Notifications
Clear all

Honey & Cinnamon Face Mask

MemberMember
(@roxylove08)

Posted : 08/28/2014 3:27 pm

So ive been reading about honey and cinnamom face masks...ive been researching natural ways to.help acne and acne scars...has anyone had any luck with facemasks? i tried honey and cinnamon last night on my forehead and nose area and my skin felt do smooth and tighter...tonight i will be exfoliating with brown sugar and almond oil (i did this on my forehead last night too) and then the honey with cinnamon on my lower part of the face..

What Are your thoughts on this? im tired to getting harsh prescription from drs that only strip my skin and make me break out bad...hopefully doing natural things to my face will help.calm things down

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/28/2014 4:48 pm

I moved your topic over to the Diet and Holistic Health Fourm.

MemberMember
(@lovelyplot)

Posted : 08/28/2014 11:31 pm

I love using honey on my face. I make a mask and put tea tree oil in it and it helps. I don't think this will stop your acne from forming but it definitely helps calm the ones you do have a lot. I have put cinnamon in it too and I'm not sure if it made much of a difference

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 08/29/2014 12:13 pm

I've used honey, cinnamon, cloves, matcha, yogurt, and a host of other things on my face. I've found that the beneficial effects are always very temporary, but these kinds of masks are good for next day events.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 08/29/2014 2:02 pm

I believe cinnamon is a known skin irritant so using it regularly may very well make skin red and irritated. Doesn't get very good reviews on here when used topically. It is good for you when ingested.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/30/2014 12:01 pm

Why cinnamon? What do you think that does? I think it's an irritant. Try turmeric. That would be beneficial. and yogurt. And honey if you wish.

MemberMember
(@roxylove08)

Posted : 08/30/2014 7:57 pm

Yes I agree....it seems like it did help my skin calm down..im using it tonighy again along with brown.sugar as an exfoliater before the mask

On 8/29/2014 at 12:31 AM, LovelyPlot said:

I love using honey on my face. I make a mask and put tea tree oil in it and it helps. I don't think this will stop your acne from forming but it definitely helps calm the ones you do have a lot. I have put cinnamon in it too and I'm not sure if it made much of a difference

[Removed link]

Check.out this girls.profile and how.she used.all natural things to.clear her acne...she does facemasks, oil cleansing and brown sugar exfoliation...no harsh chemicals...this is where i.got the idea.from honey and cinnamon masks..she is my inspiration in helping clear up my skin by natural products..she also has a youtube channel

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 02/26/2015 12:11 am

how about using mung bean powder as a cleanser instead of using honey and cinnamon? i mention that because it's something that some women use in traditional indian communities (it's a gentle and soap free cleanser).

the brown sugar as an exfoliant seems like it may be kind of harsh on the skin. exfoliation in general seems like it may just aggravate skin that's acne prone.

MemberMember
(@jlopez)

Posted : 03/05/2015 9:26 am

Hey roxylove08,

I loved using a honey mask on my skin! But can I ask what kind of honey you're using?
If it's regular store bought honey, I'm afraid to say it doesn't really have any skin benefits! I would recommend using raw honey, or even better manuka honey, a little more expensive but both of these kinds of honey have antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.

Also, just a little word of warning on the sugar scrub;

Sugar can be a little too abrasive and irritating for some people, especially if you have active acne.
As a simple substitute, and for the perfect amount of exfoliation, I recommend just using a clean washcloth and warm water, or buying some oatmeal (any kind of plain oatmeal, but not flavoured stuff!) and making a gentle, milky face scrub by running the oatmeal under warm water in your hand until it is a nice squishy consistency, and then gently applying it to your skin, leave on for a few minutes if you like and wash it away with water.
Here's a great tutorial if you're interested:

Good luck on your natural skincare journey!
I hope it works well for you.

MemberMember
(@highhexagon)

Posted : 05/05/2018 3:55 pm

Omg doNOTuse this mask!!! I used it one time back in high school a few years ago and it broke my face out so bad.. cystic acne alllll over my face. When I had the mask on, my face was burning and itching so bad that I couldnt even leave it on for the 15 minutes. Dont try this. If you want a good mask, I recommend the Aztec Healing Clay. Its $7 and works great. DIY masks can be helpful but theyre risky. This cinnamon and honey mask was just absolutely awful though I will never try it again despite the positive reviews that it has