Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars With Pics

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 09/02/2014 3:27 am

hi guys so i have some acne scars could you please tell me what kind of scars they are are they severe and what can i do to smooth them

thanks !

note that im wearing a pressed powder in the pics

post-384900-0-86015500-1409646344.jpg

post-384900-0-74577300-1409646432.jpg

post-384900-0-40088900-1409646471.jpg

post-384900-0-86015500-1409646344.jpg

post-384900-0-74577300-1409646432.jpg

post-384900-0-40088900-1409646471.jpg

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 09/03/2014 4:49 pm

anyone

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/06/2014 9:14 am

Looks like mostly boxcar scars. A couple rounds of subcision + suction spaced 6 weeks apart (or longer) seems to work best for people with this type of scarring. Then some kind of resurfacing treatment such as microneedling or fraxel. Subcision is luckily a pretty inexpensive procedure and has fewer risks than many other treatments.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 09/08/2014 12:58 pm

hmm thanks

so do you think they are severe mild moderate?

what should i expect in terms of improvment

also i talked to my derm (she also had severe acne) and she said when she was like me (red marks all over my face) some of her red marks also looked a little sunken compared to surronding skin but she said that they reach to the normal level as they disappear?

ohh and one more question thats really important is there a product that i can use just to make them a little more elevated (primer,cncealaer)

thank you for your help

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/08/2014 3:13 pm

Most of your scars are mild, I only see a couple semi- noticeable scars. As far as improvement, it really varies, and I don't feel comfortable giving you a percentage that you may not achieve. I can however say that most people get noticeable and often dramatic improvement with several sessions of subcision combined with suctioning. I would try to focus on improving your deepest scars- just leveling those will make the others unnoticeable.

If you have red marks inside the pitted scar, it will make it look MUCH worse and as it fades the scar will look shallower. Unfortunately, the scar itself doesn't actually fill in once the scar matures.

There is a product called Dermaflage that would work for your deepest scar, but it's not cheap. I use it myself and it works well for me. It's a topical filler that mimics human skin, but it can only really be used on boxcar scars or scars with very contoured edges. It doesn't work for shallow scars.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 09/08/2014 3:20 pm

thanks

i just looked it up and its not avalaible in my country :(

anyways do you know any good primer

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:19 am

Last I checked Dermaflage can be bought on Ebay so I'd check there. :)

As far as primers, I don't use one so I'm not really sure, but a lot of people like smashbox photo finish primer. I'd go on Youtube and search for primer reviews to find the best one. There are drugstore ones that a lot of people use and like, I just don't remember specific brand names.

MemberMember
(@dapier68)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:33 am

If you have red marks inside the pitted scar, it will make it look MUCH worse and as it fades the scar will look shallower. Unfortunately, the scar itself doesn't actually fill in once the scar matures.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 09/10/2014 1:44 pm

looks like only 1 big scar. u can try subcision. it would yield 50%+ results. looks like you have make up on too. would be better to see your skin how it is without makeup

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 09/11/2014 1:33 am

looks like only 1 big scar. u can try subcision. it would yield 50%+ results. looks like you have make up on too. would be better to see your skin how it is without makeup

hi thanks,

i will upload a naked pic to so go guys can see my red marks

but when im wearing no makeup its not possible to see my scars

i guess make up emphasizes them in some way

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 09/18/2014 1:37 pm

guys my derm suggest usindga derma filler to fill them wthat do you guys think

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/18/2014 2:53 pm

I wouldnt bother with fillers at all. They're temporary and they will only help your deeper scars and not by much given the type of scarring you have. I'd really go for subcision, try to find someone who does that because it's soo much cheaper than having to get fillers repeatedly and the results are permanent. Also, no scar treatment will get rid of the gray/shadow effect of scars that you have. In other words, you can level your scars but they will still have a slightly different tone than the rest of your skin, it won't look like the healthy skin you had prior to having acne.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/18/2014 9:24 pm

I wouldnt bother with fillers at all. They're temporary and they will only help your deeper scars and not by much given the type of scarring you have. I'd really go for subcision, try to find someone who does that because it's soo much cheaper than having to get fillers repeatedly and the results are permanent. Also, no scar treatment will get rid of the gray/shadow effect of scars that you have. In other words, you can level your scars but they will still have a slightly different tone than the rest of your skin, it won't look like the healthy skin you had prior to having acne.

btw abt fillers, how do they react with wtv tht u apply on skin usually? also can u dermaroll/dermastamp/needle on top of them?

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/19/2014 2:25 pm

You can apply whatever topical to your skin and it wont affect fillers. Silicone injections can react badly if you have laser resurfacing done over it, I'm not sure about micro needling. I've read that other natural fillers will just reabsorb if you have resurfacing procedures done over them, but it depends on if the procedure is ablative or not.