Notifications
Clear all

Accu Dosage

MemberMember
(@vitaminskin)

Posted : 09/03/2014 4:43 pm

Has anyone else here been on 120mg/day or more of accutane?

I'm a 23y/o male and will be on it 5 months.

was also on it when I was 17. During that course I think I was on 40 mg and my acne came back about 5-8 months after.

What's your opinions/experiences of high dose accutane especially if you were on 120mg/kg?

My dr said that 2mg/kg/day is the effective dose and that he has put his kids on accutane. And has also put olympic caliber athletes on accutane who saw no decrease in their performance.

After I took accutane at 17 I blamed it for a lot of possibly made up conditions and was convinced it hurt my body but this dr is so confident it won't harm me long term and he is well respected in the derm community I guess.

MemberMember
(@kenneth1991sg)

Posted : 09/03/2014 11:42 pm

If your derm is monitoring you and he has good reputation although you used the term "i guess", then it should be alright. By monitoring, I mean at least a liver function test every month. Have not been on 120mg/day before, but my derm mentioned cirrhosis and liver damage chances as one of the common problems as the dosage goes higher.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 09/04/2014 5:56 pm

Thats a major dose.

What is your weight ?

2mg/kg is a effective dose when treating REALLY SEVERE acne. Is this your case ?

btw: There is a dude here that toke 120mg a day and did a personal log. Maybe it can help you.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 09/06/2014 7:21 pm

that sounds dangerous...

MemberMember
(@vitaminskin)

Posted : 09/14/2014 7:37 pm

If your derm is monitoring you and he has good reputation although you used the term "i guess", then it should be alright. By monitoring, I mean at least a liver function test every month. Have not been on 120mg/day before, but my derm mentioned cirrhosis and liver damage chances as one of the common problems as the dosage goes higher.

I'll have to do a bit more research on his rep but the estheticians there said he does. I'd say I went hard o. My liver past couple years with drinking/diet/energy supplement etc so that worries me a bit

Thats a major dose.

What is your weight ?

2mg/kg is a effective dose when treating REALLY SEVERE acne. Is this your case ?

btw: There is a dude here that toke 120mg a day and did a personal log. Maybe it can help you.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/342196-35m-on-120mg-per-day/

Thanks I read his thing. I weight 160....about 12% body fat

Thats a major dose.

What is your weight ?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/342196-35m-on-120mg-per-day/

So I'm actually under 2mg/kg