Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo+Clindamycin Log

MemberMember
(@kimberly5)

Posted : 08/27/2014 2:48 pm

Ok so today will be my 1st day/night on Epiduo + clindamycin and ill be posting my progress once a week, but 1st I'd like to share a bit of background on my acne struggles lol

So I've had acne since puberty and I am now 27 y/o and I've been on all the oral antibiotics you can name: tetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline, etc I've also been on Dan's BP and moisturizer regimen, I've been on birth control till finally my doctor prescribed Accutane, this was back when I was a senior in high school and I completed the treatment in about 6 months and it definitely worked I stopped breaking out but unfortunately the acne came back so fast forward to now, I had my 1st appointment to the derm since Accutane in july this year andI told him all the meds ive been on before and the accutane so I asked if I could be on it again and he said my acne wasn't bad enough to be on accutane (I have mild to moderate acne, very persistent) so he 1st put me on Tretinoin 0.025% + clindamycin, then 0.05% + clindamycin and now ill be on the Epiduo+clindamycin treatment, let's see how long it will take to switch my meds lol im trying to stay positive :)

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/27/2014 8:28 pm

I went ahead and moved for topic over to the personal logs forum.

MemberMember
(@elfantasma)

Posted : 08/28/2014 3:45 am

26 y/o male.

I'm using Epiduo as well.. 2 weeks today. After one week I had an initial breakout / purge, but things seem to slowly get better now.

Don't get discouraged if things get worse in the beginning. That's pretty normal on a retinoid.

Keep us updated

kimberly5 liked
MemberMember
(@kimberly5)

Posted : 08/30/2014 11:34 pm

26 y/o male.

I'm using Epiduo as well.. 2 weeks today. After one week I had an initial breakout / purge, but things seem to slowly get better now.

Don't get discouraged if things get worse in the beginning. That's pretty normal on a retinoid.

Keep us updated smile.png

Ok thank you bunches for the heads up :) ,

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 08/31/2014 10:51 pm

Is there anyway you can post a pic of your acne? I wanna see if yours is l I keep mine

MemberMember
(@kimberly5)

Posted : 09/03/2014 1:35 pm

Is there anyway you can post a pic of your acne? I wanna see if yours is l I keep mine

Yes I'll be posting some pics

Ok so here we go :)

week #1

what I've noticed so far is that my skin doesn't get nearly as dry and red with the Epiduo than it did with the Retin A cream. Also it doesn't peel as much as it did with the retin a.

As for the clindamycin, my skin still gets red when I put it on.

My skin is still broken out, maybe because of the initial break out from the treatment, but im still skeptical, non the less I will continue til my next derm apt in 3 weeks.

so this is my regimen:

-clindamycin during the day

-epiduo at night

here are some pics from week #1

Left and right cheecks, as you can see both cheeks are red.

I took these today 30mins after my morning facial wash.

post-55200-0-70240500-1409769211_thumb.j

post-55200-0-58540100-1409769240_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@kimberly5)

Posted : 09/13/2014 11:42 am

week #2

I have to say to my surprise that my face is significantly clearer than last week. I only have 1 active spot on the right cheek and zero active spots on my left cheek :) ill be posting pictures later. As far as redness goes well it is still present especially with the clindamycin and my face gets horribly oily within 45 minutes when I leave my face without any product, so I guess that's the down side of it...