Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@bensouthport1994)

Posted : 09/04/2014 9:46 am

I've had acne for at least 6 years now and have been using quinoderm %10 for a while i haven't seen any improvements for ages now. I have never been so depressed in my life and have no confidence at all when speaking to girls. All I want is my spots to clear away so i can enjoy my university experience. Has anyone got and tips which I can use to help try and get rid of this awful thing

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 09/07/2014 2:00 pm

Are you moisturizing after washing your face?

Drinking enough water?

I'd suggest drinking green tea after every meal. Ya, it seems a bit like what an old lady would do... drink tea. But I did it, and its helped immensely. Ofc, I still get acne, but that is only from eating what my body doesn't like.

Eating things with gluten, sugar, grain, citric acid is actually pretty bad if you have acne-prone skin.

I use to hear "eat tons of fruits! eat healthy things!"... so there I was eating oranges, strawberries, grapes, etc... WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. Oranges have SO much sugar in them and they contain ALOT of citric acid, which caused me to breakout LIKE HELLZZ. Then I was like "Healthy?" so I began eating Whole-wheat bread.... WRONG. Bread contains gluten and flour and that is not good for acne skin.

I'm not sure if you have the same skin type I do, but if anything -> Moisturizer, Drink Water, Eliminate those bad foods, AND GREEN TEA~

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 09/07/2014 6:14 pm

10% is very strong. You definitely need to use moisturiser (oil free) with that - apply it an hour or so after putting it on or read below about another thing I do. If your face gets too dry then your face will pump out more oil making the problem worse - a moistriser tells your body not to pump out lots of oil as your face is well hydrated.

If I was you I'd drop down to 5% BP or go your GP or see dermatologist. I actually use a 2.5% BP and it has something else mixed in it which is much better than BP Ive found. I bet you aren't using a moisturiser too? I didnt either! It didnt make sense that using it would help, but it does for virtually all those who get acne. Make sure you use oil free moisturiser. You can apply the BP at night and then apply moisturiser in the morning (this is what my dermatologist recommended for me).

I also recommend you take a multivitamin along with additional 15mg of Zinc - this is good.

If it's really bad then consider Accutane.