but ever since I started doing this, my acne and redness started to disappear (no kidding!) and I have rosacea so it really made a difference in my skin so far. I've been taking antibiotics for the inflammations I have because of Rosacea and applying a gel for acne my dermatologist gave me for the past few days, but he said it won't start working until after a month so, so it definitely can't be the gel. I honestly believe my acne and redness disappearance is because of my constipation (which I've had for oh so long) And I have more energy, get angry less (constipation can mess with your emotions), get sick less, and I feel better overall. Try to change your diet so you can go to the bathroom atleast once daily, so far its been working for me, so try it out! Constipation is bad for the body anyways!