Notifications
Clear all

Not Sure What Kind Of Acne This Is ):

MemberMember
(@txn)

Posted : 08/25/2014 10:35 am

Hey guys I need some help. I've been telling my family about my acne and all I've been hearing is "stop stressing yourself. It'll go away." But it hasn't and I don't think it will go away any time soon. I've got pictures below ( it's really bad ): ).
I've had acne since I was 14 years old. I used to pick on my whiteheads. I have oily skin and my face is always shiny! I have sensitive skin too, which makes it worse cause finding the appropriate cleanser is difficult.
I often get whiteheads with pus and I do get visible red painful bumps as well. Especially when I'm on my period. I'm 20 years old this year and I'm very conscious on how I look. I can barely look at myself in the mirror because acne has taken a toll on me.
I've tried using honey for several weeks but I don't see any significant improvement in my skin. My dermatologist once gave me a toner which contains glycolic acid and it sting my face really bad I stopped using it.
The problematic areas are my cheeks, the area near my ear and my chin. Strange enough, despite having oily skin and a shiny T-zone, I don't get acne on my forehead or nose that often!
That is all the misery I would like to express. Your kind advice is greatly appreciated )

post-418605-0-35111400-1408980404.jpg

post-418605-0-28119300-1408980418.jpg

post-418605-0-15922200-1408980432.jpg

post-418605-0-35111400-1408980404.jpg

post-418605-0-28119300-1408980418.jpg

post-418605-0-15922200-1408980432.jpg

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/25/2014 4:15 pm

I went ahead and moved your topic over to the general acne forum. You had it posted over in red marks and scars Fourm.

Taking a look at your acne I would say it looks to be hormonal. The location of it screams hormonal. Have you tried any hormonal treatments like birth control that also helps treat acne? There is a medication that I take for my hormonal acne called Spirolactone. It's an androgen blocker. Androgens are the cause for hormonal acne. Here is a really good post about hormones and hormonal acne for both women and men. So just read the parts that are for women. It explains spiro and how it works.

Also it's important for me to note that spiro will not clear up the current acne you have. That will need to run it's course. What spiro does do it prevent acne in the future. It does take some time to start seeing results. When you do though it's great results. Clear skin results.

Your dermatologist can prescribe it. If you don't have a dermatologist talk to your OBGYN and ask them to prescribe it. I get mine from my OBGYN. It's safe to take and little to no side effects. It's a diuretic so some girls find they urinate more frequently, more so in the start of the treatment. You take it daily and what's nice about it is if you decide you don't want to take it anymore, it's 100% out of your system within a day. It's really been a god send for me, it's simple no fuss medication.