Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Tell That You Are Actually Moisturised By A Product

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/05/2014 11:34 am

im asking bcs obv we all want moisturiser tht is max moisturising bt how do u actually tell it works nt just sits on top of ur skin or gets absorbed temporarily??
do u actually feel it somehow?
the thing is, i discovered in our fridge tht mom has somekinda organic under eye serum, so i decided to try it out. at first i used on under eyes as its supposed to bt then i kinda liked the effect n thought y nt on all face n im nt sure bt it i guess felt? like it was moisturising (bt im nt sure thts y asking this question) so i plan to use it as a moisturiser?
also if we r able to tell by a feel tht product is moisturising we could b able to find better products nt just by buying things tht r actually called moisturiser cos mayb theres things tht r better at it thn moisturisers itself cos this one felt so n ive used several moisturisers before...
MemberMember
(@scrummy94)

Posted : 09/05/2014 11:57 pm

Hey so I've always had pretty clear skin

Last year I changed my facial wash and it didn't suit me.and ever since that I kept gettting tiny pimples and whiteheads.went to the derm and he prescribed me Accutane 10mg.

So far it's been a month,there's been dryness on face but lips are fine also I haven't had any major breakouts,iam now on my second month.and I plan on taking this small dose for the next six months atleast.what do u say people?

Oh and I use garnier light Facewash,suits me fine and shiso moisture lotion from body shop :)

Also if anyone would recommend a good sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/06/2014 6:32 am

pls learn to read, this is nt the place to ask tht, go the fk away from here n make ur own thread...

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 09/07/2014 2:48 pm

I believe if you "feel" the moisturizer just sitting on top of your skin, you'll know that it's not meant for you.

I tried to the Vichy Moisturizer and I could literally feel it sitting on top of my skin. And when I went to wash my face I could actually see and feel the moisturizer washing off. I don't think this is what a moisturizer should be doing.

I now use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer, and I'd like to believe in moisturizes. I'm a guy, so I'm not 100% sure what a moisturizer should feel like. But I don't feel it sitting on my skin, I do believe it's actually sinking into the skin the moment I apply it. And when I wash my face, I don't see any moisturizer coming off.

Not sure if this helps :/
Try to read reviews online about the moisturizer you are using. Although not everyone's skin is the same, your reactions to a product will be close to what others think of it :)

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:07 pm

I'm a guy, so I'm not 100% sure what a moisturizer should feel like. But I don't feel it sitting on my skin, I do believe it's actually sinking into the skin the moment I apply it. And when I wash my face, I don't see any moisturizer coming off.

do u mean u hv tht thick skin tht u rnt sure how it should feel like? if its tht thick idk whats the point for a moisturiser then cos it probs wont go tht deep nyway..

also y r u washing ur skin after moisturiser? i dnt think ur supposed to do tht/ ull just wash it off n there was no point for it then?

ND AT ALL mayb we all r just moistrising the very top layers tht get shedded rly soon nyway?

how much and what to apply so it would go deeper?

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 09/07/2014 4:34 pm

I don't wash it off immediately, lmao thats just stupid.
I'm talking about washing it off at night or in the morning.

The Vichy moisturizer I used it was LITERALLY staying on the top of my skin. And at night when I wash my face I would literally feel and see that layer of moisturizer come off.

My skin is not thick at all, infact it is actually fairly thin.

You should apply a pea-amount of moisturizer... you can put more if you want, depending how absorbment and dry your skin is. If you want it to go "deeper", you have to gently rub the moisturizer on your face in circular motions. This will allow the moisturizer to penetrate further into the skin's layer.

If you see Dan's regimen video, you see that he very lightly rubs the moisturizer into his skin. Don't do it too hard, as you'll only irritate your skin and end up causing a pimple. After you've rubbed it gently, let the moisturizer start doing it job. Let the moisturizer sink into your skin by itself.

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 09/07/2014 6:32 pm

Make sure you use an oil-free moisturiser. You can use as much as you want as it wont affect your acne in a negative way. A moisturiser takes the dryness away from your skin making it feel smoother and hydrated.

Spots can often form because your skin is flaking due to dryness and so using a oil-free moisturiser is a must, it should help reduce your acne. You don't need to put the moistriser directly on acne spots however, just on the areas where you dont have spots.