Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QuinnMorgendorffer

Can A Gynecologist Help Me?

My appointment is soon and I am worried that they will suggest synthetic hormones.

my mom goes to the same lady and she is doing some weird treatment where they insert a little rice sized pill into an incision on her butt/lower back. (it sounds like the lady doesn't just prescribe trial and error bc)

I guess what I'm asking is.. will a gynecologist be able to help me if I am against BC and synthetic hormones?

My appointment is soon and I am worried that they will suggest synthetic hormones.

my mom goes to the same lady and she is doing some weird treatment where they insert a little rice sized pill into an incision on her butt/lower back. (it sounds like the lady doesn't just prescribe trial and error bc)

I guess what I'm asking is.. will a gynecologist be able to help me if I am against BC and synthetic hormones?

It sounds like your mom is getting HRT (hormone replacement therapy). They typically do this with women in perimenopause or menopause.

I doubt she would suggest the same treatment for you. They will probably put you on a hormonal birth control pill or they may suggest a progesterone cream. All hormonal birth control contains synthetic hormones (though that doesn't always mean it's bad for you). Most non-prescription progesterone creams are naturally derived.

So if you are against BC the only thing they could do is give you a natural progesterone cream...which you could get without a prescription or an appointment anyway.

Edited by Green Gables