Acne?

MemberMember
(@gio182)

Posted : 08/28/2014 7:14 pm

Hey, I've been on doxy for around 6 months / epiduo for about 2 . I'm tired so tired of acne . It's so frustrating not being able to hangout with friends and it's killing me . Can someone help me figure out what this is and what I should do to help it . Thanks very very bery much in advance.post-401597-0-19780900-1409271249_thumb.post-401597-0-49578900-1409271256_thumb.

post-401597-0-19780900-1409271249_thumb.

post-401597-0-49578900-1409271256_thumb.

MemberMember
(@sachin12)

Posted : 08/28/2014 8:19 pm

It looks very mild to me man, go out and enjoy yourself. I know its so hard it makes me self concious aswell, but whenever I hang out with my mates it makes me feel so much better! You could try some salicylic or glycolic acid I reckon it would definitely help

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 08/28/2014 8:27 pm

How old are you?

Might be worth seeing a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@gio182)

Posted : 08/28/2014 8:41 pm

How old are you?

Might be worth seeing a dermatologist.

I'm 17

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/28/2014 9:06 pm

It's seems that it is mild (almost no active acne).

But you do have a lot of hyperpigmentation.

Are you still on the doxy ?

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/28/2014 10:02 pm

From the pictures, the redness may suggest that you have very sensitive skin probably from using harsh medical prescription. If your skin itch after using some products you may have sensitive skin. You can continue to use epiduo if you want and make sure to MOISTURIZE afterwards. I would suggest you use moisturizer that is for sensitive skin like Aloe Vera and should be free of parabens as well. For sensitive skin DONT use products containing perfume or artificial fragrance.

MemberMember
(@gio182)

Posted : 08/28/2014 10:12 pm

Yes I am on the doxy, should I stop? And any recomendstions on getting rid of the hyperpigmentation ? Thanks

From the pictures, the redness may suggest that you have very sensitive skin probably from using harsh medical prescription. If your skin itch after using some products you may have sensitive skin. You can continue to use epiduo if you want and make sure to MOISTURIZE afterwards. I would suggest you use moisturizer that is for sensitive skin like Aloe Vera and should be free of parabens as well. For sensitive skin DONT use products containing perfume or artificial fragrance.

Do you know of any moisturizers off hand ? How about organic jojoba oil? Thanks

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/28/2014 10:45 pm

Hi there, Organic Jojoba Oil has lots of great reviews as a good moisturizer so you may give it a try. Alternatively, there are two that I think will be suitable for you. First is the fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel and second which I am currently using, Papulex Oil-free Cream. I used epiduo before back then and I used the Aloe Vera 100% gel to calm my skin. It helps with the redness and itchiness. I have never used organic jojoba oil before so I can't tell you my experience of it. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/28/2014 11:08 pm

Yes I am on the doxy, should I stop? And any recomendstions on getting rid of the hyperpigmentation ? Thanks

I don't want to be the "jerk" one but,from what i've read on these and other plenty amount of forums,antibiotics for acne tend to be an awful long term medication

After a certain time your body "gets used" to the antibiotics and acne strikes back worse than ever. Also long term antibiotics kills your gut flora,and that is one of the reason of why acne comes back worse.

But,since you are using Epiduo,you may control your acne with that,after quitting the antibiotics.

I would stop taking the antibiotics,since i've never read someone being happy or having a long term success after a antibiotics course. And then,just use the Epiduo,for a month or so. You likely will breakout a little bit as soon you quit the antibiotics,if that is what you decide to do.

If Epiduo doesn't manages it,you can start to try another things.

Oh,and for hyperpigmentation...time,sunscreen and patience. They will fade on their own. If you are desperate,you can try retin-a,aloe vera,limon juice,chemical pells..

MemberMember
(@gio182)

Posted : 08/28/2014 11:10 pm

Hi there, Organic Jojoba Oil has lots of great reviews as a good moisturizer so you may give it a try. Alternatively, there are two that I think will be suitable for you. First is the fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel and second which I am currently using, Papulex Oil-free Cream. I used epiduo before back then and I used the Aloe Vera 100% gel to calm my skin. It helps with the redness and itchiness. I have never used organic jojoba oil before so I can't tell you my experience of it. Hope this helps!

Thanks , but one question what should I do about the hyperpigmentation though?

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/29/2014 12:12 am

Aloe vera is very good at treating hyper pigmentation. So using aloe vera will be like all-in-one:)

MemberMember
(@gio182)

Posted : 08/29/2014 12:32 am

Aloe vera is very good at treating hyper pigmentation. So using aloe vera will be like all-in-one:)

I apologize for all the questions , but I looked up aloe vera and there's different types . So just organic aloe vera gel? It's hard to find one without anything added ...

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 08/29/2014 1:09 am

I apologize for all the questions , but I looked up aloe vera and there's different types . So just organic aloe vera gel? It's hard to find one without anything added ...

No prob! you could search for Fruit of The Earth aloe vera gel. It's a brand name. You can find them at Walmart.^^

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/29/2014 11:46 am

When I look at your photos although they are grainy I don't see any or much active acne. Sounds like the treatment you are using is doing good things for your skin. The antibiotics will eventually stop working. Your acne will become resistant to the antibiotic. It will with all antibiotics. They are considered a bandaid and not really the best choice. Maybe to clear up your current acne then use a topical to keep the skin clear. Hopefully your topical can keep you clear without the antibiotic.

As far as your hyperpigmentation. I find that AHA glycolic acid works very well and fairly quickly with fading the marks away. I personally use acne.org AHA+ and have had great results with it. My skin looked similar to yours after finishing my Accutane course and after a couple of months of using the AHA my marks were gone! The AHA is a chemical exfoliate, the key to getting rid of those marks is exfoliating but you want to do it as gently as possible. Which you can do with the AHA, if your scrubbing your skin or using scrubs to exfoliate your just going to irritate your skin, and cause more acne. I really recommend acne.org AHA. I'd be in a world of trouble without it!

MemberMember
(@gio182)

Posted : 08/29/2014 2:27 pm

When I look at your photos although they are grainy I don't see any or much active acne. Sounds like the treatment you are using is doing good things for your skin. The antibiotics will eventually stop working. Your acne will become resistant to the antibiotic. It will with all antibiotics. They are considered a bandaid and not really the best choice. Maybe to clear up your current acne then use a topical to keep the skin clear. Hopefully your topical can keep you clear without the antibiotic.

As far as your hyperpigmentation. I find that AHA glycolic acid works very well and fairly quickly with fading the marks away. I personally use acne.org AHA+ and have had great results with it. My skin looked similar to yours after finishing my Accutane course and after a couple of months of using the AHA my marks were gone! The AHA is a chemical exfoliate, the key to getting rid of those marks is exfoliating but you want to do it as gently as possible. Which you can do with the AHA, if your scrubbing your skin or using scrubs to exfoliate your just going to irritate your skin, and cause more acne. I really recommend acne.org AHA. I'd be in a world of trouble without it!

Thanks for your reply means a lot , so I should order the aha glycolic acid acne.org?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/29/2014 5:41 pm

Here is a link to the product. I think you should really give it a shot. I don't think you will be disappointed.

http://store.acne.org/aha