Notifications
Clear all

Help Me.

MemberMember
(@abbytherandom)

Posted : 08/29/2014 1:14 pm

Hi, I'm a 20 year old female and I've had acne for about 5 years now. I didn't have acne before I turned 15. Actually it began after I was horribly pressured into getting my face waxed. I've had it ever since. I've been to various dermatologists and have been put on accutane, used benozyl peroxide, tried home remedies etc.
Every time I try accutane it worsens my acne and since I am a student I cannot get out of the house with pimples on my face. I usually have a few spots on my face but it gets worse in summer(its very hot and humid where I live). I feel like my make up might be worsening it as well but I just CANNOT get out of the house without make up on. Although, even with make up on I hate how cakey and bumpy my face looks. I try hiding most of the time, avoiding all sorts of social contact and only get out of the house when I REALLY REALLY HAVE to. I'm really depressed and I just cannot feel happy anymore. It's gotten so bad for me that I feel like locking myself in my room and never coming out. I've given up hope and I don't know what to do. I'm only 20 and I'm missing out on so much. But how can other people not get disgusted when they look at me when I myself want to hurl every time I look in the mirror? I don't know what to do anymore because I feel so lost.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 08/29/2014 2:51 pm

Acne really isn't so bad. In a couple of years you will be kicking yourself for being so hard on yourself about it and missing out on things. Really, nobody cares. People may see it but are not thinking anything about it. Sure flawless skin is beautiful, but so is the way you carry yourself. The way you think about yourself will really stand out and people will notice that more than your acne. I know how you feel though... And about covering it up, I've been watching this girls youtube videos and she has really good tips.

MemberMember
(@maisie22)

Posted : 08/29/2014 4:25 pm

I agree - what you've got to remember is that this most likely won't be forever and that one day you will be past this stage of your life. It might suck now and make your life hell but it will be so much worse in the long run if you let it interfere with living a happy life and doing the things you want to do, because then it has taken over. People always regret the things they don't do more than the things they do - you can still make happy memories which you can look back on one day instead of looking back on a miserable and lonely period of your life. In the long run worrying and hiding away isn't going to make the problem go away, as easy as it is to say it, so just try to stay positive and make everything the best it can be given the situation :) there's more to life than perfect skin, be thankful for the things you have and enjoy what's good in your life

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/29/2014 9:11 pm

Hi, I'm a 20 year old female and I've had acne for about 5 years now. I didn't have acne before I turned 15. Actually it began after I was horribly pressured into getting my face waxed. I've had it ever since. I've been to various dermatologists and have been put on accutane, used benozyl peroxide, tried home remedies etc.

Every time I try accutane it worsens my acne and since I am a student I cannot get out of the house with pimples on my face. I usually have a few spots on my face but it gets worse in summer(its very hot and humid where I live). I feel like my make up might be worsening it as well but I just CANNOT get out of the house without make up on. Although, even with make up on I hate how cakey and bumpy my face looks. I try hiding most of the time, avoiding all sorts of social contact and only get out of the house when I REALLY REALLY HAVE to. I'm really depressed and I just cannot feel happy anymore. It's gotten so bad for me that I feel like locking myself in my room and never coming out. I've given up hope and I don't know what to do. I'm only 20 and I'm missing out on so much. But how can other people not get disgusted when they look at me when I myself want to hurl every time I look in the mirror? I don't know what to do anymore because I feel so lost.

Where is your acne located? Did you ever finish a Accutane course? If so did your acne clear? What are you currently doing to treat your acne?

MemberMember
(@abbytherandom)

Posted : 08/31/2014 7:31 am

Where is your acne located? Did you ever finish a Accutane course? If so did your acne clear? What are you currently doing to treat your acne?

Its on my face, I don't have acne on other parts of my body. I haven't finished a course of accutane because each time I start my face starts breaking out really bad! I am not doing anything except applying toothpaste on the spots before sleeping.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/31/2014 12:21 pm

I meant where on your face, it is wide spread? Or located more on your cheeks and jaw and chin?

While taking Accutane in most cases acne worsens before it gets better. The medication causes your skin to purge all the acne that is forming under your skin. It doesn't case more acne. It just pushes all the acne that would have came out eventually, in short period of time. That's part of the process. The first few months you usually are battling acne and then your skin starts to clear, hopefully for the long term.

I'm just trying to get a idea of your acne and it's location so I can help suggest something to help you. Also Toothpaste can actually cause acne and worsen acne.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/01/2014 1:43 am

You really need to get through an entire course of Accutane. Yes it does get worse before it gets better. But if your acne is severe like you're describing, you can't get around that, no matter what treatment you try.

MemberMember
(@abbytherandom)

Posted : 10/29/2014 9:03 am

I meant where on your face, it is wide spread? Or located more on your cheeks and jaw and chin?

While taking Accutane in most cases acne worsens before it gets better. The medication causes your skin to purge all the acne that is forming under your skin. It doesn't case more acne. It just pushes all the acne that would have came out eventually, in short period of time. That's part of the process. The first few months you usually are battling acne and then your skin starts to clear, hopefully for the long term.

I'm just trying to get a idea of your acne and it's location so I can help suggest something to help you. Also Toothpaste can actually cause acne and worsen acne.

Really? It worsens acne?