Notifications
Clear all

Under The Skin Acne, Does It Fade Over Time?

MemberMember
(@eternalyouth)

Posted : 08/31/2014 5:34 pm

finally found stuff that works for me, no new spots yet all my spots are currently under my skin, do these spots fade or do they have to come to the surface?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/01/2014 1:52 am

My underground bumps only faded if they were either injected with a cortisone shot, physically "excavated" by a dermatologist, or came to the surface by aggressive home treatment.

If you can't or won't get a cortisone shot, you can force them up by a really aggressive application of retinoids combined with chemical peels just on the cyst. For example if I apply a prescription retinoid just to the bump 3x a day and then also apply 20% salicylic acid 1x a day, I can get a cyst to come up to a head in about a week. It's not something I'd normally recommend, though, unless you really have severe, chronic cystic acne. When you're like me and have had cysts that did not respond to 5 cortisone shots in a row you start to take desperate measures...

MemberMember
(@eternalyouth)

Posted : 09/01/2014 4:24 am

My underground bumps only faded if they were either injected with a cortisone shot, physically "excavated" by a dermatologist, or came to the surface by aggressive home treatment.

If you can't or won't get a cortisone shot, you can force them up by a really aggressive application of retinoids combined with chemical peels just on the cyst. For example if I apply a prescription retinoid just to the bump 3x a day and then also apply 20% salicylic acid 1x a day, I can get a cyst to come up to a head in about a week. It's not something I'd normally recommend, though, unless you really have severe, chronic cystic acne. When you're like me and have had cysts that did not respond to 5 cortisone shots in a row you start to take desperate measures...

I read online that you can just put a hot wet towl over your face, would you reccomend this?

Tanks for the reply

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 09/01/2014 12:10 pm

If you are speaking of large cystic acne, then it would take much longer for them to go away and heal on their own.

If you are talking more about small pimples and blemishes that just haven't come to a head, then yes, in most cases they will go away as long you've got a good immune system and the right products for your skin.

A warm towel can help those that are near the surface, but won't help much with deeper ones.

Good luck!