Notifications
Clear all

Sunscreen Help!

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 09/01/2014 2:46 pm

Hey guysI've started noticing I have some pigmentation starting from not wearing sunscreen everyday and I want to start immediately, I'm just worried about breaking out or getting clogged pores now that I'm mostly clear.. I found a spray from Rexall as I live in Canada and here are the ingredients..there are NO pore clogging ones at all, I've searched it on Acne Mantra Online Tool.

Ingredients: homosalate, octinoxate, octisalate, oxybenzone, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, fragrance, SD alcohol 40-B.

I liked it because there's not many ingredients at all and the ones that are there are not pore clogging..

What do you guys think? Is this likely to break me out? Are any of the chemical sunscreen ingredients likely to clog my pores? I've searched each ingredient on google and haven't found much at all..

Any help would be great!!

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 09/06/2014 11:18 pm

I don't know much about sunscreen...

But I'm pretty sure that because it has Fragrance in it, it's no good for your skin.

I'd recommend using the Elta MD SPF 30. It's so good and it hasn't clogged my pores. It's meant for all skin types. Actually, my dermatologist recommended this to me as it is perfect enough for acne-prone skin.

I hope I helped :C

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:35 am

I would recommend you to use Neutrogena's Sport Face oil-free lotion sun screen. It's very light and it doesn't clog pores. Also, make sure you get the 70+ SPF.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:14 pm

i know this will seem like stupid question bt

do u hv to wear sunscreen at evening too? like from what time till what time do u hv to wear sunscreen?

nd when ur in shadows or nt in direct sunlight do u still need it?