Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Log

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 08/30/2014 2:12 pm

So today I have decided to start an acne journal to see how far I come. I am currently a senior in high school. I am 16 years old and I'm turning 17 on the 21st of September. I noticed very small amounts of acne the start of sophomore year and it just got worse throughout the year. I will be seeing a dermatologist on September 5th so I guess my journey to clear skin will start there.

Things I have tried:

Doxycyline

Trent in in cream

Proactive

Multiple over the counter cleaners

So far none of that has worked so I was thinking of just asking my dermatologist for Accutane but I will add what he says to this journal when I see him on the 5th. Hopefully he can help my problem.

post-375183-0-49524700-1409425884_thumb.

post-375183-0-64127900-1409425915_thumb.

post-375183-0-00091600-1409425955_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/30/2014 4:59 pm

one simple change, which may help- does for some not for all...try completely avoiding dairy for 30 days....if no change then go right back to it, but worth a try.

a derm is a good idea, I think a retin a gel would help (not a big cream fan)- you may have a purging period but it will then keep your pores clear

good luck and keep us posted

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 08/31/2014 9:22 pm

one simple change, which may help- does for some not for all...try completely avoiding dairy for 30 days....if no change then go right back to it, but worth a try.

a derm is a good idea, I think a retin a gel would help (not a big cream fan)- you may have a purging period but it will then keep your pores clear

good luck and keep us posted

Thank you I will keep posting:)

About the dairy I think I'm also gonna give that a try because when I was on the doxcyline I couldn't eat dairy and I noticed that my skin was clearing but the prescription was from my regular doctor so she was only allowed to give two refills

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/06/2014 12:04 am

Okay so today I was finally able to see a dermatologist!!! I was so excited he evaluated my acne and gave me a lot of new information!! I asked for Accutane right off the bat. He said he does not like prescribing Accutane unless all options have been exhausted. So he gave me quite a few things to try.

Ovace face wash twice a day

Solodyn 65mg once a day

Aczone gel twice a day

Ziana every 3rd night

Anyone ever use any of these if so did it help?

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/06/2014 12:09 am

I've used the Solodyn or the Minocycline as it's also called. It's an antibiotic and it really didn't do anything for my acne personally. My acne was more severe than yours during the period that I took it though. Maybe it'll work for you, who knows? The thing that sucks about it though, is that eventually your body might become immune to it.

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/06/2014 6:31 pm

I've used the Solodyn or the Minocycline as it's also called. It's an antibiotic and it really didn't do anything for my acne personally. My acne was more severe than yours during the period that I took it though. Maybe it'll work for you, who knows? The thing that sucks about it though, is that eventually your body might become immune to it.

Yea I have heard mixed reviews about it but he said if thus doesn't work we will try something else so I am staying optimistic :D

Angelspit liked
MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/07/2014 6:58 pm

So it's been about 3 days and I haven't noticed any new breakouts :D

Angelspit liked
MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/11/2014 12:51 am

So day 6 is here!

Today is my first time using the ziana! My dermatologist prescribedit and I am to use it every 3rd night. I have noticed very few new breakouts. I also shaved today and I think my skin looks better after a clean shave. I didn't get to much irritation. I have not changed my eating habits at all. I'mgoing to try to make a change though as I am eating fast food at least twice a day. I have not eaten many vegetables or fruits either. I drink lots of water and I'm not overweight or have any health problems. I am still going to try to cut fast food.

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/13/2014 12:39 am

Day 8

So it's been about 8 days and I have really stopped picking my skin so much and it seems the left side of my cheek is clearing and it seems to be clearing around my bottom lip which is great :D

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/15/2014 9:58 pm

Day 11

So I have noticed that the left side of my face is starting to clear but it seems that the right side of my face is still raging on and isn't really clearing at all. I will continue the treatment as I know these things take time. The treatment doesn't dry up my skin which is good so I am staying optimistic :D

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/21/2014 1:05 am

Day 17

I have noticed improvement on my chin and the left side of my fave and neck, but for some reason it seems that the right side of my face just winter give in and acne is not giving up. It's mainly on my lower cheek and neck. Today I bought a filtered shower head and I noticed my skin wasn't dry when I got out of the shower which is good! Anyone know why my right side of my face isn't giving in just yet???

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/21/2014 8:03 am

Day 17

I have noticed improvement on my chin and the left side of my fave and neck, but for some reason it seems that the right side of my face just winter give in and acne is not giving up. It's mainly on my lower cheek and neck. Today I bought a filtered shower head and I noticed my skin wasn't dry when I got out of the shower which is good! Anyone know why my right side of my face isn't giving in just yet???

That's interestig because I am breaking out more on my right side when my left side is also clearing up very fast...It may be because of your sheets? Like youre pillow case or so forth? It could be fast food or junk food...or do you use your cell phone on that side of your face? What about your sugar consumption?

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/21/2014 3:56 pm

Day 17

That's interestig because I am breaking out more on my right side when my left side is also clearing up very fast...It may be because of your sheets? Like youre pillow case or so forth? It could be fast food or junk food...or do you use your cell phone on that side of your face? What about your sugar consumption?

Well I am right handed so when i talk on the phone i use my right hand but I rarely put the phone up to my face i usually use the head phone mic. Also with my sheets and pillow cases, i have considered that they might lead to some of my acne. How often should I wash them? How should I wash them? When i do wash them I wash in hot water. Also ill admit my diet is poor I eat a lot of fast food but i dont have any health problems like heart disease or anything. I am also not overweight. I have done a lot of research on diet and acne and my dermatologist said that it does not effect my acne and I drink lots of water.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/21/2014 4:20 pm

Day 17

Well I am right handed so when i talk on the phone i use my right hand but I rarely put the phone up to my face i usually use the head phone mic. Also with my sheets and pillow cases, i have considered that they might lead to some of my acne. How often should I wash them? How should I wash them? When i do wash them I wash in hot water. Also ill admit my diet is poor I eat a lot of fast food but i dont have any health problems like heart disease or anything. I am also not overweight. I have done a lot of research on diet and acne and my dermatologist said that it does not effect my acne and I drink lots of water.

You should change them every week and wash them with your regular laundry. You should try to get some hypoallergenic detergent, because you never know if something in your detergent is irritating your skin. Hm, well you should try to cut out some of that fast food and see if it will affect your skin. Funny how your dermatologist says it doesn't affect your acne and mine says the opposite, even my physical care physician says your diet can affect your skin (acne).

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/21/2014 9:43 pm

Day 17

You should change them every week and wash them with your regular laundry. You should try to get some hypoallergenic detergent, because you never know if something in your detergent is irritating your skin. Hm, well you should try to cut out some of that fast food and see if it will affect your skin. Funny how your dermatologist says it doesn't affect your acne and mine says the opposite, even my physical care physician says your diet can affect your skin (acne).

I will defiantly try the detergent, and about the fast food yea i do need to cut it out but I have also did a lot of research on the whole diet thing and it says that there is no definitive proof that diet affects skin, even people on this site have tried the whole diet thing and they haven't noticed any change..

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/22/2014 9:05 am

Day 17

I will defiantly try the detergent, and about the fast food yea i do need to cut it out but I have also did a lot of research on the whole diet thing and it says that there is no definitive proof that diet affects skin, even people on this site have tried the whole diet thing and they haven't noticed any change..

I understand, but it never hurts to try. :) Plus, what harm can come from it?

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/26/2014 10:14 pm

DAY 26

So no new breakouts which is good i guess. My right side of my face still refuses to give in. I am seeing no real progress with the right side of my face its the worst there than any other part of my face. I took these pics today. I tried to get all my acne in them so you guys can tell me if you notice a difference!

post-375183-0-14794900-1411787650.jpg

post-375183-0-41947900-1411787664.jpg

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 10/16/2014 1:10 am

Okay so today my skin looked great and I felt amazing! Skin wasn't to oily. My acne wasn't red or inflamed. I also noticed my chin is very clear now almost flawless. I can't believe the look and feel of it. I know it's just my chin but I'm glad it's clear at least it's something!! Seeing it so clear at first was incomprehensible m I literally didn't know what clear skin looked like any more XD hopefully this will be the first of many great days like this!

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 10/30/2014 11:17 pm

So I just took these photos and meh I don't think I am clearing. My chin is still clear which is okay but other than that I still havent seen much give on either sides of my face. My morale is also in the shit hole right now. I feel awful everytime i look in the mirror.

post-375183-0-31562300-1414728885.jpg

post-375183-0-36923100-1414728909.jpg

post-375183-0-22868400-1414728952.jpg

post-375183-0-37723200-1414728997.jpg