Notifications
Clear all

Do You Break Out Less From Skincare/makeup After Accutane?

MemberMember
(@lg789)

Posted : 08/27/2014 6:53 pm

Hey guys! can't believe i've finally mustered up the courage to post on here after lurking for years heheh.. I'm about to start accutane for the first time in a few weeks and i was hoping to find out from any of you on how differently your skin reacts to products POST accutane. just a little background on me - i have mild-moderate acne, very stubborn, that started when i was around 19 years old (I'm 24 now). i have never had cystic acne, but every morning i wake up to around 3-4 new pastules/papules and sometimes it feels like my entire face is clogged. i've tried dozens of topicals, antibiotics, various birth control pills, and most recently, spiro (75 mg/day for 8 months) with no luck. in addition to all of this, it seems as though my skin breaks out from EVERYTHING in regards to skincare products and makeup. i'm super diligent about removing my makeup at night, but no matter if i've worn mineral makeup or liquid foundation on a given day, i always wake up the next morning with new acne in new spots. i'm praying that after this round of accutane my pores will react differently when exposed to oil/dirt/etc. and i'll be able to use (most) products with less irritation... but i'm not sure if that's wishful thinking? have any of you found that, after going on accutane, you can use makeup/certain skincare that you couldn't before?? does your skin clog less easily? sorry if this was a lot to read, but i appreciate any feedback at all! thanks so much guys!

MemberMember
(@sachin12)

Posted : 08/28/2014 3:43 am

Hey guys! can't believe i've finally mustered up the courage to post on here after lurking for years heheh.. I'm about to start accutane for the first time in a few weeks and i was hoping to find out from any of you on how differently your skin reacts to products POST accutane. just a little background on me - i have mild-moderate acne, very stubborn, that started when i was around 19 years old (I'm 24 now). i have never had cystic acne, but every morning i wake up to around 3-4 new pastules/papules and sometimes it feels like my entire face is clogged. i've tried dozens of topicals, antibiotics, various birth control pills, and most recently, spiro (75 mg/day for 8 months) with no luck. in addition to all of this, it seems as though my skin breaks out from EVERYTHING in regards to skincare products and makeup. i'm super diligent about removing my makeup at night, but no matter if i've worn mineral makeup or liquid foundation on a given day, i always wake up the next morning with new acne in new spots. i'm praying that after this round of accutane my pores will react differently when exposed to oil/dirt/etc. and i'll be able to use (most) products with less irritation... but i'm not sure if that's wishful thinking? have any of you found that, after going on accutane, you can use makeup/certain skincare that you couldn't before?? does your skin clog less easily? sorry if this was a lot to read, but i appreciate any feedback at all! thanks so much guys!

In my experience my skin tolerated absolutely anything post accutane, however its seem to worn off now so just be careful