Notifications
Clear all

Advise Please 🙁

MemberMember
(@kristeng)

Posted : 08/27/2014 2:06 am

I'm so desperate to talk to somebody who has this same problem, I'm 16 I've been dealing with acne since I was about 11 and I'm just SO fed up. My acne is at its worst right now nothing makes it better only worse. I haven't had clear skin in so long I've almost forgot what it feels like to feel pretty with out tons of makeup on I've completely lost all of my self confidence, I feel so discusting all the time. I just wanna give up.. Nobody understands how acne impacts our life, and its sad that not even my own family can see how much pain this causes me.. I just needed to vent somewhere, where I know there's people who understand.. Any advise on treating scars or any good products for this kind of acne?

post-419027-0-13329500-1409122965_thumb.

post-419027-0-35827600-1409122982_thumb.

post-419027-0-02444600-1409123105_thumb.

post-419027-0-13329500-1409122965_thumb.

post-419027-0-35827600-1409122982_thumb.

post-419027-0-02444600-1409123105_thumb.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/27/2014 3:17 am

Hey, oh please don't give up yet. Many of us on here know how you are feeling and have even been battling this for many years.

Are you using anything atm for your skin?

MemberMember
(@sammcpherson)

Posted : 08/27/2014 9:39 am

Hiya Kristeng,

I feel your pain! Acne has plagued me now for a good 3-4 years! I'm a 19 year old male turning 20 in a months time so I know how hard it is to deal with acne and have it completely smash your confidence. While acne damages your self image, it is manageable

I use a topical form of Vitamin A known as Tretinoin (Retin-A) to manage my outbreaks! If you use Cetaphil (or another VERY LIGHT cleanser) it can minimise the side effects associated with Retin-A. (Redness, flakiness, etc). If you do choose to use Tretinoin, make sure you use a Sunscreen (at least SPF 30, I personally use Coppertone) as well as a moisturising with Cerave lotion. The brilliant thing about Retin-A is that it promotes collagen production which is an amazing bonus as well as drying out those spots that have called your face home. Been using it for a while now, really helps!!

Hope this helps! Stay strong, you're beautiful

MemberMember
(@kristeng)

Posted : 08/27/2014 12:02 pm

No I'm not im scared to try anything. everything just makes it worse! :/

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 08/27/2014 1:25 pm

first of all take a deep breath and realize it could be worse..it doesn't look deep so I don't think it will scar too bad or if at all. second do your parents have insurance, maybe u can go to the dermatologist..if u have a job u could look for a good skin clinic as well that could help u by treating your skin naturally. I currently am on Accutane and never had really bad acne before and I am a grown woman . My acne is worse then yours and its quite depressing. I wouldn't recommend u Accutane tho but it could be an option

MemberMember
(@rlsid21)

Posted : 08/27/2014 3:09 pm

I'm 31 years old and just now finally got a handle of my acne that's been around since age 12........I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I have tried all of these products:

-Proactive Solution (2.5% and the 10% Extra Strength Formulas)

-All the Clean and Clear product lines

-Murad Skin Care

-Neutrogena bars, soaps, cleansers, etc

-Oxyclean

-Clearasil

-Acne Free

-Clarisonic

And a lot of other stuff I just forgot about.....the Proactive did work but not fully well like I wanted it to. Than it ended up making my skin way worse in the end.

This is my before photo when my acne was just about out of control. My forehead was always congested with blackheads for as long as I could recall. I had cystic acne all over especially during my period it and I would find myself getting cortisone injections nearly every week at my dermatologist to get rid of them. I was battling the new cystics, the old scars, and the clogged pores all at once. I never wanted to leave the house like this. Make up didn't cover nearly anything for me even with the best line.

This is what I currently look like after about a year or so of trying to find a regimen that worked for me. My dermatologist prescribed oral antibiotics, Doxycycline specifically for the cystic acne and Spironolactone for hormonal acne. She also gave me Tazorac (the mother of all retin-A's) for my clogged pores and Acanya (Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide) as my topical treatments.
I also started to go get facials as I never did this before ever in the past, my first facial left my face feeling so so clean that I never felt before. It was something my derm in the past recommended to me but I never did. A great professional esthetician became a part of my skin care for life after going the first time. My skin has been clear for about 2 years now where I haven't had a cystic pimple on my face and with the Tazorac my skin's texture is baby smooth where I am completely clear. I can go out without make up now which I could never even think about doing. I was determined to do this without Accutane.

If my acne was this severe and I was able to find a way that worked, I do believe that there is a better way as long as you work with your dermatologist and esthetician.....it'll take time but the effort is worth it. You have to be dedicated to it daily and not skip routines. Beautiful skin takes a lot of work but it can be achieved.
Let me know if you have any questions :)

MemberMember
(@bellebear)

Posted : 08/29/2014 11:12 am

I would kill to have your skin right now. It's all a matter of perspective, really. I think your complexion is amazing and can easily be treated seeing as there isn't too much inflammation!

Please never give up, there have been people battling cystic acne & acne conglobata for years but they're all clear now because they never lost hope.

Everyone around me has clear skin which is why it's so hard to talk to people about it, because they just don't understand the emotional devastation acne can leave on you.

But acne.org is a community and we're all here to help. :)

Good luck with your skin!