Notifications
Clear all

Best Way To Cover Huge Pores

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/04/2014 12:16 pm

so whats the best way ? mineral powder ?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/04/2014 12:45 pm

u gotta put on this

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/04/2014 3:58 pm

i dont need trolls here

MemberMember
(@chloemooney)

Posted : 09/19/2014 11:50 am

Does makeup make acne worse?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 09/30/2014 11:08 am

I'm noticing the bigger they get the more makeup makes them noticable. I would look into to starting with something like this http://www.amazon.com/Maybelline-Instant-Eraser-Primer-Fluid/dp/B00H56KCUU You can get it at drugstores. I like primers for that because they are clear so people can't tell you are covering anything up. There are more expensive ones but I think Maybelline instant pore eraser would be good to start because it's only $5 or so and it's just as good as some of the $40 primers out there. They say non comedogenic, that is if you wash your face well at night.

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 09/30/2014 1:12 pm

The best method I've found, and currently use, is to find a good primer that reduces pores, or layers over them to make your skin more smooth for foundation coverage.

Sephora carries a lot of amazing primers like that.

MemberMember
(@3wishes14)

Posted : 10/02/2014 2:17 pm

The best method I've found, and currently use, is to find a good primer that reduces pores, or layers over them to make your skin more smooth for foundation coverage.

Sephora carries a lot of amazing primers like that.

Smashbox has a new pore minimising one that i'm using at the moment. It's not perfect but it seems to make some kind of difference.

MemberMember
(@athleteman)

Posted : 10/03/2014 3:28 pm

Top two ways that make pores large, 1. benzoyl peroxide, 2. using wrong moisturizer for your skin type. My pores are gone now that I don't no longer use BP or moisturizer, before I used to have huge open pores, you could see my pores from mile away, disgusting! Now you can look my skin with a magnifying glass and all you gonna see is silky smooth baby skin.. :D

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 11/04/2014 6:18 pm

Top two ways that make pores large, 1. benzoyl peroxide, 2. using wrong moisturizer for your skin type. My pores are gone now that I don't no longer use BP or moisturizer, before I used to have huge open pores, you could see my pores from mile away, disgusting! Now you can look my skin with a magnifying glass and all you gonna see is silky smooth baby skin.. :D

How did you get rid of your pores? Is that even possible?!

MemberMember
(@deadwithacne)

Posted : 11/04/2014 11:11 pm

Top two ways that make pores large, 1. benzoyl peroxide, 2. using wrong moisturizer for your skin type. My pores are gone now that I don't no longer use BP or moisturizer, before I used to have huge open pores, you could see my pores from mile away, disgusting! Now you can look my skin with a magnifying glass and all you gonna see is silky smooth baby skin..

yes howwwww??? wht did u doo???? omggg tell please!!!

MemberMember
(@jezzabella114)

Posted : 11/17/2014 7:34 pm

The best way is not to cover them up but to address the issue and try close them. Of they are big and noticable chances are they are filled with lots of makeup, oil and dead skin.

Best think to dissolve caked up oil/ sebum is to use oil. I find that grapeseed oil with ground cinnamon in it is a nice cleanser/ exfoliator.

The grapeseed oil WONT clog pores as it is a fine oil, infact people with bad skin tend to use it as a moisturizer due to its cleansing effects.

Gently heat up your clean face with a warm cloth to help open up those pores. Apply the oil/cinnamon and lightly scrub in a circular motion. Rinse of with a non-drying face cleanser with cold water. The colder the better as this will close up those pores again.

Now, if you desperately need to cover up your pores it is best to use a makeup brush and apply your foundation in a circular motion as this will cover all areas of those pores... just remember though, the more you do this the harder it will be to clean those pores out.

MemberMember
(@annf)

Posted : 11/18/2014 6:36 am

I guess we will need to find the correct make-up. A wrong one can make things worse.

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 11/19/2014 7:09 pm

The most effective way to "cover" large pores is to apply a primer before your foundation. Pores unfortunately do not open or close. As your skin loses collagen (accelerated with age and sun exposure without SPF protection) your skin loses its tightness and elasticity, and therefore becomes dull and pores can stretch. Hence the importance of SPF protection; you can't reverse that damage and re-close your pores.

Back to primers, there are many specifically designed create a smooth canvas for foundation application. Smashbox, Benefit, Tarte, Too Faced all make pore minimizing formulas¦ to name a few :)