Notifications
Clear all

Blackheads. What To Use?

MemberMember
(@ccflaherty)

Posted : 08/28/2014 7:07 pm

Hello all, I'm 22 and have had persistant blackheads since 12. Across my nose and cheeks under my eyes. I used to suffer with huge boils/cysts but these seem to have calmed down with age and are no longer a problem.

I feel like my blackheads aren't normal blackheads. I feel like I've tried everything, I've even had 6 face peels with no success. So I've just learnt to live with them, until recently I want to try and tackle this problem again.

With all these new products on the market I'm confused of what will really help my blackheads. I read salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are good, is there a product with both of these in or a regime I could do using both? What would you guys reccomend would be best for my blackheads? I feel like I'd need something strong as seriously nothing has ever even had a small effect on them.

Thanks guys.

MemberMember
(@sachin12)

Posted : 08/28/2014 9:46 pm

Try heading to an esthetician who will extract them for you

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 08/29/2014 3:01 pm

Health food stores carry stuff called Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

MemberMember
(@rlsid21)

Posted : 08/29/2014 10:50 pm

The only topical that actually got rid of my blackheads and prevented new ones from forming was Tazorac 0.1% Retin A gel from my dermatologist. It speeds up cell turnover which essential exfoliates the surface layer of the skin making it skin's texture smoother and more brighter. It treats whiteheads (closed comedones), blackheads (open comedones), pustules, and papules. It's the "big guns" that dermatologists pull out for moderate to severe acne patients where mine sure was. The stuff is like liquid gold to me but it's expensive as hell if you don't have insurance. Thank god for coupons from my doctor's office and samples that I'm practically living off of now.

Tazorac really changed my life once I started to use it. It took a 2-3 months to really clear up my skin but it's worth the wait. My skin is smoother, brighter, and no longer congested with the annoying blackheads that I had since the age of 12. You must wear sunscreen everyday though as Retin A makes you prone to UV sensitivities and increases your chances of getting skin cancer without protection.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/01/2014 2:28 am

What type of face peels did you have?

I have pretty good success combining 20% salicylic acid peels with steaming and manual extractions. I find that you have to manually extract no matter what else you do...all the other steps just soften the clogs up...you still have to manually push them out.

MemberMember
(@valure)

Posted : 09/13/2014 11:58 am

As simple as this sounds I use baking soda. I read the tip online somewhere and thought hey it couldn't hurt. I mixed baking soda and raw milk into a thick paste and left it on for about 20 minutes. There was a noticeable difference!